Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Rory Atkins

Remove this Banner Ad

I take it all back. Rory Atkins is HIM

I am literally speechless. Played 3 AFL games this year on $400k a year 30 years old his stint at the Gold Coast has been a disaster, North Melbourne or a Richmond would not even think about picking up this clown.
we'd literally be better off playing Tom Clurey who would be getting paid minimum chips

Bit of a cringe overreaction to the ex Crow thing. He played for the Crows, he's a bit of an antagonist on the field, big deal. I actually find the story arc quite humorous.

The actual recruitment itself is a bit weird but whatever.

There is no universe in which this acquisition is good for port. Not a single angle works.

- He’s 30 so not in our premiership window

- Plays on a wing and Hinkley always plays his recruits so will likely play round 1 and Lorenz won’t get a gig further stunting his development.

- He’s REALLY BAD.

I can’t wait for the explanation from old mate Davies.

There is no universe in which this acquisition is good for port. Not a single angle works.

- He’s 30 so not in our premiership window

- Plays on a wing and Hinkley always plays his recruits so will likely play round 1 and Lorenz won’t get a gig further stunting his development.

- He’s REALLY BAD.

I can’t wait for the explanation from old mate Davies.
Davies can sugarcoat it as much as he likes but today has been a total disaster anyone with half a brain will see through his dribble.

The club must be totally out of sync with the paying customers.

To collect a player who is possibly the most hated AFL in the comp, by us, is just mind-numbingly right out there.

I'm so antagonised by this decision. A sneaky trick to stop the white noise from thinking too deeply about the pathetic Houston trade?

How do we have Jed McEntee, Francis Evans, Tom Clurey and Rory Atkins all on our list next year lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our SANFL side will likely consistently have Atkins, Soldo, McEntee, Clurey, Finlayson, Evans, Narkle(?).

High chance of Burton and Boak to play most games there too.

I don't follow SANFL but Hartlett has to really suck as coach if he cannot win with that squad right?

Angry Gordon Ramsay GIF by Gordon Ramsay's 24 Hours to Hell and Back

The club must be totally out of sync with the paying customers.

To collect a player who is possibly the most hated AFL in the comp, by us, is just mind-numbingly right out there.

I'm so antagonised by this decision. A sneaky trick to stop the white noise from thinking too deeply about the pathetic Houston trade?

I’m intrigued how atkins is the most hated afl player in the comp? Is that what you are saying?

I genuinely forgot he even existed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He's the perfect archtype of a player hated by Port supporters - soft, missing in big games, ex crow. Every crows final, us supporters knew Jenkins and Atkins would battle for worst on ground.

He did kinda of find his position at Gold Coast at half back. He is decent driving the ball out of defense, tries to make things happen and provides run and carry, has a great tank and can piss in 25-30 disposals. Still though, he is not a good contested footballer and he does not tackle (1/17 games over 2 tackles in 2023). When its his turn to go, he stands off. There are far worse flankers on the GC list than Atkins, but yeah he can step in and play the hbf role if things are dire there.

Our SANFL side will likely consistently have Atkins, Soldo, McEntee, Clurey, Finlayson, Evans, Narkle(?).

High chance of Burton and Boak to play most games there too.

I don't follow SANFL but Hartlett has to really suck as coach if he cannot win with that squad right?
Evans and Narkle will have to be delisted now. Can’t see how they can stay on our list.

It’s insane recruiting a list clogger when we have 4 decent draft picks, Rome Burgoyne, Montgomery and maybe Barratt (if he gets bid on in the ND) to fit in- that requires an additional 6-7 delisting:

Williams
Charleson*
F.Evans
Scully
K.Marshall
McEntee*
Narkle

*= contracted for 2025

Narkle is a better, younger player than Atkins. Scully has much more potential- needs time on the list. Williams has succeeded at AFL level and is young still. Evans got games because he met a need.

Just tell us the real reason Ratkins is on our list. Was it so his delisting in a few days comes from our salary cap, not GC’s?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Rory Atkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back