Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally, I was not wanting the Hawks to trade for Ginni. I wanted another multi option that did not happen.
He is a shoulder shrugger / and a compulsive arm lifter… of that there is no doubt. This stuff, I do not like… and aparently umpires and the AFL do not like either.

But I have been greatly impressed with the way Ginni does not complain. He just gets on with it.

He has had multiple high tackles that have not been called … which if he was not also rising his arms looking for the high hit… he would have gotten anyway. He needs to stop the arm raise and try the leg drive…

Ginni needs to learn from Moore….the idea of driving through a pack.

His skills are sublime. In afl he is slow and he knows it. But Breust has never been fast.
IQ is his power.

I am now a convert to Ginni

Personally, I was not wanting the Hawks to trade for Ginni. I wanted another multi option that did not happen.
He is a shoulder shrugger / and a compulsive arm lifter… of that there is no doubt. This stuff, I do not like… and aparently umpires and the AFL do not like either.

But I have been greatly impressed with the way Ginni does not complain. He just gets on with it.

He has had multiple high tackles that have not been called … which if he was not also rising his arms looking for the high hit… he would have gotten anyway. He needs to stop the arm raise and try the leg drive…

Ginni needs to learn from Moore….the idea of driving through a pack.

His skills are sublime. In afl he is slow and he knows it. But Breust has never been fast.
IQ is his power.

I am now a convert to Ginni

I read that post like it was a new Tool song

For someone with supposed elite skills he butchers it a lot. Kicking at 46.5% vs Moore at 70.7%. Career average of 55% by foot.

Just watching the Doggies replay against us and Ginni pulls off an absolutely identical classic Breust in the third quarter. Works opponent under ball, runs onto it and darts off on another angle then delivers it to Hardwick. A nice little trick to be taught.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back