Welcome to the Bulldogs Joel Freijah

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with the many we found a player here at bargain price at that . I seen him live now a few times and I would say his composure with ball in hand for a young first year player is what make me believe he has massive future upside just a question of what position he eventually settles in .
He just stands out for the right reason so far. Credit to him and the recruiting team.

Has size and athleticism in the modern game, plus doesn't lost out there in terms of structure or pace of the game. Still only 18 and will be for the majority of the season.

Even if he doesn't kick on as a game-breaker, the athleticism and the ability to cover the ground/do all the sensible stuff in terms of structure and pace of the game will mean he will always at least be a role player and have a place in the team. I suppose that's all you can ask for a late draft pick - even if we think there's a reasonable chance that there's more.

Credit to all involved - certainly a surprise and bonus.

Just a couple of statistical observations

1717470788092.png
1717470886032.png
1717470993268.png
1717471117826.png
1717471257339.png
1717471363262.png

After 4 games as a general defender, 3 against quality opposition and also Richmond, he is statistically above the AFL average in his position across 6 catagories and elite in 1.

To be either above average or elite in score involvements and inside 50s already is encouraging to say the least and confirms, somewhat, a feeling that he gives.

Decision making and execution are requisite components of those 2 stats combined. He's a guy in whose hands we are going to want the ball more and more. A vital link.

Just a couple of statistical observations

View attachment 2010278
View attachment 2010279
View attachment 2010280
View attachment 2010303
View attachment 2010305
View attachment 2010308

After 4 games as a general defender, 3 against quality opposition and also Richmond, he is statistically above the AFL average in his position across 6 catagories and elite in 1.

To be either above average or elite in score involvements and inside 50s already is encouraging to say the least and confirms, somewhat, a feeling that he gives.

Decision making and execution are requisite components of those 2 stats combined. He's a guy in whose hands we are going to want the ball more and more. A vital link.

Thx for sharing.

Looking fwd to seeing him develop & soon to be on the end of more hand balls like Dale.

In fairness, Freijah's been used as a bit of an outside utility, playing on the wing and even the forward line across the four games. Take the stats for what they are, but some of them (e.g. inside 50s, score involvements) when compared to other defenders is a bit misleading.

In fairness, Freijah's been used as a bit of an outside utility, playing on the wing and even the forward line across the four games. Take the stats for what they are, but some of them (e.g. inside 50s, score involvements) when compared to other defenders is a bit misleading.
I like my story better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back