Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Was interesting earlier in the week, Sam Mitchell really backed the guy in after the podcast where Ginnivan wasn't feeling the love from the Pies. Sam read the room perfectly and played his cards effectively.

Must say, he was excellent on talking footy last night, appears well grounded and accepts everything that comes with AFL footy.

Pre-flight video from the airport went up on socials recently and Ginni was by himself reading The Resilience Project.

I wish more people his age would do the same, if I'm honest.

Pre-flight video from the airport went up on socials recently and Ginni was by himself reading The Resilience Project.

I wish more people his age would do the same, if I'm honest.
Will give it a read...

A book I enjoyed recently was "I am surrounded by Idiots"

Where do we start the campaign for Ginni to be umpired fairly? If the club won’t do it we should take it upon ourselves as fans to make some noise. ******* ridiculous that he is consistently and blatantly umpired differently to everyone else.

Is there another player in the league that can be manhandled more than Ginnivan winthout a free kick. Don’t worry about high contact, I am talking physical hits.

Punching bag. It is sad to see and infuriating when an opposition player moments later gets a free kick for the slightest touch.

Is there another player in the league that can be manhandled more than Ginnivan winthout a free kick. Don’t worry about high contact, I am talking physical hits.

Punching bag. It is sad to see and infuriating when an opposition player moments later gets a free kick for the slightest touch.
Sicily, or (until recently) Toby Greene?

He gets umpired unfairly, but he needs to stop trying to draw the contact. At least twice I saw last night he did it again. He isn’t going to get it so stop trying.

I’ve been really impressed with him to start the year. I also agree we need a sit down with someone at the AFL to say this can’t go on. But Sam also needs to sit him down and say just focus on playing footy, he can’t control the umpires but he can control how he goes about his own game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He gets umpired unfairly, but he needs to stop trying to draw the contact. At least twice I saw last night he did it again. He isn’t going to get it so stop trying.

I’ve been really impressed with him to start the year. I also agree we need a sit down with someone at the AFL to say this can’t go on. But Sam also needs to sit him down and say just focus on playing footy, he can’t control the umpires but he can control how he goes about his own game.
Can you explain to me how he should avoid getting smacked in the back of the head when looking the other way

Can you explain to me how he should avoid getting smacked in the back of the head when looking the other way
He also doesn’t get rewarded for his tackling. Two great tackles in the Geelong game against Close and Tom Stewart which are holding the ball everyday of the week were not called. And yet other way more dubious holding the ball decisions are being made this year. It is becoming a real problem for us and a farce for the game

dont give the other player a shove himself when they were already on the ground. While I know heaps of players do it, it isn't useful (as in I can't see how it helps the team) and it could condition the umpire to see the next shove as "meh, retailiation, s**t happens"

Lost for wordsdont give the other player a shove himself when they were already on the ground. While I know heaps of players do it, it isn't useful (as in I can't see how it helps the team) and it could condition the umpire to see the next shove as "meh, retailiation, s**t happens"
They don’t umpire any players differently
The WeFL said so

They don’t umpire any players differently
The WeFL said so
i'm talking more the immediate thinking (as in the reaction from Mac Andrew gets seen as meh retailiation) which I am more comfortable with (eg mcgrath got what he deserved for being a dick to sicily in round 1 that sort of thing)

I didn’t say that, but he still clearly goes hunting head high contact multiple times a game. The umpire treatment is not fair, but he isn’t doing himself any favours.

dont give the other player a shove himself when they were already on the ground. While I know heaps of players do it, it isn't useful (as in I can't see how it helps the team) and it could condition the umpire to see the next shove as "meh, retailiation, s**t happens"
For years the retaliating player is the one that has been penalised, we’ve seen it in our own team over and over again. I don’t care if he pushed Andrew while he was on the ground, Jack was shouldered in the centre of his back while he wasn’t ready for it. Any other player gets a free kick for that. This year alone Jack has been knocked over out of the play, tackled high, infringed in contests, legged and caught players holding the ball for what? 2 free kicks? It’s a load of s**t and costing Jack and the club potential scoring opportunities and WILL cost us games. He is not being protected in any way shape or form and the opposition know they can do what ever they want. The league is putting Jack in a dangerous position especially considering how protected the players are meant to be above the shoulders.

I didn’t say that, but he still clearly goes hunting head high contact multiple times a game. The umpire treatment is not fair, but he isn’t doing himself any favours.
So does Moore, so does Papley, so does Daicos etc etc. only difference is they get them paid.

So does Moore, so does Papley, so does Daicos etc etc. only difference is they get them paid.
Ginni is one of the worst for it, no need to pretend it isn’t the case just because he is a Hawk. I love him, he does a lot of good but if they aren’t getting paid stop ducking and change your game.

That hit from Andrews was bullshit.

That is a free kick every day but the ump signalled that he ‘flopped’
It shows just how clueless and biased the umpire was. How can you flop when you don’t know the contact is coming? Needs an explanation from the AFL. The punish everything that is supposedly not a good look for the game and then let this happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back