Toast Welcome to West Coast pick 31 - Malcolm Karpany

Remove this Banner Ad

Karpany
--> Sounds like carpet
--> Magic Carpet Ride is a song
--> if you change the C in carpet to a K like his surname, then Magic Karpet Ride has the initials M.K.R
--> M.K.R is a cooking show
--> Masterchef is also a cooking show
--> Matt Preston is a judge on Masterchef
--> Matt Preston has a big fat turkey neck
--> Matt Preston needs a cravat to cover up said turkey neck
--> change the C to a K and you can see that the obvious choice for a nickname is...Kravat

Just listened to his press conference and he definitely sounded homesick but i'm sure most draftess would feel that on 1st day of pre-season if they have had to move interstate.

On the Garlett / Karpany selection debate. I would of chosen Garlett as he is EXACTLY the player we required. He proved it against men to kick 40+ goals in the WAFL. I dont buy into the fact he had to move interstate to succeed, that's rubbish. He played good senior football for Swans this season and was living at home. Karpaney has played well in jnrs and like all the guys who were drafted it's a massive change from playing with boys to playing with men. To have a local who has proven quality against men I wouldn't of looked past that and sorted the rest at the time if it needed.

Anyway it's done and good luck to young Karpany.

I'm hoping that we pick up James Battersby in the rookie draft. I like him a fair bit, and i think having a friend from his state 18s team will help Karpany settle into life in perth a little better. He seemed pretty nervous, and i'd hate to see him ask for a trade in a couple years if he has shown some potential.

Karpany
--> Sounds like carpet
--> if you change the C in carpet to a K like his surname, then Magic Karpet Ride has the initials M.K.R
--> change the C to a K and you can see that the obvious choice for a nickname is...Kravat

Cartman, is that you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seemed fine to me. He's probably just lacking a bit of media confidence. It's not everyday your shipped off to a new state and expect to settle in within two days. All the best to him. :thumbsu:

On the Garlett / Karpany selection debate. I would of chosen Garlett as he is EXACTLY the player we required. He proved it against men to kick 40+ goals in the WAFL. I dont buy into the fact he had to move interstate to succeed, that's rubbish. He played good senior football for Swans this season and was living at home.
As a small forward, I'd prefer Garlett over Karpany, but if he can also play in the midfield, he could possibly offer more versatility than Garlett.

Karpany
--> Sounds like carpet

Makes sense :p

Karpany
--> Sounds like carpet

2aj2mc7.jpg

At the start he said he was very happy, people over analyse these things too much. Hi is a kid doing a press conference maby for the first time ever.

I'd say definitely for the first time ever

As a small forward, I'd prefer Garlett over Karpany, but if he can also play in the midfield, he could possibly offer more versatility than Garlett.
Garlett has zero defensive game. He rarely chases and when he does, he gives up far too easily - it's only half hearted. Garlett needs massive improvement to be successful at AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to West Coast pick 31 - Malcolm Karpany

Remove this Banner Ad

Back