Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking back at last year's draft where would he and Calsher go?

Watson goes third behind Reid and McKercher. I personally think he's had more impact than the latter, but Colby has massive numbers. Wilson then Windsor round it out.

Calsher goes top 10 and probably right after the above group.

Looking back at last year's draft where would he and Calsher go?

Reid and McKercher would stay at one and two.

After that you'd have a group of Wilson, Watson, Windsor, Dear and Caddy.

Based on performances to date - Reid, McKercher, Wilson, Watson, Dear, Caddy, and Windsor.

Both Humphries and Mannagh have been very good, but they are both mature aged recruits. The latter especially.

Last edited:

Watson I think 3rd but I would personally take him 2nd.

Dear would at the very latest go 13th to Melbourne instead of Tholstrup. Maybe 12th to GWS over Gothard.

I would also personally take Dear over Caddy but I wouldn't expect Essendon to.

Dear would at the very latest go 13th to Melbourne instead of Tholstrup. Maybe 12th to GWS over Gothard.

To understand how highly rated Watson was you only have to look at how profusely the Dogs tried to trade up the order to snag him. If they could've pushed above us then they would've definitely taken him. Does anyone have a list of picks / players they traded out to get to pick 5 but only to fall 1 spot short where they had to settle for Ryley Sanders who btw I feel is going to be great too.

To understand how highly rated Watson was you only have to look at how profusely the Dogs tried to trade up the order to snag him. If they could've pushed above us then they would've definitely taken him. Does anyone have a list of picks / players they traded out to get to pick 5 but only to fall 1 spot short where they had to settle for Ryley Sanders who btw I feel is going to be great too.
Western Bulldogs trade with Gold Coast Suns
Dogs receive:
  • Pick 4 (Sanders)
  • Pick 46 (Freijah)
  • Pick 51 (gets traded to Brisbane)
  • 2024 third rounder

Dogs give:
  • Pick 10
  • Pick 17
  • 2024 first rounder

Worth noting the Suns had to get out of that range anyway as they knew a Walter bid would come very early, and the Dogs also wanted to get in front of the Croft FS bid, which came at 15 in the end.

Watson and Dear are 3rd and 4th for me from last years draft.

I love the look from J.Daicos'. He's thinking "how the f* did he weave through that traffic?"

WTF how was it not? Thats as pure a centre clearance as you'll see.
Crazy eh?

1724201745146.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After watching for the 1000th time, I also need to point out that block from Nash there was elite.

Nash is so big he put the block on both Sidebottom and Daicos at the same time.

He reminds me a lot of Cyril
Some say Puopolo but I don't think Puopolo could have done that clearance - it was Cyril level. It is the speed at which Watson changes direction that makes the difference. That speed opens up a pathway through traffic that is not available to any but a handful of players. The speed makes it look like there is no traffic.

He reminds me a lot of Cyril

Some say Puopolo but I don't think Puopolo could have done that clearance - it was Cyril level. It is the speed at which Watson changes direction that makes the difference. That speed opens up a pathway through traffic that is not available to any but a handful of players. The speed makes it look like there is no traffic.
Yeah on the weekend he had that shot on goal after he picked it up one touch and literally he’s swerving with fast change of direction and pure speed to get past two Richmond players for a shot on goal, was incredible.

His ability to change direction at full pace is the best I have ever seen, even better than Cyril (sacrilege but I believe this to be the case).
Confused Jersey Shore GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

Okay maybe I have gone a little early with that one.....

But watch the video clip above and you will see why I am getting excited 😜

C'monnnnnnnnnnn nowwwwwwwwww

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back