Well Done

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers fellas. We did get the better treatment, no doubt, but hey, makes up for that McPhee/McVeigh goal in 2007, right? ;)

Nice to see a Bombers outfit with some balance across the park. You've always had talent, always had speed from the flanks, but you're putting it all together. Watson keeps getting better and better, and you've got some real good young midfielders who will take you places, to complement your KPPs.

we did have the rub of the green in numbers. The Dons did get a few in front of goal early.

I thought Essendon were great today, deserved it as much as we did. Jobe Watson man crush is increasing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just can't keep the Swans down can you?

Came back from the dead twice to pinch it.

Hannebery, Jack and Reid are the ones that you will be banking on. Show real class and composure on the field.

Please do not lose to the Blues when/if they play you in Sydney, I thoroughly enjoyed the Elim Final last year!

What a great game, both side were awesome today, I am very proud of our boys, and how good is Goodes and Bolton they are just so inspirational for you guys.
so many positives for both teams well done.

I don't get why people were saying it was a great game. In different periods there were some good skills but for a lot of it the skill level was poor. When we were on top Sydney were dreadful, continually turning the ball over and when they were on top we were giving away silly free kicks in the forward 50.

I don't get why people were saying it was a great game. In different periods there were some good skills but for a lot of it the skill level was poor. When we were on top Sydney were dreadful, continually turning the ball over and when they were on top we were giving away silly free kicks in the forward 50.

The skill level wasn't great, but it was a tight game and the players left everything out on the field.

{Hereby reserving the right to maintain indignant grievance against blatantly cheating umpiring if you guys do nothing this year, or acknowledge gracefully that umpiring had little effect if you guys do well this year.}

Close, well fought game.
Not really a disappointing effort - but obviously any number of kicks or decisions or selections or injuries could've turned it - that hurts.

You guys had the legs late tho & had all the 4th quarter. Much fitter more resilient unit.

I read somewhere that the Bombers smashed the Swans in contested possession, which I find a little curious. Given the Bombers used the ball so much better (and were generally better structured going forward) I had assumed we had won more contested ball to deliver such an even contest.

Great contest - if not greatly skilled game - that could have gone either way. Good to see Hurley living up to the hype. He has the makings of becoming a very good forward indeed.

I read somewhere that the Bombers smashed the Swans in contested possession, which I find a little curious. Given the Bombers used the ball so much better (and were generally better structured going forward) I had assumed we had won more contested ball to deliver such an even contest.
I don't think there was much in it, 160-155 IIRC.
Our disposal wasn't much to write home about after half-time.

The only team that does not drive it's fans nuts with turnovers is Collingwood, that's one of the reasons they are ahead of the pack. What made it enjoyable for me was the number of really good contested marks from both sides. Hurley, Ryder, Goodes and Reid all took some rippers.

Thanks guys, that was a real heart attack game for both sides because of the turnovers and missed opportunities (by both teams). Essendon are playing good footy atm and we were lucky to come away with the win. It was a very harsh call on Hardingham as he'd played a really good game in defence. After watching that game I think it will take a whole season for all teams to fully adjust to the substitute rule. Look forward to the rematch at Etihad in Round 20! ;)

Thanks guys. I tipped you guys to win and I don't regret the tip at all. For a team that probably has an average age of like 22-23, you guys were amazing and very well may have won on another day. Was puzzled by the Jobe Watson captaincy originally, but can see now hes a good leader.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back