as contrasted with cold toast and that coach

process looks to have been exhausting

all concerned looked happy when speaking but tired af when someone else was

wasn't taken lightly

well-operated club

to hear benny acknowledge we have wandered from our best was good

loved the zero spin
Spot on how was the Chiefs Demeanor compared to the other coaches presser he wasn’t facing in the opposite direction like he did when the other bloke walked

Is anyone worried by him being in the driver's seat at the dee's and going out in straight sets with forward entry being a real problem?
It did cross my mind. Then I thought about the forward line he had at his disposal. Joel Smith, Tom McDonald, Van Rooyen, Neal-bullen, Chandler etc. they really only have 2 decent players up there currently and that's Kozzie and Fritsch who both shat the bed in the finals and are typically not the type you look to when it's crunch time.

Is anyone worried by him being in the driver's seat at the dee's and going out in straight sets with forward entry being a real problem?
Not really
I think tactically and gameplan wise they were/are solid it was the execution that let them down

The coach can only implement the strategies and make the calls on match ups but he can go out and kick the ball for them

Not really
I think tactically and gameplan wise they were/are solid it was the execution that let them down

The coach can only implement the strategies and make the calls on match ups but he can go out and kick the ball for them
He looks like he could do just that!

Was just having a read of one of the articles and reading a quote from Yze, one thing that stood out and probably a small detail but it means a lot to me as a fan was he was saying “our” when referring to the club and playing group

Love the fact he already feels part of the organisation and is taking ownership

Like I said it’s a small detail and may not mean a lot to a lot of people but it counts for a lot in my eyes

“But I didn’t want to pass up an opportunity to go to a stable footy club, a really powerful footy club. For a young coach to be able to grab your players and staff, and just go and play the game and not worry about what’s happening upstairs [in the boardroom, is an advantage] ... upstairs is a really powerful part of our organisation, and I’m just hopefully going to make our playing group a really powerful club”

wasn't taken lightly

well-operated club

loved the zero spin
I think Yze and the club handled the press conference well today. It was direct and honest

GC's press conference with Hardwick seemed like a good sales pitch

Was just having a read of one of the articles and reading a quote from Yze, one thing that stood out and probably a small detail but it means a lot to me as a fan was he was saying “our” when referring to the club and playing group

Love the fact he already feels part of the organisation and is taking ownership

Like I said it’s a small detail and may not mean a lot to a lot of people but it counts for a lot in my eyes

“But I didn’t want to pass up an opportunity to go to a stable footy club, a really powerful footy club. For a young coach to be able to grab your players and staff, and just go and play the game and not worry about what’s happening upstairs [in the boardroom, is an advantage] ... upstairs is a really powerful part of our organisation, and I’m just hopefully going to make our playing group a really powerful club”
Great pick up and noticed this too, we obviously haven't got much to go off at this stage but even from that 15-20 mins he seems like a great communicator and a transparent and accountable leader.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodwin still had the final say.

Now we will find out where some of our veterans are at, including Dusty. The biggest challenge Adem face's first up is how he sets a few standard & how the vets react to that. I know when Dennis Pagan got to Carlton he was blown away at how much the vets dictated the standards & i think we are at a similar point, but not as dramatic

Will they adapt to change, or run back to Dimma who will almost definitely be feeding on any concerns over the change & promising a greener pasture. Either way, we win IMO

Really excited the club made this decision. It's hard to make change when you have had success under the same mantra before - but it needed to happen desperately. Well done club

wasn't taken lightly

well-operated club

loved the zero spin

I was shocked to hear from Benny and it was refreshing. The club is finally admitting the last 3 years have been poor and this was required. Nothing worse then being stuck in the past. We are back well with the pack now and the journey back to the top starts now!

Really enjoyed listening to what he had to say at the presser. Excited to get going, has some new ideas about how he wants the team to play. I really like the idea of the players having clarity and as an extension a simplicity about how we'll play with players being given defined roles. The other thing I liked hearing was that there will be opportunity for the kids to stake a claim, which clearly indicates that it is indeed a new era beginning. Finally loved the new toys comment towards the end,

Really enjoyed listening to what he had to say at the presser. Excited to get going, has some new ideas about how he wants the team to play. I really like the idea of the players having clarity and as an extension a simplicity about how we'll play with players being given defined roles. The other thing I liked hearing was that there will be opportunity for the kids to stake a claim, which clearly indicates that it is indeed a new era beginning.
Regarding the kids, he will keen to see who has it and who doesnt asap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back