Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Rioli Bolton and Baker walking out at 25-27 years old is an unmitigated disaster

Dimma kept Rance dusty and Cotch through 2014-2016, it’s about selling a vision and team identity.

Yze has just handed us decades in the wilderness, IMO

That bloody camel
In 2016 26 year old Ty Vickery and 29 year old Brett Deledio walked out in part because they didn't believe in the vision and direction that the club was headed. 12 months later we were premiers. Not saying the say thing will happen this time around but moving on those who are not fully committed isn't going to hurt us either. With the haul that we'll get in return we'll be able to build the foundation for the next era of success.

In 2016 26 year old Ty Vickery and 29 year old Brett Deledio walked out in part because they didn't believe in the vision and direction that the club was headed. 12 months later we were premiers. Not saying the say thing will happen this time around but moving on those who are not fully committed isn't going to hurt us either. With the haul that we'll get in return we'll be able to build the foundation for the next era of success.
Flag guaranteed

Sport Party GIF by UFC

In 17 we already had established stars and just ended up fixing the puzzle this time around we will basically start with nothing but just promises and hope some will come good. It's going to take longer than the 5 years people are predicting will take. The whole club is in development not just the playing group.

In 17 we already had established stars and just ended up fixing the puzzle this time around we will basically start with nothing but just promises and hope some will come good. It's going to take longer than the 5 years people are predicting will take. The whole club is in development not just the playing group.
The point is players leaving doesn't necessarily mean things go badly. If the 3-4 leaving are replaced in the 23 by players committed to the vision Yze and which then means better execution of the game plan due to everyone being on the same page, then that's a good thing.

Rioli Bolton and Baker walking out at 25-27 years old is an unmitigated disaster

Dimma kept Rance dusty and Cotch through 2014-2016, it’s about selling a vision and team identity.

Yze has just handed us decades in the wilderness, IMO

That bloody camel
Rioli didn't miss a game, Bolton missed 1. Baker a few. Easy to cover a small defender and 2 small fwds.
Not having Lynch or decent replacement for Jack R. Grimes and Dusty, in particular, not playing great football affected the teams performance.

It delivered the spoon, and any player wants out, under contract, getting a couple of 1st round draft picks accelerates a rebuild.

Rioli didn't miss a game, Bolton missed 1. Baker a few. Easy to cover a small defender and 2 small fwds.
Not having Lynch or decent replacement for Jack R. Grimes and Dusty, in particular, not playing great football affected the teams performance.

It delivered the spoon, and any player wants out, under contract, getting a couple of 1st round draft picks accelerates a rebuild.
Gawd, we are going to be crap next year, probably at next level crap, 100p thrashing weekly crap, with all those guys gone.

Gawd, we are going to be crap next year, probably at next level crap, 100p thrashing weekly crap, with all those guys gone.
No Baker, Graham, Bolton up forward. MRJ, Mansell Green, and a drafted kid.
Rioli has had a great year. Replace him with Smith or Hugo for the sprints. Short still there.
Hopper, Taranto, Prestia and 4th mid are getting good clearance numbers but...
IF Lynch gets on the park, Bauer steps up up a little, and Lefau/Kosi/Ryan/Gibcus can be 3rd tall option. Get 4 goals out the KPFs,
THEN
60 fwd entries going to produce more than 10 goals and we start winning games

Last edited:
We’re gonna cop some hidings to be sure, but, if we can reverse this injury situation, get some outside pace around the pill, i think we can win 4-5 games next year.
Personally i want Balta back with Miller and we trial Gibcus as a forward with Baeur to support Lynch (Lefoe is out till mid year with a knee).
Small forwards of MRJ, Mansell, Campbell, Brown, Steely will be pretty nippy.
The midfield is a massive concern. We gotta get some pace in there to support Hopper and Taranto. It can’t be Dion in there.
And we don’t know what players we are gonna trade in to replace what we have lost. The defensive 6 will still be rock solid.
Just how i see it.

Buckle up I reckon.

I don’t think the priority for next season is to aim for a 12-14th finish.
That’s right but somehow people will continue to blame the coach. Cant have it both ways you want a rebuild then we have to stick with it and the coaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s right but somehow people will continue to blame the coach. Cant have it both ways you want a rebuild then we have to stick with it and the coaches.
I do want to see some stronger language about him getting what he wants from the group or them reacting in the quarter and shifting things and also senior players playing in the VFL.
I get it his priority was building relationships and all that…but to me it did seem at odds or a bit wishy washy making a strong decision with moving memorabilia from the main meeting room and then tip toeing around how crap we played not wanting to say anything critical speaking in vague terms about how he was happy with efforts…they get payed 100’s of thousands of dollars the expectations need to be a little higher than using all your energy.
We want players who want to play in a better football team than some of the dross we served up and him continually sending a message out “I’m glad you tried” IMO doesn’t build anything.

There’s a Dennis Pagan quote..goes something like
An Elite enviroment doesn’t build strong character, it gets rid of the weaker ones.

Yze deserves more time but I got no idea what he stands for or how he wants to play his team.
Zero

There’s just no target up forward. Lynch is a tragedy.
Not sure the smalls create too many opportunities either
Watson and ginnivan would have 8+ shots at goal a week
Seth mansell and miscellaneous 1-2
Our F50 is the worst in Richmond’s history that’s not me saying that , it’s the record books sadly

I do want to see some stronger language about him getting what he wants from the group or them reacting in the quarter and shifting things and also senior players playing in the VFL.
I get it his priority was building relationships and all that…but to me it did seem at odds or a bit wishy washy making a strong decision with moving memorabilia from the main meeting room and then tip toeing around how crap we played not wanting to say anything critical speaking in vague terms about how he was happy with efforts…they get payed 100’s of thousands of dollars the expectations need to be a little higher than using all your energy.
We want players who want to play in a better football team than some of the dross we served up and him continually sending a message out “I’m glad you tried” IMO doesn’t build anything.

There’s a Dennis Pagan quote..goes something like
An Elite enviroment doesn’t build strong character, it gets rid of the weaker ones.

Yze deserves more time but I got no idea what he stands for or how he wants to play his team.
Zero
This

There is a reason why our A-grade mid-age players have requested trades en masse

It is what it is at this stage, I guess, what’s done is done, just pray by some miracle we nail this draft.

We’re gonna cop some hidings to be sure, but, if we can reverse this injury situation, get some outside pace around the pill, i think we can win 4-5 games next year.
Personally i want Balta back with Miller and we trial Gibcus as a forward with Baeur to support Lynch (Lefoe is out till mid year with a knee).
Small forwards of MRJ, Mansell, Campbell, Brown, Steely will be pretty nippy.
The midfield is a massive concern. We gotta get some pace in there to support Hopper and Taranto. It can’t be Dion in there.
And we don’t know what players we are gonna trade in to replace what we have lost. The defensive 6 will still be rock solid.
Just how i see it.
Agree with everything here. In our 21 losses, only 4 were by more than 60 points. Every week we fronted up and never dropped our heads. Our defence was constantly under the pump and all things considered I thought was easily the best part of our game. And in the draft if were aiming for say 6 players, reckon we need to find 4 midfielders with pace and kicking skills and 2 key forwards.

And in the draft if were aiming for say 6 players, reckon we need to find 4 midfielders with pace and kicking skills and 2 key forwards.
A talented ruckman wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Are we still allowed to say ruckman these days?

The point is players leaving doesn't necessarily mean things go badly. If the 3-4 leaving are replaced in the 23 by players committed to the vision Yze and which then means better execution of the game plan due to everyone being on the same page, then that's a good thing.
Perhaps but do you think our draft picks will be as good as Bolton Baker and rioli? We just don't know. We didn't loose anyone in 17 that's the point

Perhaps but do you think our draft picks will be as good as Bolton Baker and rioli? We just don't know. We didn't loose anyone in 17 that's the point
We are still bottoming out mate and around 2004 levels. Anyone thinking this is going to be quick have rocks in their heads.it will be however quicker than 2004 if we pick four to five guns this draft unlike 2004. That stuffed us for two seasons. Sadly the TT and Hopper trades did the same in reality, but we are in better position now as we have a few gold nuggets to sell for picks.
We will start to see the fruit of our rebuild in the 27 season if drafts are nailed.

Last edited:
You're right we don't know how good they'll be, that's part of the excitement that next year brings. Seeing which draftees can take their chance and seeing which fringe players can step into the void left by the departures.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back