Toast Welcome to West Coast pick 31 - Malcolm Karpany

Remove this Banner Ad

If he is quick and has good disposal playing on the flanks shouldn't be an issue. It is up to the guys on the inside to get the ball out to him.

Lets forget Darling/Hurn to the midfield, we've no room for posts like that now as we have to que the Inevitable "lets put Malcolm in the middle" posts that will pop up for years to come.

Karp = Carp = Fish.
Fish is a doable nickname surely.

Happy with this pick. Rate Karpany higher than Dumont.

I'm slowly warming to magikarp... Wanted a Robertson or marsh, but with a couple of F/S mids coming our way in the next two drafts, it was time to draft some depth in the forward and defensive halves.

Seems like we drafted to replace retired and retiring stars. Karpany got an aura of Kerry about him. Main with same stats and attributes as Embers. And Barass will be a fitting replacement for Glassy. I reckon the lads drafted really well this year complementing what we required. Bring on 2014!

Maybe Dayles parents were out of town and he couldn't get to his meetings on time either? Please, its a cop out! If someone is stated as having trouble meeting their commitments I would see that as having a questionable character. Never the less we have Magicarp and not Garlett so heres hoping he has a long and illustrious career with the Eagles! ( And hopefully mum and dad have moved down to perth with him... Just in case he needs to get to meetings and or commitments )

Missing training once or twice hardly constitutes questionable character, sheesh!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one that doesnt see any Kerr in him at all in regards to the way he plays?

Newman is way more Kerr-like, or at least he was when playing inside at U/18 level.

I think people are just going by his appearance and height TBH

More like a 2001-2003 Kerr not the later one where is he became an elite mid.

Yes a young, outside-ish Daniel Kerr, not the elite inside ball winner he became in later years. Kerr had elite recovery and a bit of x-factor - and I can see some of that in Karpany. But I think a young Kerr was a better allround player.

West Coast Eagles ā€@WestCoastEagles 2m
Malcom says he couldnt have asked for a better club to come to and is just happy to have been picked up #goeagles

Karpany believes he has the potential to fill a small forward role #goeagles

West Coast Eagles ā€@WestCoastEagles 1m
Malcolm says while it's a bit daunting to move interstate, he is looking forward to the challenge #goeagles

Karpany says he met his fellow squad members this morning. Unsure if they know his name yet #goeagles

Malcom says he couldnt have asked for a better club to come to and is just happy to have been picked up #goeagles

Karpany believes he has the potential to fill a small forward role #goeagles

Malcolm says while it's a bit daunting to move interstate, he is looking forward to the challenge #goeagles

Karpany says he met his fellow squad members this morning. Unsure if they know his name yet #goeagles

Malcolm X?

saw the press conference i actually don't think he knows who WCE doesn't even know any of the players names and he will return to S.A after his rookie contract.

Welcome MagicKarpetRide. Without knowing to much yet I'd list it a high reward, high risk pick. The risk being away from family in SA but we've got a few other SA boys on the list who can hopefully help him settle in.

As for his footy I haven't seen to much of it but I like what I've heard from his U18 GF performance. With the uncertainty around Newman's future I feel his been drafted as a smaller fwd/ midfielder.

Could have drafted Garlett here and got the arguably more talented player but there was always the concern of drafting him to a WA club and keeping him within distance his old friends circle. Charlie Cmaeron was another one but he'll be avilable in the rookie draft now.

Think Karpany is an upgrade on Charlie also from heresay

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to West Coast pick 31 - Malcolm Karpany

Remove this Banner Ad

Back