Ross 5 games
Grimes 5 games
Hopper 8 games
Prestia 9 games
Graham 9 games
Taranto 11 games
Martin 11 games
Pickett 11 games

That is a list of key players and how many games they've played for the year, so how has he had enough to work with when half the best 23 have missed up to half the season so far?

This season has been shot since Gather Round as far as wins and losses is concerned and we've been in development mode since then as we've put time into the kids and given them a chance to show something. Far more experienced coaches than Yze have struggled to get results with lesser injuries to deal with and yet people consistently want to pot a first year coach who has been forced to play all but 5 players on our list.
Grimes? Fmd 😂

We might be 0-19 if he played them all

People criticising Yze not accepting the fact our list of available players as a collective is extremely poor.

The list needs a ton of work, it's not the coach when he's inherited a list with the majority of players well past their best football and then a bunch of underdeveloped, not quite ready kids.

The thing that bothers me on here when people criticise YZe especially during game day is they mention his ethnicity. I think it’s racist and has nothing to with his performance in his job. I can’t believe it’s been allowed to go on as imagine if he was indigenous people would be banned, yet it’s the same thing.
Didn’t see anything like that in the thread personally so must of missed it

If you do please report it because it’s obviously not on

Grimes? Fmd 😂

Of the list mentioned

Gibcus 2 games
Lynch 4 games
Ross 5 games
Grimes 5 games
Hopper 8 games
Prestia 9 games
Graham 9 games
Taranto 11 games
Martin 11 games
Pickett 11 games

Gibcus would help, but he’s missed two seasons and is still a kid . Not improve us result wise with our midfield.
Lynch definitely would help, but his age and injuries still questions remain whether he can ever come back fully fit
Ross possibly, but he’s slow as treacle as well.
All the rest are now either cooked or part of the Punt Rd turtle farm to save the wildlife in the Yarra project.
It’s bullshit as we have rewarded too many players for too long and paying the price. Dusty is the exception bc he deserved it as if he wasn’t given a contract back in his peak we’d still have ten flags.

Didn’t see anything like that in the thread personally so must of missed it

If you do please report it because it’s obviously not on
I’ve seen it over and over during game day and I’ve been puzzled how it’s allowed. I will in future games.

Its the way we're playing footy though, we're trash absolutely everywhere, he's supposed to be a tactical genius. Continuity, injuries sure, why has he not been able to stop teams week in week out from moving the ball with ease from defence to attack in seconds. Something stinks with his game plan, he'll be tested in just a few weeks against hawthorn who split us in two everywhere, we'll see if he's learnt anything.

I hate Kane cornes but he's 100%right, he's seemingly a cheer leader. He was on a hiding to nothing with the old guys but I'd love to see him get angry and give a spray to the team to show them who the ****s in charge

Maybe Balmey was right
As mentioned earlier we're lacking confidence and are disjointed as a team due to the constant changes to the line up. It's no wonder that teams look like they're doing easy against us, while we look like we're trying to walk through quicksand.

IMO what we see in front of the cameras is different to what happens behind closed doors in terms of the players copping it for not delivering what Yze expects. Unfortunately though he is on a bit of a hiding to nothing in that regard as well as he deals with inexperienced players who are trying to find their way

Not suggesting that if they were all playing we'd be fighting for a top 4 spot. But having some of them, if not all, out there would likely mean that we'd at least be playing a much more consistent brand of footy.
I don’t agree- we’ve seen when we have them out there we don’t.
That’s why we need to rejuvenate.

Grimes? Fmd 😂

Maybe, but for me it hasn't been about wins and losses for me this year. It's always been about having a settled side that would have allowed us to get Yzes style and game plan implemented initially and then fine tuned in the 2nd half of the season so that we could hit 2025 with some momentum. With this year being a write off, I can see next year being a similar struggle to this year especially if we cut the list as deeply as we expect.

Last edited:
I don’t agree- we’ve seen when we have them out there we don’t.
That’s why we need to rejuvenate.
When we had most of them out there we beat a red hot Sydney side, then the injuries hit and we started to suffer on field to the point where it has now become such a mess due to the consistent chopping and changing

When we had most of them out there we beat a red hot Sydney side, then the injuries hit and we started to suffer on field to the point where it has now become such a mess due to the consistent chopping and changing
It’s almost hard to believe now but when you see the r2 team on the park it’s markedly different to todays
A fit lynch and Ross even would make a significant diff but at best I think 6-7 wins which is soggy party whistle stuff

These are called outlier games and there’s an average of one a week over a full season. In 2010 we beat the Swans who finished fifth . Upsets happen and the reality is you need to weigh up a whole season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As mentioned earlier we're lacking confidence and are disjointed as a team due to the constant changes to the line up. It's no wonder that teams look like they're doing easy against us, while we look like we're trying to walk through quicksand.

IMO what we see in front of the cameras is different to what happens behind closed doors in terms of the players copping it for not delivering what Yze expects. Unfortunately though he is on a bit of a hiding to nothing in that regard as well as he deals with inexperienced players who are trying to find their way

Fair enough and you make good points and I agree with a lot of them, the fundamental issue I have is that taking injuries, continuity, new coach, all of those variables...I don't see anything positive bubbling up. Most of our players have regressed except for Rioli and Vlas, an argument for miller but hes a foot soldier.

Overall its extremely disappointing seeing the same shit dished up week after week. I never buy into coaches using excuses like "we had a poor quarter but the rest of the game we equalised the contest" that's horseshit as that's how 99% of games are won and lost. In a ten minute burst. And every oppp bar swans and crows have had plenty of those moments, I've seen nothing to suggest that Yze is a good coach.

And BTW, I think he seems like a great bloke, a nice guy who does care. But he hasn't had a good start to his coaching career even with all of the issues he's had to deal with.

How do people think a gameplan gets implemented? It’s by training it … over and over and over again. If you have half your list injured on and off, then it simply can’t get trained. The theory is great, but it’s the practical execution that’s needed.

There’s a reason why the Pies were 4-5 in McRae’s first year of 2022 before getting to a PF. Kingsley’s GWS were 3-7 before making a PF. The Blues almost sacked Voss before then getting to a PF. Sam Mitchell’s Hawks took 18-months to get quality improvement .. and so on …

I’ll give Yze until mid-2025… then if things still look as bad as they often do now the heat will come.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How do people think a gameplan gets implemented? It’s by training it … over and over and over again. If you have half your list injured on and off, then it simply can’t get trained. The theory is great, but it’s the practical execution that’s needed.

There’s a reason why the Pies were 4-5 in McRae’s first year of 2022 before getting to a PF. Kingsley’s GWS were 3-7 before making a PF. The Blues almost sacked Voss before then getting to a PF. Sam Mitchell’s Hawks took 18-months to get quality improvement .. and so on …

I’ll give Yze until mid-2025… then if things still look as bad as they often do now the heat will come.

Every player trains to the game plan I would’ve thought. That’s why Collingwood were successful under Fly’s first season to winning a flag in his second. They could bring in any player with their injuries and would fill a role needed.
What you’re confusing is having skilled and AFL quality players to come in. We just don’t have it as well as senior players not delivering as well.

If yze doesn't win more than 2 next year...he'll be gone before round 20.

If yze doesn't win more than 2 next year...he'll be gone before round 20.
Unless that’s the plan. ;)

We’re shit, enjoy the ride and let us pick the eyes out of a few drafts so we’ve got a bunch A grade talent to build around instead of a overtaxing a bunch of B and C graders.

Fair enough and you make good points and I agree with a lot of them, the fundamental issue I have is that taking injuries, continuity, new coach, all of those variables...I don't see anything positive bubbling up. Most of our players have regressed except for Rioli and Vlas, an argument for miller but hes a foot soldier.

Overall its extremely disappointing seeing the same shit dished up week after week. I never buy into coaches using excuses like "we had a poor quarter but the rest of the game we equalised the contest" that's horseshit as that's how 99% of games are won and lost. In a ten minute burst. And every oppp bar swans and crows have had plenty of those moments, I've seen nothing to suggest that Yze is a good coach.

And BTW, I think he seems like a great bloke, a nice guy who does care. But he hasn't had a good start to his coaching career even with all of the issues he's had to deal with.
A lot of the issues will come from the team not being able to play a lot of football together. You can see it in games that some players who have been able to play more games under Yze this year are starting understand parts of the game plan but when they look to give the ball off to that area of the ground, no one is there.

With what we have been able to do this year with number of changes made, some are expecting way too much. We don't have young top 5 talent that will start to show a near linear progression. At present you have to look at the improvement of players like Hugo at present and the slow burn of Banks and others.

You can say that there are no positives but until about Rd 15 we really had only played about 8 or so real shit quarters of football for the season. The effort was there. What we are seeing now is what is always going to happen to a young and inexperienced side. The shit July weather and the fact they know there is nothing to play for is what is going to have us with 1 eye on the draft and summer break.

The scary thing for Yze is if he has more access to the entire list next year and we see no cohesion or progress he will be on thin Ice going into his 3rd year. Rightly or wrongly, I would say we should stick with him until mid way through his 4th year before we pull the trigger.

A lot of the issues will come from the team not being able to play a lot of football together. You can see it in games that some players who have been able to play more games under Yze this year are starting understand parts of the game plan but when they look to give the ball off to that area of the ground, no one is there.

With what we have been able to do this year with number of changes made, some are expecting way too much. We don't have young top 5 talent that will start to show a near linear progression. At present you have to look at the improvement of players like Hugo at present and the slow burn of Banks and others.

You can say that there are no positives but until about Rd 15 we really had only played about 8 or so real shit quarters of football for the season. The effort was there. What we are seeing now is what is always going to happen to a young and inexperienced side. The shit July weather and the fact they know there is nothing to play for is what is going to have us with 1 eye on the draft and summer break.

The scary thing for Yze is if he has more access to the entire list next year and we see no cohesion or progress he will be on thin Ice going into his 3rd year. Rightly or wrongly, I would say we should stick with him until mid way through his 4th year before we pull the trigger.
I went through all our games and we’ve actually had 29 very poor quarters and I was being generous. We’ve failed to have really good quarters better than the opposing team is the real issue, but with two wins and an average score of around 60 a game isn’t going to help.
Most of what you said I do agree with, but he will not get to midway in his fourth year if things don’t improve by the end of next year. He will get to a third year , but may not see it out if the status quo continues.

Last edited:

What is the Game plan fd if I can see it.

There has been practically no consistency in terms of team selection since the early part of the season with multiple forced changes every week. Add to that players being shuffled around and not being able to settle into roles and it's little wonder we're seeing what we're seeing.

As others have mentioned, the injuries don't just impact gameday, but it also impacts training as its hard to train the game plan when half the list is in rehab or the stands watching. Eventually it gets to the point where it becomes too much at the willingness for the players to keep pushing wains.

Put a line through 2024 and look at what happens with list changes and the trade/draft and then start questioning is my advice

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back