Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Jasper Scaife - Pick 5, 2024 MSD

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS... That was massive.. For those interested to check out it is at 3:37 min mark. This was the spot

View attachment 2035584
That is insanity. Are the lines accurate? Give him the kick-ins with a dry ball and he’ll put them through from full back.

In all seriousness though, that leg could absolutely change games if he comes on, kicking goals from 70 while the opposition tries to flood like today against the Eagles and there is nothing they can do once he has the mark. He would have put Logan McDonald’s shot onto the roof.

Had he kicked accurately today we’d all be calling for his debut next week.

Incredible how well he’s doing.
Only a matter of time now.
100%

Even with 8 marks, he may have booked his ticket. Depending on Lewis/ Dear/ Gunston and their respective injuries/ form.

Last edited:
For the guys and girls that have seen him live does he has pace from a standing start that he can use at the next level, or is he like Callow?

For the guys and girls that have seen him live does he has pace from a standing start that he can use at the next level, or is he like Callow?
Don’t know what the future holds for him but he is nothing like Callow. I think with an AFLpre season next year, he may well be a nice surprise.

Callow had supposed buckets which I don’t think I ever saw on display at Box Hill

Scaife may not be a world beater but he is a thumping kick and can relieve in the ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those that have kept a close eye on him at Box Hill what's his turning circle / overall agility levels like?

I'm not expecting Buddyesque levels of athletiscim but to make it as a key forwards at AFL level you need a base level of agility.

He seems to have the other bases covered (thumping kick, strong hands, absolute unit).

For those that have kept a close eye on him at Box Hill what's his turning circle / overall agility levels like?

I'm not expecting Buddyesque levels of athletiscim but to make it as a key forwards at AFL level you need a base level of agility.

He seems to have the other bases covered (thumping kick, strong hands, absolute unit).
He looks a pretty decent overall athlete in his draft highlights.

Barry Hall is a fairly close approximation, as someone pointed out previously.

Watched 3 on tv. Today he got the ball, pivoted and wanted to continue the wave of play and booted it long to space. All on fast time, a few steps away from congestion. He seems to have a strong IQ and can act on it. I would argue has shown more variety than Dear who was terrific. He is above average at the least in what you are asking. When he plays we will find out where he is challenged, I think he is well positioned to overcome them and get to the 200 games he wants.

He looks a pretty decent overall athlete in his draft highlights.

Barry Hall is a fairly close approximation, as someone pointed out previously.
I agree, Hall like. Perhaps has a pack mark in Jon Brown style in him. It’s been a while since we have had young key position players so don’t want to hype him but I hope he gets a go. McCabe looked very, very comfortable as well.

Scaife will end up full back for the Hawks. 100+ games.
Wasn’t expecting that. Good call. If it is harder to find a competent forward then I think he stays there but would earn another year on the list down back if he didn’t make it as a forward. Yeah, Liam Jones body and rubber movement.

Jasper is one serious prospect. He is athletic and a great kick. Today accuracy was an issue but you can see he has a good game sense and can play below the knees. He is a Jono Brown style of player. IMO he and Dear are the future forwards. Given him a few senior games under his belt and he could repay us handsomely.

Looks quick at VFL level (for a big man).
If rating the speed of our developing big men out of five:
5 DGB
4 Scaiffe
3 Serong
2 Phillips
1 Tucker - makes Reeves look quick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Jasper Scaife - Pick 5, 2024 MSD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back