Toast Welcome to West Coast pick 31 - Malcolm Karpany

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a look at him pre draft and he sounded like the 3rd > 5th best small from SA. A skilful utility and a good choice for a substitute as he can play on any line and would impact late in the game when others are tiring.

Goal kicking smaller mid with skill. Hopefully he's got the work ethic.:thumbsu:

Quick - tick
good kick - tick
creative - tick
good tackler - tick

Not sure how we could've passed on him at that pick...

Unless his name was mick, and he made us sick, then we gave him the flick, for being such a dick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminds me of Jamie Bennell. Maybe that's because they look alike but small, pacey, agile... Bennell was like that as a junior.

You've echoed my thoughts there, something eerily Kerr-like about the way he moves. Obviously remains to be seen if this converts to league football, but interesting to note nonetheless.

Yea but kerr is exceptionally strong for his size which allowed him to play that midfield role. Even still Kerr has taken a beating and as a result we have missed a lot of good footy from him. And when Kerr started his career the size of mids in general was smaller than it is now. I think Karpeny's size restricts him to an outside mid.
Also Kerr had very good vision, evasiveness and a turn of pace. I'm not saying that Karpeny doesn't have these though, hope he does!

Congratulations on your continued affiliation with the Eagles Mal Capone, we expect great things.

Proposed nickname: "Don Capone"

I'm not really a fan of highlights packages but he looked quick and has a nice sidestep. He looked a good disposer but they're hardly going to show his shockers on a highlights package.

I agree with those that say he moves like a young Daniel Kerr - it's really noticeable.

He looks an exciting prospect.

"Malcolm went to boarding school in Adelaide and started the year fantastically well despite some issues getting around and meeting all his commitments"

We should of just chosen Garlett....

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to West Coast pick 31 - Malcolm Karpany

Remove this Banner Ad

Back