Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to laugh.
The people who whinge about Jack not getting frees would have also complained about Selwood getting all those frees.
I hope you're trying to be funny. If so, great joke, almost went over my head. If not:

1713582436535.png

Imagine how many more he’d get if he was umpired the same as everyone else.
There was a free kick paid to Curtis today which Jack has missed out on receiving so many times this season. It is just amazingly bad.

Heart and soul player, after watching more of him I find him a pretty smart footballer, is working really hard for the team. He gets a little bit stronger and those half chances and (frees when the umpires get theirs heads out of wherever they are) will start coming off.

Midfield firing is critical tho otherwise Jack isn’t going to impact enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wondering if this is why he get no free kicks....
Halloween Ghost GIF by CBS

Honestly it's verging on being corrupt.

A high tackle is a high tackle, how can it depend on who is getting tackled?

100% this.

I will continue to make the argument that the onness should be on the tackler to make a legal tackle, not on the man playing/with the ball to place their body in a way that makes it easy for them to be tackled.

Jack is showing a lot of maturity for a very young man. I would be livid if this was happening to me. He just gets up and gets to the next contest and uses it to fuel his play. Very different to someone like Sicily at the same age who was a lot more petulant.

I’m hoping that this tough period with the umps will stand him in good stead to ride the ups and downs over a very long career.

Absolutely wrapped to have Ginnivan - he might just be going to another level naturally but it's as if playing for his childhood club was something he always wanted (moreso than a lot of players who just get into it at their new club) and now that he's here he is going to bust his arse for the guernsey. Exudes the right attitude that's for sure. Love watching him go about it.

He has exceeded my expectations. Seemed like a bit of a show pony playing for Collingwood. With us there is still a trace of that but the work rate and pressure is great. A bit of Frostball from him on Sunday. Hope he gets a hold of that faster than its inventor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back