Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Contender for Goal of the Week, but will probably be pipped by Reid's one.
This is the problem with how they adjudicate Goals and Marks of the Year.
You may get two potential Goals or Marks of the Year in the one round (which has happened) and the "lesser" of the two gets knocked out and essentially forgotten.

One thing I love about young Will is that, like a lot of our current mids, his impact per possession is ridiculously high. His ceiling if he can stay fit is one of the highest in the AFL, a combination of the best traits of Fyfe and Bont. Love watching him out there.

I've been a fan of this lad since he played his first few games. I am confident he will become one of the best players in the comp in the near future. Love his attitude, his courage, his talent and I am certain he will become a great captain of our club.

I'm not convinced seems too slight. Meanwhile down Corio way. 186cm and 83kg and pace to burn. Ready made.

View attachment 786132

His ‘highlights’ show him repeatedly fumbling the ball. Big problem for a mid at afl level. I’d prefer Day every time because he is clean in everything he does.
When you are right, you are right :p

*Sorry Milkshaker, just thought Cooper was an amazing player to pick given he ended up on our list!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think anyone who appreciates pure footy would certainly appreciate the way he goes about it.

His football brain is next level. It's rare to find a player who not only sees the game like a jedi, but has the skills and ability to directly impact at a core level and bring everyone else along with them.

The recruiting team needs some recognition for his selection. I have to admit, I was pretty concerned when he was drafted. He was the skinniest afl player I'd ever seen in his first year - every time he went into a pack I was waiting for him to break off into a dozen pieces :grin: Credit to him, he's bulked up massively and seems to have a huge amount of core strength to stand up in tackles and dish off handballs.

Scary / great thing is, he's not even close to his prime yet!

The Age just wrote an exciting piece on him.

Seems destined to be a future skipper of this football club.

I think anyone who appreciates pure footy would certainly appreciate the way he goes about it.

His football brain is next level. It's rare to find a player who not only sees the game like a jedi, but has the skills and ability to directly impact at a core level and bring everyone else along with them.

The recruiting team needs some recognition for his selection. I have to admit, I was pretty concerned when he was drafted. He was the skinniest afl player I'd ever seen in his first year - every time he went into a pack I was waiting for him to break off into a dozen pieces :grin: Credit to him, he's bulked up massively and seems to have a huge amount of core strength to stand up in tackles and dish off handballs.

Scary / great thing is, he's not even close to his prime yet!
Any lingering concerns I had about his build were put to bed when I saw him up close recently.

The most recent listing I could find has him at 191cm and 83kg but to my eye he looks easily 193/194cm and 88/89kg.

He's a deadset unit these days which is nothing but a credit to Will as like you say he was so, so skinny when he was drafted (mind you even back then he was totally fearless).

You can see with Day he believes he can go to half forward and be that guy when required to take a mark. Hopefully his set shots improve which is main fault. I don’t want to say what past player he compares too but we all know

Remove this Banner Ad

Back