Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Btw, not only an I over the moon with the wizard, I'd like for us to double up in this year's draft and get another Livewire small frwd. Just run rings around Oppo defences for a decade.
With ML going down I think a big forward is a much greater need, we are well equipped with top quality smalls, enough already to drive the opposition and their supporters mad for decades. I'm certainly looking forward to it. Delicious.

It came as a surprise to Sammy but apparently Moore gave him permission to take over his role.

If you see Mitchell's presser he said he was on the bench and said to Will Day "Is that Nick Watson m in the centre bounce?"🤣

According to the AFL stats it never happened:

1721635204392.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wanted Duursma with our fist pick.
I even preferred Curtin ahead of Watson.

But I can’t imagine this team without Watson.

I was sceptical about using a top five pick on a small forward, but he is gonna be so much more than that.

Duursma and Curtin will be fine players in time. Watson is already an elite small forward.

Great call by Sleepy and co.

I wanted Duursma with our fist pick.
I even preferred Curtin ahead of Watson.

But I can’t imagine this team without Watson.

I was sceptical about using a top five pick on a small forward, but he is gonna be so much more than that.

Duursma and Curtin will be fine players in time. Watson is already an elite small forward.

Great call by Sleepy and co.

I was exactly the same, just couldn’t get over his height and felt that Duursma and Curtain were far safer bets…. Thank god Norf shit the bed again with a top 5 pick.

Happy I See GIF by DreamWorks Animation

"But but but he's too small to play at AFL level he won't be able to handle the physical stuff"
View attachment 2055051View attachment 2055052View attachment 2055053
Angus Bradshaw likes this.
This was a great moment.

It was all reflex/unplanned stuff - but he put the bully flat on his arse.
Maynard doesn't intimate people like he used to. He still tries, but players have learned his bark is a lot worse than his bite.

But Wiz just decked him.

Loved it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back