Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on dude with your user name being The Big Dipper surely you would know that a broken rib or a broken clavicle can cause injury to internal organs 😂
Rib yes, clavicle no I wasn't aware...

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

“If you have a joint dislocation, your doctor may try to manipulate (move) the clavicle back into place without making an incision in the skin (see photo below). This procedure is called a closed reduction. A closed reduction is usually performed in the operating room.”

When folks say a partial dislocation of the collarbone, I think they means a subluxation of the sternoclavicular joint. That's a pretty rare injury. Grade I are sprains, ligament OK, Grade II are subluxations (tearing of sternoclavicular ligaments; costoclavicular ligaments intact), I'm guessing that's what Will has and the worst are Grade III, a dislocation (tearing of all ligaments). Sprains you rest for a couple of weeks and dislocations in a top sportsman you would probably pin and get then back in a few weeks. Not sure about Grade II.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When folks say a partial dislocation of the collarbone, I think they means a subluxation of the sternoclavicular joint. That's a pretty rare injury. Grade I are sprains, ligament OK, Grade II are subluxations (tearing of sternoclavicular ligaments; costoclavicular ligaments intact), I'm guessing that's what Will has and the worst are Grade III, a dislocation (tearing of all ligaments). Sprains you rest for a couple of weeks and dislocations in a top sportsman you would probably pin and get then back in a few weeks. Not sure about Grade II.
So should be right for the Grand final ? (Joke)

So should be right for the Grand final ? (Joke)
He's got 3 weeks before the elimination final, there's reasonable chance he will be right. Remember they do things to top sportsman <Queue ominous music> that they don't do to us normal folks. I looked after a motorbike racer who fell off in practice for the Australian motorcycle Grand Prix, they pinned his collarbone that night and was back at practice 48 hours later and competed 72 hours later. Racing bikes is pretty tough on the shoulder girdle.

So Tyreek Hill did a similar injury in the NFL (preliminary Google I couldn’t find an AFL/NRL player with similar) and was out 4 weeks. Given if we beat Norf it’ll be 3 weeks until an elimination final overall that’s not the worst news.

Cometh the moment, barring no new information there will be zero chance Day isn’t out there. To courageous for his own good.

Shades of hodge about this… Day on the outside letting Newcombe and Nash go to work will worry any side

Nerve can also be pretty touchy around there. I pinched a nerve around my collarbone playing footy, was really uncomfortable for a few weeks couldn't move my arm in certain positions. Mine was pretty minor though only missed 2 weeks once the swelling went down the pain went.

Not to sure if something like that is also happening to Will but when I saw him run off and had to hold is arm in a certain way/place it reminded me of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back