Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Many of those players were carried to premierships by our greats. Any player that wants to leave can go.
Very true. Cotch, Edwards, prime Grimes and Jack R were a massive part of our premiership. I was expecting baker to step up as a leader once cotch and Jack retired but hasn't happened.

So basically since 2020, Dusty has had a hot "back 9" in 2023 & othewise been injured, unmotivated or unseen the remainder of the time

Yep, except 2021 when he was the 7th highest rated player in the AFL based on average performance.

And given he was the second highest rated general forward in the game in 2023, what are we left with?

2022, when he missed pre-season, got injured, and played about 9 games total with an impossible preparation.

2024 when he has been severely restricted and has only been played to get him to 300 games on schedule and because there were about 18 other players missing through injury at different times.

So your "basically since 2020" line it absolute 100% bullshit.

Things I want Yze to get sorted between now and the end of the season.

1. Get answers from Martin Baker Daniel & Bolton about their futures. Are they fully committed to Yzes plan or not. If not then send them on their way. If they are leaving it doesn't need to be announced publicly until after the season ends, but it would be great to have clarity around list management decisions early rather than being caught off guard with a request being made in trade week.

2. Have honest conversations with the likes of Grimes Prestia Pickett McIntosh Graham Broad about the likelihood that they'll be playing VFL next year if they remain with the club.

3. Decide on where he wants Balta to play moving forward and stick to it rather than the constant changes. If it's down back, then leave him there and take the lumps that come with not having a forward line for the remainder of the year. At least then it also give Toce and Hartley clear understanding of list needs for the trade/free agency and draft periods. As a bonus it would be great to get him re-signed early on to remove the speculation that will run rampant through next year.

4. Make calls on the remaining uncontracted players for 2024. Give them clarity on whether they'll be kept on or not. There are also some hard decisions that will need to be made and some players who some supporters would be happy to keep could very well be moved on.

5. Along with Balta there are a few others who need to be settled into positions rather than being shifted around. I understand that some of the moves have been due to players carrying niggles, but we need to be building consistency with the line up and while there is only 4 games left there is plenty to be gained by getting the line up settled again to give the list management team clarity about what type of players we need to target during the off season.

I have no doubt that a lot of these things are already happening, and as I said ideally all of these things have been sorted by time the last game is played so that we can move forward with a clear plan in place.
This, but put “ask the club to do a strength & conditioning + medical staff overhaul” as number 1.

This is even more important that Dusty, Bolton etc. staying or going.

If we continue persisting with our current fitness staff, then I worry that he’ll never have a stable list to coach.

84e1d82ed5f30bb18d39880c6874842f.jpg

I posted in the autopsy last week that I’d love to see how many Rebound 50 goals we concede and coincidentally 7AFL have provided it.

Something that needs to be addressed as we let the oppo walk the length of the ground multiple times each week.
I agree, something needs to be done.

There's a reason why we're dead last in marking differential this season. We average -23.5 marks compared to our opponents this season. Only Gold Coast in 2015 averages worse in the last 10 years.

Our opponents dominate in the air so much that it's just a chain of uncontested and contested marks from possession in defensive 50 until the ball reaches inside 50. The Collingwood game was a little different where they didn't need as many marks to score. After all, about a quarter of their marks came inside their 50. But it's a huge issue.

We struggle to impede stationary marking contests AND struggle to chase the ball carriers through the midfield. I don't know, we just need so much in our side that I sometimes wonder how long this rebuild will take

Are the rumours of players wanting to or being open leaving a sign that they don't really rate Yze?

I reckon this would be a high percentage of their reason why they want out among other things

Club just gives off the vibe that there’s a big pile of shit on the floor and no wants to be accountable and clean it up so they just leave

Last edited:

I posted in the autopsy last week that I’d love to see how many Rebound 50 goals we concede and coincidentally 7AFL have provided it.

Something that needs to be addressed as we let the oppo walk the length of the ground multiple times each week.
They read big footy, I said something about Dusty and Part time and the next night Wankley called him a part time footballer

I reckon this would be a high percentage of their reason why they want out among other things

Club just gives off the vibe that there’s a big pile of shit on the floor and no wants to be accountable and clean it up so they just leave
If only we had a CEO responsible for the RFC

Is knights the assistant we are getting?

What a miserable few years that role was. Brought in to get a more positive game plan/ball movement going and was immediately hit with about 20 injuries which required the addition of top ups to field a team.

Disastrous timing, and, missed a premiership at Geelong.

Definitely an issue but not a coincidence that the two best teams play their home games on small shit hole ovals. We also have made more changers to a team than any other side which also factors into why we are so poor.

Many of those players were carried to premierships by our greats. Any player that wants to leave can go.

Hate this line of thinking. Yeah we had some absolute championing players during our dynasty but we had a champion team as well. We found the right balance and thats what made us so good, GWS had more talented players on the whole and yet so far have nothing to show for it.

I’d suggest the high percentage reason is that they have little interest in enduring a couple of years like this one when there’s far more appealing options in front of them , further to that it may well be in our interests to encourage those options

Something certainly feels off. And I’m not a doomsdayer. Nor do I want it to be so. I want Adem to succeed, but I don’t feel what he’s tried to create has come into affect just yet. There is self learning and lessons being had is the silver lining in all of this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something certainly feels off. And I’m not a doomsdayer. Nor do I want it to be so. I want Adem to succeed, but I don’t feel what he’s tried to create has come into affect just yet. There is self learning and lessons being had is the silver lining in all of this.
Yeah unfortunately there’s an awful lot of smoke appearing with multiple different journalists , something feels off

From another forum

"Got a bit of mail today that the players aren’t exactly loving him. But I’m happy to let him sit for a few years while we hit the draft."

My gut feel to we got a few bad apples in the senior group not on the same page . Club and Yze need to make it clear if your not on the same page see ya later simple as that no one's bigger then the club. Our senior group lucky you can count on one hand how many performed this season.

From another forum

"Got a bit of mail today that the players aren’t exactly loving him. But I’m happy to let him sit for a few years while we hit the draft."

My gut feel to we got a few bad apples in the senior group not on the same page . Club and Yze need to make it clear if your not on the same page see ya later simple as that no one's bigger then the club. Our senior group lucky you can count on one hand how many performed this season.
Any senior players that believe this should be gone. Wouldn’t worry too much about it really.

Its starting to look like Yze didn't win over the Premiership players, now they see ther future is bleak so they are opting out rather than pass on the culture and develop the next generation.

The joint stinks there is no accountability everyones jumping ship.

Started with Dimwick walking out the way he did.

Its starting to look like Yze didn't win over the Premiership players, now they see ther future is bleak so they are opting out rather than pass on the culture and develop the next generation.

The joint stinks there is no accountability everyones jumping ship.

Started with Dimwick walking out the way he did.
The removing of the flag photos wouldn’t have gone down well with everyone. He should’ve concentrated on coaching rather than being interior designer or museum coordinator. It wasn’t needed as it could have only backfired and held nothing to be gained from it.

The removing of the flag photos wouldn’t have gone down well with everyone. He should’ve concentrated on coaching rather than being interior designer or museum coordinator. It wasn’t needed as it could have only backfired and held nothing to be gained from it.
Already been discussed, players and the leadership group agreed to it. It’s not like they are no longer at the club. Are you an employee of the club, how do you know it was not needed unless you work there 😊👍

That's a lousy exuse if true mate as it's a new era and regime. There still hanging up , but in a different room.

So you have to be an interior designer or musuem coordinator to make the decision to move a photo?

I'll be sure to keep that in mind if I ever want to take a photo off my wall, do you know of any good ones I can hire?

Already been discussed, players and the leadership group agreed to it. It’s not like they are no longer at the club. Are you an employee of the club, how do you know it was not needed unless you work there 😊👍
Yeah, but it’s obvious there’s been some player revolt. Not buying into the bullshit.

So you have to be an interior designer or musuem coordinator to make the decision to move a photo?

I'll be sure to keep that in mind if I ever want to take a photo off my wall, do you know of any good ones I can hire?
He’s the coach and that’s his job not to move our history into dungeons. 😂

Yeah, but it’s obvious there’s been some player revolt. Not buying into the bullshit.
As I said any players that don’t want to be at Richmond cya later. Premiership photo getting relocated has little to do with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back