Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D’Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

He said in an interview after we got him that he thought he could bring what Josh Daicos and Gulden bring to Collingwood and Sydney.

I reckon he could be right.

Mass has polled well with the coaches and had a great debut. Much of it due to his hard work. Moore and Worpel were the other Hawthorn players to get votes. IMO, our three hardest workers in the game. Think a few of the other players should take note.

Apparently a massive fan of the Burge weights program. Has put on significant bulk.
Is only 20.
Sky's the limit.
I suspected he was 23 or so and had been playing VFL a few seasons and then got a call up. But he is basically a 2nd year drafteee who looks class - his kicking is sensational. A great bargain pick up.

That pick up and blind turn for a quick handball to his teammates was not something I thought he had in his repertoire. Crowd seemed to love it too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The new number 16 looks to be a good upgrade on Nick Ries.
oh yeah dancing GIF by Great Big Story

Yep. As low a blow as you can go.

His kicking was as good as advertised but the hands were a very pleasant surprise, if he can maintain close to that level on a week to week basis we are absolutely laughing!
I was also shocked when he arrived at the club with hands.
He really is the full package

Great game game from Massimo.
A significant upgrade on Bramble.
Bramble actually had a good game as well on the weekend. Looked more like he did in his first year

Massimo's game was still much better though

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D’Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

Back