Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixed the wording. Good governance does reside in a few individuals.

The fact is that we have sat on our hands at the higher up levels. As soon as Gale said anything about thinking his time had come we should of made it clear that we are going to start making inquiries. As soon as his house was put on the market we should of been upping our search. The announcement of Gale leaving the Tigers should of been "We are sorry to see such a key and integral figure leaving the the club and we will look forward to celebrating his achievements throughout the rest of the year. However, looking forward I am happy to announce [insert name] as Gale's replacement".

The next thing we should of announced was an external total club review like we did at the end of 16 so the new team can have a shiny report and accounting of what we have
The Board has known this was coming at the start of last year.
You think they have sat on the hands since then?

Excuse me what Cornes was stating is what the eyes and ears tell us. Well why didn't the club tell us them as in 2010 they told fans where the club was going? It Gave us hope and members bought into it and growth happened, debt become profits and long time failure became success. There was a large PDF given to us all back then. So why hasn't it happened? Why didn't they conduct a review back in 21 when we didn't make the 8 or definitely after last season? Everyone is asleep atm and when have you last heard a murmur of any positivity from Benny in where the club is heading. They've kept us ill informed recently so badly they can't even update us with proper player injury reports. If you're happy then you're basically at the 2016 level as your accepting poor results. It was when everything was reviewed that the success came. The 11% here that supported DH back then still haven't accepted the fact unless those changes after the review was made we still would be looking for our 11th flag.

Here is some information to enlighten you:

Nah mate you’re wrong the flags were all down to Dumma , he had no help , greatest coach ever

I'm not going to drill down into bio mechanics if you are going to ignore basic sports science, conditioning and the accepted factors which reduce or potentially exacerbate acl's.

Ill let your own noose do the talking again.
Think it comes down to the footwear.IMO.

It looks like they have. Starting from finding a new ceo when they knew he was going last year , should be in place now for the handover , but still trying to shortlist

View attachment 2045651

Adem Yze appears to be more a cheerleader than an AFL senior coach.

With Richmond’s fall from powerhouse to last on the AFL ladder now complete after just two wins in 17 rounds, the honeymoon is over for the first-year coach.

It’s clear Yze is desperate to be liked by his players and is afraid to publicly hold them accountable for unacceptable performances.

View attachment 2045652

The first warning sign of Yze’s soft approach came after Richmond were annihilated by 91 points against the Western Bulldogs in round nine.

After consecutive defeats of 43 points against Melbourne and 54 points to Fremantle, it would have been reasonable for Yze to criticise his players and send a message that meek performances would not be acceptable. Standards need to be set early in a new coaching regime.

Surprisingly, Yze appeared satisfied with his players’ efforts.

“I just spoke to our players about our effort, and I can’t fault our effort. The boys are trying. It’s like they are trying hard ... I’ve said this over and over that we can’t fault the effort; it’s just the execution and our tackle technique,” Yze said post-match.

This struck a concerning tone. Players could believe the coach was happy with their endeavours in a 91-point loss. It was not a shock that this disaster was followed by a season-high 119-point loss to the Brisbane Lions. At half-time, the score was 13 goals to two. The Richmond players had given up.

What did Yze expect after he had lowered the bar a week earlier? He had become a booster – and was slapped in the face for his cheerleading.

Yze’s approach contrasts sharply with that of successful coaches who don’t shy away from demanding the best from their players, even if it makes them unpopular.

The best coaches are respected, not necessarily liked, because they hold their teams to high standards. They push them to maximise their potential. Yze’s apparent fear of alienating his players seems to have created a lack of accountability. The result is Richmond’s dismal standing.

Former New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick won six Super Bowl trophies with a demanding and sometimes brutal coaching style. This approach is detailed by former players in the documentary Dynasty, which explores the highs and lows of the Patriots across a 20-year period.

No matter what the score was, Belichick cared more about the things they were doing poorly than what they were doing well. He never let them get ahead of themselves.
View attachment 2045653

“Most of the coaches in the NFL are coaching football, but he’s coaching warfare,” says former player Donte Stallworth. In a rare recorded team meeting, Belichick lived this theme.

“Now look,” he says, “I’m not saying we are in a war here, but I’m just telling you, understand how one stupid play, one stupid penalty, one mistake, ends it for us all.”

This ruthless style may not resonate with today’s more sensitive generation, but most successful AFL coaches have a hard edge. They are not looking to make friends with their players.

Geelong coach Chris Scott and Sydney’s John Longmire would not dare praise their players’ effort after a 91-point smashing.

Three-time premiership coach Damien Hardwick did not spare his Gold Coast players after the two-point loss to North Melbourne: “It’s my job as a coach to sit there and demand better because at the moment we’re capable of beating the premiership favourites last week and then this week we let ourselves down.”

Hardwick put it all on the table: “I’m angry, to be fair. As a footy club we’ve got to grow the f--- up to be perfectly honest.”

After a 51-point loss to Fremantle in the same round, Yze approach was the polar opposite: “I just spoke to the players around their effort, I couldn’t doubt their effort... We never turned our toes up, even the way we finished the game. I thought we were equal [for] inside 50s and time in the forward half, things like that. I thought we played the right way, even through [there’s] some frustration, but yeah their polish was just too good.”

This suggests the coach is too comfortable with mediocrity.

View attachment 2045654

In another poor look, Yze celebrated a Shai Bolton goal in jubilation with his players on the bench. He is not a supporter. He is the coach and needs to act like one.

The Tigers’ next five seasons will be painful as they rebuild their list.

They need a coach who will drive them hard, hold them accountable, and refuse to accept anything less than their best. They need a coach, not a best friend.

Rebuilding coaches seldom last more than five seasons. Yze has no hope of bucking the trend unless he changes his approach.
Stopped reading at Kane Cornes

View attachment 2045651

Adem Yze appears to be more a cheerleader than an AFL senior coach.

With Richmond’s fall from powerhouse to last on the AFL ladder now complete after just two wins in 17 rounds, the honeymoon is over for the first-year coach.

It’s clear Yze is desperate to be liked by his players and is afraid to publicly hold them accountable for unacceptable performances.

View attachment 2045652

The first warning sign of Yze’s soft approach came after Richmond were annihilated by 91 points against the Western Bulldogs in round nine.

After consecutive defeats of 43 points against Melbourne and 54 points to Fremantle, it would have been reasonable for Yze to criticise his players and send a message that meek performances would not be acceptable. Standards need to be set early in a new coaching regime.

Surprisingly, Yze appeared satisfied with his players’ efforts.

“I just spoke to our players about our effort, and I can’t fault our effort. The boys are trying. It’s like they are trying hard ... I’ve said this over and over that we can’t fault the effort; it’s just the execution and our tackle technique,” Yze said post-match.

This struck a concerning tone. Players could believe the coach was happy with their endeavours in a 91-point loss. It was not a shock that this disaster was followed by a season-high 119-point loss to the Brisbane Lions. At half-time, the score was 13 goals to two. The Richmond players had given up.

What did Yze expect after he had lowered the bar a week earlier? He had become a booster – and was slapped in the face for his cheerleading.

Yze’s approach contrasts sharply with that of successful coaches who don’t shy away from demanding the best from their players, even if it makes them unpopular.

The best coaches are respected, not necessarily liked, because they hold their teams to high standards. They push them to maximise their potential. Yze’s apparent fear of alienating his players seems to have created a lack of accountability. The result is Richmond’s dismal standing.

Former New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick won six Super Bowl trophies with a demanding and sometimes brutal coaching style. This approach is detailed by former players in the documentary Dynasty, which explores the highs and lows of the Patriots across a 20-year period.

No matter what the score was, Belichick cared more about the things they were doing poorly than what they were doing well. He never let them get ahead of themselves.
View attachment 2045653

“Most of the coaches in the NFL are coaching football, but he’s coaching warfare,” says former player Donte Stallworth. In a rare recorded team meeting, Belichick lived this theme.

“Now look,” he says, “I’m not saying we are in a war here, but I’m just telling you, understand how one stupid play, one stupid penalty, one mistake, ends it for us all.”

This ruthless style may not resonate with today’s more sensitive generation, but most successful AFL coaches have a hard edge. They are not looking to make friends with their players.

Geelong coach Chris Scott and Sydney’s John Longmire would not dare praise their players’ effort after a 91-point smashing.

Three-time premiership coach Damien Hardwick did not spare his Gold Coast players after the two-point loss to North Melbourne: “It’s my job as a coach to sit there and demand better because at the moment we’re capable of beating the premiership favourites last week and then this week we let ourselves down.”

Hardwick put it all on the table: “I’m angry, to be fair. As a footy club we’ve got to grow the f--- up to be perfectly honest.”

After a 51-point loss to Fremantle in the same round, Yze approach was the polar opposite: “I just spoke to the players around their effort, I couldn’t doubt their effort... We never turned our toes up, even the way we finished the game. I thought we were equal [for] inside 50s and time in the forward half, things like that. I thought we played the right way, even through [there’s] some frustration, but yeah their polish was just too good.”

This suggests the coach is too comfortable with mediocrity.

View attachment 2045654

In another poor look, Yze celebrated a Shai Bolton goal in jubilation with his players on the bench. He is not a supporter. He is the coach and needs to act like one.

The Tigers’ next five seasons will be painful as they rebuild their list.

They need a coach who will drive them hard, hold them accountable, and refuse to accept anything less than their best. They need a coach, not a best friend.

Rebuilding coaches seldom last more than five seasons. Yze has no hope of bucking the trend unless he changes his approach.
Written and authorised by noted click bait artist Kane Cornes and no surprises that it's being taken as gospel by those who would have less idea than Cornes when it comes to knowing what is happening inside the club because it suits their negative narrative.

It looks like they have. Starting from finding a new ceo when they knew he was going last year , should be in place now for the handover , but still trying to shortlist
People assume they have.
Whats their motive for it?
To be shit for the next decade?
To run the club to the ground?

Excuse me what Cornes was stating is what the eyes and ears tell us. Well why didn't the club tell us them as in 2010 they told fans where the club was going? It Gave us hope and members bought into it and growth happened, debt become profits and long time failure became success. There was a large PDF given to us all back then. So why hasn't it happened? Why didn't they conduct a review back in 21 when we didn't make the 8 or definitely after last season? Everyone is asleep atm and when have you last heard a murmur of any positivity from Benny in where the club is heading. They've kept us ill informed recently so badly they can't even update us with proper player injury reports. If you're happy then you're basically at the 2016 level as your accepting poor results. It was when everything was reviewed that the success came. The 11% here that supported DH back then still haven't accepted the fact unless those changes after the review was made we still would be looking for our 11th flag.

Here is some information to enlighten you:

This is so right T, well done to you for this brilliant suggestion. In fact you should take it to all 18 clubs, it s sure to bring them all success at the same time. ;)

People assume they have.
Whats their motive for it?
To be shit for the next decade?
To run the club to the ground?
Indecision , Fear from making a decision , which could be wrong, the biggest fear in corporate world .

They need to make a decision based on what they know , whatever decision they make will be right it may later be proven to be wrong but at the time is right .

They put a camel 🐪 at training because it was suppose to motivate players during pre season , that no matter how hot it got a camel pushes through it 😂
He removed gf memorabilia from one room as he said we can’t live in the past and wanted to create a new path etc but I think it was removed from a certain room but moved to another

Sack him

Indecision , Fear from making a decision , which could be wrong, the biggest fear in corporate world .

They need to make a decision based on what they know , whatever decision they make will be right it may later be proven to be wrong but at the time is right .
What are you on about?
Just because they haven't announced who the new CEO is doesn't mean they have done their homework ffs.
Too much jumping at shadows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ACL are being and have been studied at high levels at FIFA and UEFA , they don’t believe and have reported that there are a number of factors even the type of footwear worn during a game , if the average is 0.7 and we are running at 5 it’s not dumb luck, couple that to the “other” injuries it’s not bad luck , the correlation is it’s connected to strength and conditioning , over stressing the players etc .

If the club doesn’t review that part of its Organisation we are in for a world of pain
Club should be reviewing of course as they should continuously doing in good times and bad

But not sure if the data from study’s from soccer are super applicable either

The mechanics of both sports are completely different with soccer having a lot more lateral movement but afl players are unique to pretty much any other sport because they have that same lateral movement but combined with a lot more jumping and aerial impacts that can effect the way players land and that specifically seems like where most of the ACL injuries in footy come from

I believe, although I could be wrong but people are also more prone to doing an ACL injury after they have had one in the past

3 of the players who we currently have would fall into that higher risk category off the top of my head (Clarke, Lefau and Naismith)

Gibcus could of also been in a higher risk category because of his hamstring injuries last year so not necessarily the fault of anyone at Richmond per sae but more factors out of the clubs control

Written and authorised by noted click bait artist Kane Cornes and no surprises that it's being taken as gospel by those who would have less idea than Cornes when it comes to knowing what is happening inside the club because it suits their negative narrative.
So tell us what's happening inside the club Mr. Positive? We are on the bottom of the ladder so yeah we can only go up now. :) :think::p . About the only positive I can identify. ;)What Cornes said was actually right based on actual facts witnessed.
What is your argument against it if you think you know any wiser?

Club should be reviewing of course as they should continuously doing in good times and bad

But not sure if the data from study’s from soccer are super applicable either

The mechanics of both sports are completely different with soccer having a lot more lateral movement but afl players are unique to pretty much any other sport because they have that same lateral movement but combined with a lot more jumping and aerial impacts that can effect the way players land and that specifically seems like where most of the ACL injuries in footy come from
Not true as this would be consistent annually with every club with similar numbers to ours. So why has it started recently and rampant in our club? We won 3 flags with the normal low numbers and then Meehan took over and all sort of soft tissue injuries escalated. I put up all the medical reports and studies on this in the injury thread months ago and S and C or lack of it is a factor in lots of sports and not only football.

Not true as this would be consistent annually with every club with similar numbers to ours. So why has it started recently and rampant in our club? We won 3 flags with the normal low numbers and then Meehan took over and all sort of soft tissue injuries escalated. I put up all the medical reports and studies on this in the injury thread months ago and S and C or lack of it is a factor in sports and not only Aussie Rules football.
I didn’t mention soft tissue injuries I was specifically talking about ACL injuries

Some rose coloured glasses re soft tissue injuries pre Meehan as well
Cotch, Prestia, Nank, Edwards I think even Riewoldt did like a 10 week injury at one stage

Or that game where Cotch and Edwards both did hammies

If you actually go back and look at the round by round injury reports during those years our soft tissue injury record wasn’t much better it’s just this year we have also copped a large amount of ACL and even breaks like Taranto

But don’t just take my word for it actually go back and have a look

I didn’t mention soft tissue injuries I was specifically talking about ACL injuries

Some rose coloured glasses re soft tissue injuries pre Meehan as well
Cotch, Prestia, Nank, Edwards I think even Riewoldt did like a 10 week injury at one stage

Or that game where Cotch and Edwards both did hammies

If you actually go back and look at the round by round injury reports during those years our soft tissue injury record wasn’t much better it’s just this year we have also copped a large amount of ACL and even breaks like Taranto

But don’t just take my word for it actually go back and have a look
It doesn't matter as ACL and other soft tissue injuries are rampant this year and last year it was the latter bc we've had our players poorly prepared and even rushed back too early. Those players did suffer these, but were all able to come back and not suffer them repeatedly as some have since Meehan took over. Prestia has missed a large percentage of his career with them, but we managed him correctly to get him back when it counted. That's the difference. When you're VFL side is down to 5-6 listed AFL players as well as a dozen top up vfl players going down questions need to be raised . This can't be bad luck bc it's two years now where they've increased rather than minimised to the norm.

It doesn't matter as ACL and other soft tissue injuries are rampant this year and last year it was the latter bc we've had our players poorly prepared and even rushed back too early. Those players did suffer these, but were all able to come back and not suffer them repeatedly as some have since Meehan took over. Prestia has missed a large percentage of his career with them, but we managed him correctly to get him back when it counted. That's the difference. When you're VFL side is down to 5-6 listed AFL players as well as a dozen top up vfl players going down questions need to be raised . This can't be bad luck bc it's two years now where they've increased rather than minimised to the norm.
Nank has also missed games every season due to soft tissue injuries but hasn’t had any this year

No point picking individual examples

Like I said before actually go back and have a look at our soft tissue injury’s in the years people are claiming that we didn’t have them

I’m also not saying this year hasn’t specifically been bad, it’s been terrible but the rose coloured glasses applied to our premiership years is absolutely insane and highlights how lazy people are in drawing their conclusions about things

Nank has also missed games every season due to soft tissue injuries but hasn’t had any this year

Like I said before actually go back and have a look at our soft tissue injury’s in the years people are claiming that we didn’t have them

I’m also not saying this year hasn’t specifically been bad, it’s been terrible but the rose coloured glasses applied to our premiership years is absolutely insane and highlights how lazy people are in drawing their conclusions about things
That is one player it's not the high numbers we've experienced. Of course in such a high strain sport you're going to get these injuries, but it's the high numbers.

Yes. From all outward appearances the fact that we don't appear to have a short list and there have been so many signals that Gale was going to leave to take the Tassie job would lead me to think we are sitting on our hands.

This is a large job and transition period and the fact that the Media don't have an idea who some of the candidates even are (beyond the initial speculation when Gale leaving was announced) is concerning.

Showing support for first year head coach who has had just about everything go wrong for him

How Dare You Greta GIF
Meanwhile Dimma is publicly giving the Suns a spray, telling the public that '[putting on] a Suns jumper [means] you have to play a certain way', telling them to 'grow the f*** up.'

What kind of a message does a coach whining to the media/public about their players not following orders send?

We have had longer term injuries to players from 2019 onwards. The difference being in those seasons, those players were able to get back onto the park and string multiple games together.

What we are appearing to have an issue with is the players are reinjuring themselves way too quickly.

We have had longer term injuries to players from 2019 onwards. The difference being in those seasons, those players were able to get back onto the park and string multiple games together.

What we are appearing to have an issue with is the players are reinjuring themselves way too quickly.
Agree with that but also could be a byproduct of our poor season win wise

Match committee could be pushing the envelope and pushing for players to return sooner and even ignoring the recommendations of the medicos when in like 2019 we had better depth to cover injuries and stronger team overall the MC could of been more inclined to give players that “extra week” so to speak

Even this year I feel our injury and player management has changed since earlier in the years with us being a lot more conservative about pushing players back

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back