Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess you only have to go back to the Sicily tackle on McCluggage last year (copped 3 weeks) and even though though the tackles look different they both slung players to the ground with their head hitting it. McCluggage got knocked out whereas Stocker pretty much got up and played out the game but the AFL were likely to rule with the ability to injurer.

These kind of injuries are the AFL's fault and it all stems from them not calling holding the ball anymore or like it's supposed to / used to be. Players being tackled are not afraid to hold the ball as long as they want now because if disguised correctly the umpires don't call holding the ball. I'd love to see the statistics from 20 years ago to see if players were getting KO'd as frequently from sling tackles to when they actually used call holding the ball as they should. I'm not saying players should sling players heads into the ground but every now and then accidents like this will continue to happen because the players making tackles are trying to manoeuvre a player from off loading the ball. I'm not sure what their meant to do and they're pretty much defenceless these days.

Our legal team seem to be less competent than others is really what he is saying here.
our legal team has seemed to struggle in the past but im really surprised the broader supporter base watched this and thinks he has any chance of getting off. every similar tackle over the past 2 years has been met with a suspension, don't see how this is any different.

There’s no such thing as “our legal team”. Someone from the same small group of barristers turns up to the tribunal week in week out representing whatever club has a player in the firing line on any given occasion

There’s no such thing as “our legal team”. Someone from the same small group of barristers turns up to the tribunal week in week out representing whatever club has a player in the firing line on any given occasion
Not entirely true. "Our Legal team" exists but it's just Nick Holland but he's doing real legal work not debating whether players broke the rules of a game of sports ball.

"our legal team" needs to work on our contracts with providers, employees and sponsors. Our conduct as a club specifically the allegations of former players against former staff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back