Toast We're playing finals in 2018!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd have to rewatch that. But the free that wasn't paid to us with minutes would more than make up for it. Also numbers hardly tell the whole story, legitimacy also an obvious factor.

Overall though we were pretty insipid in the first half so didn't deserve it. But the umps didn't help.
This is the thing, there were some obvious free's missed for West Coast, there were some obvious ones missed for Melbourne. I felt it was equally umpired that we could both complain and point to serious missed (or paid) frees. The thing that lose West Coast the game in my mind is the fumble that led to Kent's goal, and Melksham running out the back. Neither had anything to do with the umpires. Anyway, exciting game and good luck against the Lions next week to sow up top two.

You know what, I know we take the piss out of each other due to our recent history with Lever and this years draft pick, but in all seriousness this is good for your supporters. I didn't realize it had been 12 years until yesterday, as a football fan I don't think i would be able to handle that long a hiatus without September action. And you could tell after the game what it meant to the players. So i'll give you kudos for making it back!

I'm obviously going to go against you for this year as we have your pick, but i'll leave it at that!
Cheers mate.
Classy response and I'm sure it won't be long before the crows are back in September.
Means the world to have the Dees back in the finals after such a long time.

All the best

Bloody brilliant. Watching the game yesterday and right after they were given a charity goal because an Eagle came off best in a legitmate contest, Melbourne got a free kick for something that was clearly there. You could hear the howls of protest all the way to Ipswich Qld. What a bunch of entitled flogs. No side gets better looked after than those Wanchors. At half time the umps got an absolute bake from the crowd...how dare the umpires not follow the establised protocol. I'm glad justice was served and you blokes made the finals. My lad is a Melbourne fan, he is 22 now so he was in primary school the last time your boys made the eight so he's a happy camper, as you all should be.

Good luck in the finals unless you play my mob. ;)

Congrats guys!
Im an unashamed Dees hater but its great to see and hear the joy this has bought you the fans.
It reminds me of when we qualified in 2013.
I hope you get a home final and can pack out the joint.
I'd love you guys to win it in 2020 after the Tigs have gone B2B2B haha :p
Good luck in September.

West Coast salt is from not getting 20 more frees than they usually do over there, plus Gaff will be playing for us in 2019.

Yeah there disgraceful sooks. And them booing our players after the siren left a bad taste in my mouth

Then I’ve seen there fans saying “Melbourne celebrating making the eight, tells you were your clubs at”

Didn’t they knock us out of the eight last season and celebrated like we did?

I really hope Brisbane knock em off next week. Pure spite on my behalf

It still doesn't seem real!

Will be a weird feeling watching this week knowing that we are in the 8.

Of course I wan't us to win but maybe I will at least be able to relax a little on game day knowing that we are playing finals win, lose or draw.

It still doesn't seem real!

Will be a weird feeling watching this week knowing that we are in the 8.

Of course I wan't us to win but maybe I will at least be able to relax a little on game day knowing that we are playing finals win, lose or draw.
will be a really enjoyable atmosphere I reckon, looking forward to heading to the G, having a few beers and just have some fun watching the footy. its been a while since I've been able to relax watching Melbourne. Cant wait for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MFC, makes me feel we're somehow not safe still. I'll believe it when september rolls in.

Yesterday was the day our club stood up for itself

MFC, makes me feel we're somehow not safe still. I'll believe it when september rolls in.

Yesterday was the day our club stood up for itself

Me too. Dreading that 450 point loss that ends our season.

So it seems we will play either Sydney, Hawthorn or Geelong.

If by some miracle Freo beat the pies and we win we could finish fourth and play Richmond, but that ain't gonna happen.

I’ll be taking the family on Sunday. First opportunity for the year. Win/lose/draw don’t really mind. I won’t be angry at any result bc the weight of expectation is gone - we are a finals team. How lovely to go to a game and not be wracked with nerves.

oh, im also running a "how to troll opposition boards on big footy effectively without getting carded" seminar for our not so bright friend, eaglesfan84..

Just sms the promo code: "booooooooooooooo" to: 04 2 WINS ON THE TROT IN PERF for 50% off this 4 day course, usually $550, now it can be yours for $275.

To check out some of my work, please visit your gameday thread on the WCE board. Cheers.

This post's value is increased ten fold by the fact that he is currently suspended

Congrats guys!
Im an unashamed Dees hater but its great to see and hear the joy this has bought you the fans.
It reminds me of when we qualified in 2013.
I hope you get a home final and can pack out the joint.
I'd love you guys to win it in 2020 after the Tigs have gone B2B2B haha :p
Good luck in September.

Posts like these are awesome, I've seen this bloke smack us non stop when we deserved it, thanks captain!!

I was in primary school when we last played finals
Well that makes me feel a hundred years old. I was 26 :$

Reading through this thread has brought back the buzz of yesterday. **** knows the supporters deserve this moment. Well done all for sticking fat. The fun really begins now :)

will be a really enjoyable atmosphere I reckon, looking forward to heading to the G, having a few beers and just have some fun watching the footy. its been a while since I've been able to relax watching Melbourne. Cant wait for it.
Hope your fans turn out in numbers this weekend to celebrate the team. I'll be there.

the only 3 teams that touched us up this year were richmond, collingwood and the hawks.
I am confident we could win against swans and the cats week one if we played them.

we are so much more dangerous without hogan in the forward line, as we are far less predictable, and have plenty of scoring options all over the place which is awesome.
The reality is, with hogan in the goal square, we lost so many games we dominated by just bombing it to the goal square over and over with little result. we were "mentally weak" when really we were just extremely inefficient and didn't put away games we should have won.
Hogan out changed that instantly and look what happened.

When he comes back, he needs a different role, and I never want to see the "bomb it to the goal square" strategy used ever again.

I think this team can have a real tilt at the GF, and I hope the coaches get it through their skulls that the forced strategy change is what we needed all along and stick with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast We're playing finals in 2018!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back