Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

count them.

When will you all learn? I don't say shit on the fly. I have provided more proof, evidence on the things i say than most. Yet, i just get treated like im a lying prick.

He does it a lot less when the results are better - but when we have a bad loss, he clearly does it as a nervous/anxious thing.

I genuinely like Adem as a person, seems a very nice guy. Want him to succeed, but we need him to start painting a picture of where we are heading that is then backed up with performances and improvement from the kids.

I'm not even sure what im defending here anymore as i have only said i was very happy with the performance on the weekend and it was good to finally see a couple of different names in the "Best" that were younger. It's all im looking for. I can handle us losing games by 5 goals if the kids are in the best VS Rioli, Baker, Broad etc

Does he still say ‘um’ all the time? Or was it early days before he got a bit more media training? I can’t believe we are seriously debating the negative impacts of a few too many ‘umms’ … shows the level some will stoop to sink the boots into Yze.

Dimma says ‘to be fair’ all the time as well … any issues there?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Total garbage , he was at Harvard from the end of the season till just before the second preseason game , how did he design it over Skype? Or maybe Microsoft teams ?, the game plan was on leppa and the other assistants

This was discussed at length on this board, and Dustin Martin confirmed it in his brownlow interview
That was the going joke at the time. He came back at Maroochydore and was restricted to boundary line umpire for Hampson. I used to have photos, but phone died on me.

Hardwick did that sucking noise in his pressers.
Alan Richardson is the one, can't talk properly anymore since Michael VOSS smashed his jaw into smithereens back in the day when it was "no beg your pardons". poor richo always sounds like he has just polished off about 10 Schooners.

That was the going joke at the time. He came back at Maroochydore and was restricted to boundary line umpire for Hampson. I used to have photos, but phone died on me.

What, so he took a hands on approach during training, like all coaches do?

How do you know he was restrcited to it? Just because he was doing it?

What, so he took a hands on approach during training, like all coaches do?

How do you know he was restrcited to it? Just because he was doing it?
Caracella was running the show. Caracella was in the stands taking notes at training sessions whilst Dimma was umpiring.
Cmon ND it was the making of Dimma as it got him on terms with the players and to manage them better without having to do the Science behind devising a game plan. Stop trying to rewrite history

Prestia and Lynch are basically done. Ross meh. Balta and Taranto been back a while and we are still losing. Hopper the main one.

We'd certainly be more competitive if TT, Hopper and Balta hadn't been injured but not sure we win too many more.
Take the 4 best midfielders and 2 key forwards out of any side at the same time and they'd all be in the same situation. As you said if we had been able to field a side most weeks with Taranto Hopper & Balta we're more competitive and as a bonus the development of the younger players probably doesn't look as bad as it has given they'd have some leadership and consistency in terms of structure around them.

The 2nd half of 2024, which is the last 6 games, delistings/trades/free agency/drafts, CEO appointment & support staff around Yze, is going to make or break his tenure IMO. Get them right and we can move forward with some sort of certainty, make a wrong choice or 2 and it could get much worse than this year has looked.

You’ve been listening to David King for too long. Clarkson survived a Hawks rebuild. Dimma survived Richmond’s. Nicks is about to enter his 6th season. Hinkley is in 11th season ….

Rebuild coaches don’t survive if their team doesn’t show regular improvement. If Crows are crud next year Nicks will get the flick. That’ll be because Crows won’t have made finals in 6-years.

Depends on the mindset of the club at the time though. Clarkson's Hawks knew they had to strip the list and start from scratch, we were similar when Dimma took over. (Mind you the club had already just started)

My concern with our club right now is they don't think our list needs to be rebuilt. That it's better than what it is, that's a recipe for disaster.

13 i said.

In ONE minute.

Which is 2 every 10 seconds. I didn't feel the need to watch the rest just to count more, but it continues.

NOT GREAT !

If people want to say i am talking shit about him being a below average public speaker for someone doing his job & you ask me "where is your proof".... there it is! I posted that as someone else said "ive never heard him say "ummm". So unlike the rest of you, i actually proved what i said.

But alas, you guys have a beef with facts, proof & prefer sunshine, lollypops and rainbows
Goes to show no body is perfect, big deal move on. Everyone has faults.

Does he still say ‘um’ all the time? Or was it early days before he got a bit more media training? I can’t believe we are seriously debating the negative impacts of a few too many ‘umms’ … shows the level some will stoop to sink the boots into Yze.

Dimma says ‘to be fair’ all the time as well … any issues there?

It was 6-7 weeks ago.

& No, as they are words & to be fair, that is what you are meant to speak.

Instead of it constantly being on me to constantly prove things, which i then do a lot, how about you get the evidence of this guy being awesome at the things you claim. Post them here. Build your case & let me waste my time on something useful VS this constant petty, childish shit.

Livo tried to prove that his coaching is brilliant by suggesting plonking KMAC down forward was a masterstroke & that really cleared up a lot of our opinions on where he sits on opinon's worth considering. Lets see how well you fair when told to actually prove what you say for once.

All i'm doing is giving my opinion & then backing it up with as much real evidence as i can mate. You don't have to treat it as anything more than some random dude on the internet having his opinion. I'm not asking you to agree - just for a big bunch of you to stop questioning my character and opinions as being mere trolling. I really don't care if you agree with it or not.

He isn't a good public speaker. I don't think anyone here has said he was.

It doesn't make him a shit coach.

Plenty of great speakers out there who are just that, great talkers, but cannot walk the walk. I work with people who are excellent public speakers, but absolutely incompetent when it comes to actually doing their job.

It's hard to see he is a great coach either. You are free to correct me with some proof. But the results suggest, at best, that is completely inconclusive at this time.

For me, we need a coach atm that can build some spirit & positivity. Its hard to do that when you are not a good speaker or motivator.

To be honest at this point, any coach which continues to go with Balta down forward again and again is going to make me question how good they are at coaching.

And i will also say - a lot more to being a good coach than just "the coaching". What you are saying is very true to a good assistant coach, but as a head coach, you need to be a full package.

At this stage Adem has not really shown he is ready to take that step up to being more than a assistant. Again, happy to let him continue to work on getting there - but as of RIGHT NOW based on the results and real tangibles of what we have seen, he is behind the 8-ball

Goes to show no body is perfect, big deal move on. Everyone has faults.
maybe you should just move on from me having a opinion? The only reason i keep posting about it is because others keep attacking me about it & asking me to prove it. I am literally replying to other people generally crapping on me as a person for having an opinion.

Depends on the mindset of the club at the time though. Clarkson's Hawks knew they had to strip the list and start from scratch, we were similar when Dimma took over. (Mind you the club had already just started)

My concern with our club right now is they don't think our list needs to be rebuilt. That it's better than what it is, that's a recipe for disaster.
It’s called overrating your list. Agree it’s a coach killing exercise and a longer rebuild time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaches and higher-ups can't say it's a rebuild as it affects player retention, contracts and memberships.

sigh..... lets have 1 more go at offering a solution

The best thing Adem, or at least SOMEONE (wink wink Benny) at the Club could do is come out and just openly speak about where we are at.

"After the most successful period in the clubs history, we need to be prepared for a time of re-adjustment as we replenish not just the list, but several different area's of the club. After the glory of the 2020 flag & the disasterous 2nd half of 2021 we really thought that we could possible get the team up for "One Last Dance" as Dimma put it. That was re-enforced from what we felt was a very competitive year in 2022, where we believed we were a "decision or 2" away in the EF to getting back to the G & who knows what happens from there.

Unfortunately as many Richmond people know from years past, fairytales like this can often not work out the way you planned or wanted.

But we are a strong, proud club who has faced adversity before & as before, we will rebuild, regroup and be back. As a club, we have made some errors. As a club, we have been disappointed with & caught off-guard at certain times with some unexpected exits - some of which were out of our control, others perhaps we could have controlled better. Some were completely unavoidable as footy is a tough game and can be very unforgiving on not just your body, but your heart & mind. Watching the Cats in 2022 hold up that Cup with Selwood, Hawkins, Dangerfield is what we dreamed for our boys. Sometimes the war is a battle of attrition. Footy can be a tough game.

But we ask our members to stick with us & come along for the ride, once again. We have seen a series of generational greats depart over the past few years. Trent, Jack, Shane, Bachar, Kane, David & at years end we will likely see 1 or 2 more, sadly join them. But for those of us that have been here a long long time, we also remember that these greats first came here as young men. For years Shane Edwards was known as Titch, due to his lack of size & strength, before he became Shane Edwards, the 3 times Premiership hero. Trent himself had a period where he doubted himself as a leader, before becoming the greatest captain this club has ever had. Jack was once ridiculed as a selfish forward who only played for himself, before he become a Brandon Flowers impersonator. And as we all know, for a short time their Dimma floated the idea of trading Alex, before he became known as one of the greatest backmen to play the game. And we all can recall the path required to be walked, before Dustin became the most successful finals player, & Tiger, in AFL history. We are sure that with enough time and new blood coming through the club, we can emulate that success, but as it did last time - it will take time"

What we desperately need at the moment is some honesty & a declaration that an era has ended to allow a new one to genuinely start. Until we do, we are just in suspended animation, achieving nothing.

Personally, i don't think this is Adems job. This is what Benny should be doing. It's not Adems job to sign off on a great era to allow a new one to be introduced. With Benny half way out the door, this is a no brainer & I am stunned he has not done it yet tbh.

Last edited:
Coaches and higher-ups can't say it's a rebuild as it affects player retention, contracts and memberships.
rubbish

Did the Eagles see their older players leave? A lot of those guys only won 1 flag. Ours won bloody 3.

If our older blokes are not going to stay for a rebuild after the success the club built for them, then that is "shame on them".

Thats the part of all this shit that sucks. Richo was a Tiger for years and a better one than all the schleps left atm outside Dusty - he didn't quit when the going got tough - he re-invented himself as a wing and helped the young guys be Tigers for life. He taught the likes of Cotchin & co what being a Tiger means. This current crop need to get off their ego's and realise - you do not quit when the chips are down, you prove the man you are.

Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF by ABC Network

Caracella was running the show. Caracella was in the stands taking notes at training sessions whilst Dimma was umpiring.
Cmon ND it was the making of Dimma as it got him on terms with the players and to manage them better without having to do the Science behind devising a game plan. Stop trying to rewrite history
I agree it was the assistants more than Dimma but I think they stumbled onto it during the year. Griffen went down at about this time in the season maybe a bit later for the second time with concussion and never played again.
It was the only way we could use what we had to score with having a stupid amount of H/B flankers.
It was only when we had one player over 6”3 in Jack playing fwd that they started doing it and playing Grigg in the Ruck because we had no-one else.
I agree it was Caracella who setup the crazy fwd transition pressure game but it was also Leppa setting up the def and encouraging players to give away free kicks wide in the corridor before they could hit the go button so we could setup and intercept.
We had about 8 guys who had unusual speed and speed endurance and the oppo didn’t have players to go with us.
But I really think it was only when we had no CHF in Griffen and started playing Grigg in the Ruck with about 5 games left in the H/A that that style really took off.
The Oppo had to many tall slow def and couldn’t deal with all our small fwds playing really high and flying thru back to goal.

But I agree it wasn’t a Hardwick strategy we had been building to, it was something that they discovered worked with what we already had.

I agree it was the assistants more than Dimma but I think they stumbled onto it during the year. Griffen went down at about this time in the season maybe a bit later for the second time with concussion and never played again.
It was the only way we could use what we had to score with having a stupid amount of H/B flankers.
It was only when we had one player over 6”3 in Jack playing fwd that they started doing it and playing Grigg in the Ruck because we had no-one else.
I agree it was Caracella who setup the crazy fwd transition pressure game but it was also Leppa setting up the def and encouraging players to give away free kicks wide in the corridor before they could hit the go button so we could setup and intercept.
We had about 8 guys who had unusual speed and speed endurance and the oppo didn’t have players to go with us.
But I really think it was only when we had no CHF in Griffen and started playing Grigg in the Ruck with about 5 games left in the H/A that that style really took off.
The Oppo had to many tall slow def and couldn’t deal with all our small fwds playing really high and flying thru back to goal.

But I agree it wasn’t a Hardwick strategy we had been building to, it was something that they discovered worked with what we already had.

Interesting.
Ben Griffiths went down in round 2, for the last time. Assume that’s who you mean.
Yes, they created a system to revolve around the attributes of the players at hand. Castagna, Butler and Rioli pushing up the ground then charging back (not new). One ruck with Grigg as back up is true also.
A number of ideas developed by the match committee over the year (and years prior).
It’s funny that a narrative keeps popping up that it wasn’t Hardwick. Like who would know?

Caracella obviously played a massive part in it and I have no doubt Dimma was made to delegate some of his duties, but to claim he was basically demoted to a trainer role with zero power or say is rewriting history.

Caracella obviously played a massive part in it and I have no doubt Dimma was made to delegate some of his duties, but to claim he was basically demoted to a trainer role with zero power or say is rewriting history.
I also said Dimma was doing more a player manager role as his primary role.

count them.

When will you all learn? I don't say shit on the fly. I have provided more proof, evidence on the things i say than most. Yet, i just get treated like im a lying prick.

He does it a lot less when the results are better - but when we have a bad loss, he clearly does it as a nervous/anxious thing.

I genuinely like Adem as a person, seems a very nice guy. Want him to succeed, but we need him to start painting a picture of where we are heading that is then backed up with performances and improvement from the kids.

I'm not even sure what im defending here anymore as i have only said i was very happy with the performance on the weekend and it was good to finally see a couple of different names in the "Best" that were younger. It's all im looking for. I can handle us losing games by 5 goals if the kids are in the best VS Rioli, Baker, Broad etc

who cares if he says umm a lot. It could be an uncontrollable nervous tick. Who knows. Im sure theres things you do that you aren't aware of. WHO CARES!

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back