Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Then there was ‘22 when we were excellent in parts, but all those narrow losses which cost us top 4 or higher were caused again by lack of effort. Games that were in the bag thrown away by complacency leading to a reverse in momentum that we couldn’t stop. Week after week.
And that pissed me off more than anything. We had a gilt edged opportunity to easily make top 4 and another serious crack at a flag and we shot ourselves in the foot.

Last edited:
I am happy to write off this year, as I wouldn't like to be a coach that took over our team with the injuries & lack of effort from quite a few senior players this season. I want to see a gameplan start to show out over the course of next season & players played on merit, not on reputation. I don't expect us to win too many games next season, but I want to see us to be competitive throughout the games. Also would like to see what expectations the club have over the next 3-5 years, without the fluff stories.

facts are facts - our worst season in 100+ years

ergo the worst coaching performance in our club's history

Good news is, there is no lower than worst, the only way is up.

The dromedary will have its day!

(or was it a bactrian?)

Don’t you have to analyse the contribution the coaching performance made to finishing last or having worst season? Is Clarkson a terrible coach given where North has been since he arrived.

u posted it above
All yze said he won’t put a limit on where we will finish

We're not going to put a ceiling on where we could finish, that’s all he said and the comment re we want our players thinking they can make the top4. No club would think otherwise so your comment means nothing. Still waiting when he said we will be top4 never happened
Not once did he say we would make the top4. As you and others continue to say. We get you hate him move on

he used the words top 4 , or am I imagining
All he said was we won’t put a limit on where we would finish. That was it. Also in general so many have over rated our list, This season was always going to be a struggle as Yze was left with an average list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am happy to write off this year, as I wouldn't like to be a coach that took over our team with the injuries & lack of effort from quite a few senior players this season. I want to see a gameplan start to show out over the course of next season & players played on merit, not on reputation. I don't expect us to win too many games next season, but I want to see us to be competitive throughout the games. Also would like to see what expectations the club have over the next 3-5 years, without the fluff stories.
Have to change the mindset of the supporters too.
There's plenty who think Graham should be a walk-up start for playing with a crook shoulder in the 2019 preliminary final ;);););) Jayden Short for winning a best and fairest in 2020; McIntosh for being a premiership player.

Last edited:
All he said was we won’t put a limit on where we would finish. That was it. Also in general so many have over rated our list, This season was always going to be a struggle as Yze was left with an average list.
he said we'll try to return to the top 4

I think he was looking at the ladder upside down

yeh which should be every clubs aim top4. So to say he said we would is purely false

When talking about our prospects, Yze would’ve been hoping for :

• a fit Lynch
  • an AA quality Dusty as he was in 2023.
  • a fit Prestia
  • a fit Gibcus
  • a fit TT
  • a fit Hopper
  • an AA quality Bolton as he was in 2022.
  • further development from Ross and Young.
  • a fit MRJ
  • a return to form and fitness for Grimes
  • Sonsie to become a midfield regular.
  • Benny Gale to be invested in our rebirth.

If everything went right in 2024 I’ve got no idea where we end up … not top-4, but probably in the mix with half a dozen teams from 6-12th.

But everything went as wrong as things can possibly go mostly through bad luck, bad injury management and head office having their ‘heads’ elsewhere … all of which have zero to do with Yze.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

People here seriously overthink what coaches say in public.

Imagine a coach coming put and saying “all our players are garbage and we are going to finish bottom 4” People here think moving a photo damaged morale, imagine what a coach saying that in public would do?

Don’t you have to analyse the contribution the coaching performance made to finishing last or having worst season? Is Clarkson a terrible coach given where North has been since he arrived.
Trying to avoid all subjective analysis and just state the facts, with careful language.

I think Yze would own it, the buck stopping with him etc. etc.

Your last two sentences was the problem and Noidnadroj thinks they were great. The senior guys killed us this year. You were more ruthless than me as you said ALL whilst I said MOST. 😂 You negative campaigner. 🤣😉

200-5.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back