Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

How cool was it seeing the Wiz play the way he did in his first final against the team that was rumoured to be desperately trying to trade up to nab him before us. Can anyone remember what picks they traded out only to just miss out on him? Dare I say if they ended up achieving their goal and getting him we don't make finals let along would've had a shot tonight without him. Does so much even without kicking goals.

Loved how Mabs frogged hopped him after one of his goals. Someone needs to make a GIF of that 😂
They've gotta stop picking him up...but what else are you going to do with him, he's so little.🤣

Drawing a head high free from Caleb Daniel is a form of showboating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the maturity in giving Finn the handball in the goal square.

Could have had a great individual moment and milestone to kick 5 in a final. Decided to share it around to one of our players who would rarely get a limelight moment.

He's a good kid.

Trying to figure out why his pregame routine shorts look like they go down to his ankles.

He hunts like an owl, they don't even hear him coming as he's so fast the crowd hasn't had time to react until after the tackle is laid.

Kids who can play as dominant as they were in juniors first year up in the AFL are extraordinarily rare. This is one of them.

Hasn’t been mentioned here so I will.

Last night with 97k+ people screaming as the boys ran out, for his first final, at 19, with pressure coming, Watson walked out with a kid wearing his number on their jumper. Spent time with them and had a chat before running off for the warm up.

Then goes and kicks 4.1 on the biggest stage of his life.

Last night with 97k+ people screaming as the boys ran out, for his first final, at 19, with pressure coming, Watson walked out with a kid wearing his number on their jumper. Spent time with them and had a chat before running off for the warm up.

I also spoke to my old man when we came out after half time and ran between the auskickers. All the Hawks players were giving the kids high 5's while only a couple of the Dogs' players did the same. Loved how relaxed we were coming into such a big game.

billy lifeguard GIF

Definitely won’t be the biggest stage of his life, or even of 2024. But really nice to hear him spending time with the kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back