VFL VFL Round 8 v Werribee - Saturday May 18 11:05 @ Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry is tiny, I'm surprised at how slight he is. Wouldn't be making any categorical calls until he approaches something like an AFL body. Will keep looking for good signs, but a next year evaluation for mine.

I guess that would be as a result from not training as a footballer for the past 4 years. Im sure he will be on a program over the next 12 to 18 months to gain some muscle development and core strength.
He definitely has the skill level to make it at AFL level...

So Ed only had 15 possessions but everyone seems to be saying he showed marked improvement. Can anyone elaborate?
17*, but it was more the manner of his disposals. He was aggressive going forward (in limited opportunity, as we got smashed), and was strong in the contest. Long had more stats, but Allan was much better to my eye

17*, but it was more the manner of his disposals. He was aggressive going forward (in limited opportunity, as we got smashed), and was strong in the contest. Long had more stats, but Allan was much better to my eye

52fe5e08-0c80-44c7-a118-4a8abf927fc2_text.gif

So Ed only had 15 possessions but everyone seems to be saying he showed marked improvement. Can anyone elaborate?
I’ve openly been a critic this season, more so from disappointment in his tracking as his touches were just “casual” and lots of lazy handballs.

This game as gouki88 said, he took it on, used speed, broke away, displayed good kicking skills, had a couple of shots on goal, and won clean stoppage. All against a team we were well beaten by. If he continues that kind of play my faith has been restored Fat Jesus

Also, I read the thread before the I saw the replay, so I was expecting the worst from Harry, but apart from that one kick across goal I thought he looked OK. As I said, his body isn't there to show his best yet, but I thought he showed AFL traits.

Also, I read the thread before the I saw the replay, so I was expecting the worst from Harry, but apart from that one kick across goal I thought he looked OK. As I said, his body isn't there to show his best yet, but I thought he showed AFL traits.
His worse moment was as that attempted kick almost centering the ball in defensive 50. It was just a terrible decision, but that happens. Other than that it was his best game. He’s improving each week, that’s all we can ask .
People are far too invested in the “first round mentality” when in reality he was pick 25. And outside of the top 10, it’s rare for players to have instant impact.

People hear “first round pick” and expect degoey or daicos levels

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because I just think it's setting him up for a debut. It's just an opinion. Mine. I'm not interested in getting into an argument about it with you.
Ok, it’s just that you said it was confirmed.

It looked like he did everything the club asked of him on Saturday. He would have been given a role that would compliment his AFL potential and what would be expected of him . His last 3 weeks have been impressive as far as his expected role goes.
Well there seems to be the standard MVP, pump up in the presser, named as emergency, carry over emergency...and then bam, debut. Seems to be the routine and we've got enough players missing to give another AFL listed player an opportunity.. 😉

Well there seems to be the standard MVP, pump up in the presser, named as emergency, carry over emergency...and then bam, debut. Seems to be the routine and we've got enough players missing to give another AFL listed player an opportunity.. 😉
It wouldn't surprise me. They must feel confident in his ability to play his role. He's very very close by the sound of it. Also, I thought he went up a level on Saturday, we have a very bright future, regardless of all the doom earlier in the year

It wouldn't surprise me. They must feel confident in his ability to play his role. He's very very close by the sound of it. Also, I thought he went up a level on Saturday, we have a very bright future, regardless of all the doom earlier in the year
Even if some of the newbies don't retain their spots when everyone returns from injury, at least they've had a few games to get used to the intensity & atmosphere. Will be a huge advantage if needed later in the year. Not to mention for their own development.

Even if some of the newbies don't retain their spots when everyone returns from injury, at least they've had a few games to get used to the intensity & atmosphere. Will be a huge advantage if needed later in the year. Not to mention for their own development.
If i was a betting man, I'd say that's a given. sully might be rotated but that doesn't mean he won't get another chance. Maybe Ed's height might be useful next game also, who knows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back