2nds Werribee Tigers vs. Collingwood Saturday 2nd June Avalon Airport Oval at 2:00 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

We've been appaling since beating Port Melbourne.
We've been appalling apart from beating Port just about all year.

I wonder who the VFL coach will be next year.;)

Only real positive is that Tarrant is getting a bit of the ball, he'll play next week against the Dees if he gets through the second half here.

3/4 Time:

Collingwood 6.4 (40) to Werribee 20.13 (133)

Goals:
Collingwood: Paine 2, Farmer 2, Hellier, Ceglar

Werribee: Tarrant 5, Warren 4, McKinley 3, Matinello 2, Mather 2, Daw, Fairley, Lynch,

We got 2 goals in the opening minute (Paine & Ceglar), but for the rest of that quarter we managed just another 2, again one from Paine & Hellier.

Fortunately for North Melbourne they will have some players to make changes to their senior side for next week after what their seniors are dishing up today.

Final Score:

Collingwood 10.5 (65) defeated by Werribee 26.18 (174)

Goals:
Collingwood: Paine 3, Ceglar 3, Farmer 2, Seccull, Hellier

Werribee: Warren 6, Tarrant 5, McKinley 4, Lynch 2, Gibson 2, Mather, Martinello, Castello, Sierakowski, Daw, Speight, Fairley

Best - Collingwood: Ferraro, Cribbin, Ceglar, Riddle, Tarrant, Witts
Werribee: Pederson, Ross, Tarrant, Harding, Warren, Martinello

To give us some fairness, we only had Taz, Seed, Paine & Yagmoor who have had some senior experience.

Good to see our future scoring well (Cegs, Painey & Farmer)

Yagmoor hasn't done too much.

Taz has been playing down back.

Seeds hasn't done much harm in his push for senior selection, has played well.

Witts has played well again, should be up there in the bests along with Paine & Ceglar

We did improve in the second half, and really we did lose it in the first half when we let them score almost at will.

collingwood supporter from melton.................

theres only so much welfare to go around ya know ;)

Centrelink actually use this proven formula:
Pie supporter + Melton resident = Double threat.
If I was a Juggalo, I would have reached the 'triple scum' and join the Hall of Fame :p.

Anyway, terrible game. Pathetic. Few positives. Taz playing out a full game was the most promising. Liked Witts' game. Happy Ceglar and Paine kicked a few. Nothing else was too exciting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DTM wouldn't be remotely interested.

Any more scores, reports?

Why's that? Doesn't he like redheads or does she have a little too much junk in the trunk?

Have you seen the clubs injury list?
Nah, I haven't... :rolleyes:

Thing is the club wanted to compliment the AFL side with the VFL side in the finals. That's not gonna happen. We also don't go out and get good VFL players for the VFL only list. We get amo players, literally.

Nah, I haven't... :rolleyes:

Thing is the club wanted to compliment the AFL side with the VFL side in the finals. That's not gonna happen. We also don't go out and get good VFL players for the VFL only list. We get amo players, literally.

why would good vfl players want to play for us when they only get picked if we have injuries????

if a collingwood listed player is fit, they play ahead of a vfl player....so in theory if we dont have injuries not many of these top up players play.

so again why would top line vfl players play for us? answer is they wont/dont

Wow our vfl team is always getting smashed o.o

13 or 14 senior players not available makes a huge difference. You add some or all of Wood, Ugle, Johnson, Elliott, M Williams, J Thomas, Young, Rounds, Macaffer, Krakouer, Buckley, Blair, Keeffe, Fasolo, and Sinclair to the VFL side and it's a different game. Apparently we also lost Kritta fairly early.

When you lose by 100+ Points you where Crap. That is exacly what the VFL was Pathetic. Ball Skills where Disgusting and Lack of Effort from Some Players where easy to see.

Pros:

• Paine was Fantastic and in the last QTR in a marking Contest he just Threw his Oppenent to the Ground:D
  • Witts and Ceglar did well in the Ruck and Ceglar Kicked 3 Goals
  • Like Farmer again

Cons:

• Seedsman and Yagmoor Where very Quiet
  • The Scoreline
  • 2 Hour Trip on Train to see us get Flogged. Though it was nice to get out and see a Mate at the footy

Never saw her

hard to miss her

julia-g1.jpg

13 or 14 senior players not available makes a huge difference. You add some or all of Wood, Ugle, Johnson, Elliott, M Williams, J Thomas, Young, Rounds, Macaffer, Krakouer, Buckley, Blair, Keeffe, Fasolo, and Sinclair to the VFL side and it's a different game. Apparently we also lost Kritta fairly early.

Plus Eddy and Sundberg.

If we had no senior injuries, we'd have a finals team in the VFL. Unfortunately that is not the case.

Some absolutely absolutely pathetic efforts regardless of the outs.

What it did expose was despite the fact we are winning we have been too cute with our recruiting and completely neglected leagues like the VFL and SANFL for mature aged players added to our squad.

I would be very interested to see Seedsman's stats. I think the 3 or 4 he had in the last quarter may have tripled his previous stat count. Too easy to keep out of the game, because he is relianton others to give it to him, needs to start winning his own ball and harden up.

Witts is big and we all get excited because of that, but at the moment he can barely get off the ground. He involved himself well today, he wasn't good but he was involved. He is not a dominant force in the ruck despite his size. He does not have anywhere near the wingspan of a Sandilands and due to the fact he has a poor spring he is not much different to your average sized ruck with a decent leap. He is obviously young and does not know how to use his body properly yet, but he will need to get better at jumping. Even when he takes a mark around the ground he makes it harder for himself by jumping ,fading backwards and taking the mark as he is on his way slumping down. As opposed to jumping up and meeting the ball at its highest point.

Ceglar kicked 3 which indicates he went OK, but I wasn't particularly impressed with his game. He actually can jump and take the ball at it's highest point, but he just floats through games too often, showing the odd glimpse, but not grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck. He doesn't involve himself enough around the ground for a ruckman and he lacks agression. He will be betetr served by extra muscle, but I was looking for someone to stand up today and he didn't seem to want to impose himself.

Paine was good, particularly after half-time. Very good contested mark , straight kick and he offers a good contest. He will need at least another pre-season to be able to get the tank to play a third tall role at AFL level, as I think this is his current weakness. But very promising game, particularly considering he was coming back from an injury.

Lachlan Smith doesn't have much going for him and should be a first year rookie de-list.

Hartley was ordinary, but he is coming off a long lay off and I feel he will eventually make an AFL player.

Cribbin was actually one of the few to show some heart and run today. Nothing silky about him, but he runs all day and doesn't get sucked in to the silly short, wide shit most of the team does.

Tarrant looked really good today. He looked quick, strong and focussed. His run at times off half-back was good and he was able to defend well one on one.

The only highlight for the day was Lockyer telling a supporter 'to shut the **** up', when he interjected with his view of what they needed to do, while he was addressing the group at 3 quarter time.

I knew we would be little chance of an upset once I saw Ugle was not lining up, which made us extremely vanilla, as Mooney was also not playing. But the effort was not there.

The VFL top up players are preety ordinary bar Pendlebury, but 71 never again, please.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Werribee Tigers vs. Collingwood Saturday 2nd June Avalon Airport Oval at 2:00 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back