West Coast by 50+

Remove this Banner Ad

Some people take internet forums too seriously.

Basing your whole opinion of a football club on the ramblings of a handful of supporters? Most of whom I would suggest are (a) most definitely not members and (b) would hardly go to any games.

At last years granny, most WC supporters were great fun, with a few showing arrogance (which would be common at most clubs I would say).
As for the game, my thinking is (not surprisingly) the swans will win it. West coast need to come up with 5 extra goals that were there as a certainty when they played at home 2 weeks ago. By that I mean Home ground advantage worth 4 goals to them (stats say they get at least 3 goals per home game more than the opposition from frees, plus an extra goal from the crowd, or though perhaps that a little smaller than the case should be), plus they need one more goal to actually win it. Sure they had players out, but were those players worth 5 goals is the question?

weagles_fan said:
Will maul the Swans with the wider ground. Harder for Sydney to flood MCG as it is Subi

At this point you went from silly troll to raving mad post.

Wider ground = SCG.

Flood Subi = apparently impossible only three weeks ago.

Simple fact is Sydney can flood ANYWHERE. Principally because the AFL grant us the right to have an extra 6 rookies on our list, and hence naturally an extra six players on the ground in any game.

Raskolnikov said:
This thread is the perfect summation of why I want Sydney to win.

West Coast supporters = arrogance personified:thumbsdown:
And so the other threads claiming Sydney will win aren't? Get over yourself.

If you look at our side against Sydney lately, the one we'll be playing with this weekend is quite stronger than the others:

2006 QF: No Kerr, Hansen, Seaby or Embley
Round 15: No Banfield, Glass
2005 GF: No Braun, RoJo, Lynch, Waters

Lynch needs to kick a goal early to get his confidence up, if he drops a few early marks or kicks an OOB he will probably have a poor day, very much a confidence player.

Having Kerr back is hugely important against the Swans, look at his game against Adelaide in the clinches, top stuff. Trained with the main side for the first time this week since injury, a very good sign.

Hansen straightens us up down the middle of the ground, and Embley is a very hard player to match up on.

Our team is stronger than last year and in the QF, the hunger will be there, and we have the side to beat Sydney. Coming from behind against Adelaide showed how mentally tough our players are, Cousins is in brilliant form, and Hunter is a trump card. Sydney are the most disciplined side in the league though.

Eagles by 2 goals.

weagles_fan said:
Will maul the Swans with the wider ground. Harder for Sydney to flood MCG as it is Subi and Lynch and Hunter will kick 10 goals between them.

1st qtr - WC by 10
2nd qtr - WC by 32
3rd qtr - WC by 34
4th qtr - WC by 51

Weagles Fan, yes I agree the E-girls will start as red hot favorates. Should win by six goals with all their talent.

weagles_fan said:
Will maul the Swans with the wider ground. Harder for Sydney to flood MCG as it is Subi and Lynch and Hunter will kick 10 goals between them.

1st qtr - WC by 10
2nd qtr - WC by 32
3rd qtr - WC by 34
4th qtr - WC by 51

You're an idiot. Do you eagles fans know anything about ''Football'' :rolleyes: Some of you guys are pretty cocky. Considering you're playing in a Grand Final. I would be keeping a lid on it.
I'm surprised, how you guys think this is a walk in the park. It's a 50/50 game if you ask any neutral supporter.
No way the margin will get out to that! Sydney are going into this game fresher then the eagles (having the week off), so if anyones going to win by a big margin it will be Sydney.

crimson said:
Weagles Fan, yes I agree the E-girls will start as red hot favorates. Should win by six goals with all their talent.

Seems like a case of a Champion team up against a team of champions this week.

The stupid-o-meter is off the charts on this one.

I would point to the fact that the Swans forward line (Hall, O'Loughlin, Davis, Schneider, O'Keefe) is clearly superior to West Coast's on paper, but what would be the point.

bzparkes said:
StefanoRoccoWhite is arrogance personified, not us. At least we're over the whole grade 3 name-calling crap. He's arrogant enough for all Sydney supporters and puts a bad light on the rest of you.:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Good too see i bother you. Just like the swans are giving you nightmares - hence why all this false bravado.

All i do is counter the arrogance your supporters have displayed. Someone has to do it and i have nominated myself.

FWIW I think it will be close and at this stage i can't pick anyone. But I am not going to make bold and stupid predictions.

Quinzate1 said:

If you look at our side against Sydney lately, the one we'll be playing with this weekend is quite stronger than the others:

2006 QF: No Kerr, Hansen, Seaby or Embley
Round 15: No Banfield, Glass
2005 GF: No Braun, RoJo, Lynch, Waters

Lynch needs to kick a goal early to get his confidence up, if he drops a few early marks or kicks an OOB he will probably have a poor day, very much a confidence player.

Having Kerr back is hugely important against the Swans, look at his game against Adelaide in the clinches, top stuff. Trained with the main side for the first time this week since injury, a very good sign.

Hansen straightens us up down the middle of the ground, and Embley is a very hard player to match up on.

Our team is stronger than last year and in the QF, the hunger will be there, and we have the side to beat Sydney. Coming from behind against Adelaide showed how mentally tough our players are, Cousins is in brilliant form, and Hunter is a trump card. Sydney are the most disciplined side in the league though.

Eagles by 2 goals.
you claim that you never had a full list of players.
You have one on saturday, did it do you much good? hardly.

weagles_fan said:

1st qtr - WC by 10
2nd qtr - WC by 32
3rd qtr - WC by 34
4th qtr - WC by 51

Not sure who will win but your statement is just plain silly seeing that Swans beat WCE on the wide expanses of the MCG last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sedition said:
Not sure who will win but your statement is just plain silly seeing that Swans beat WCE on the wide expanses of the MCG last year.

I think this is in response to the Swans by 30+ thread below this one.

Quinzate1 said:

I didn't actually see that other thread so I'll retract my statement but still in general Eagle supporters are a much more arrogant lot than any other club supporters.

Either way - Go Swannies!

Tredders66 said:
You're an idiot. Do you eagles fans know anything about ''Football'' :rolleyes: Some of you guys are pretty cocky. Considering you're playing in a Grand Final. I would be keeping a lid on it.
I'm surprised, how you guys think this is a walk in the park. It's a 50/50 game if you ask any neutral supporter.
No way the margin will get out to that! Sydney are going into this game fresher then the eagles (having the week off), so if anyones going to win by a big margin it will be Sydney.

I`m really surprised that someone who has been here for 3 years is yet to understand this place. Do you just put the sarcasm shields on when you log on or are they firmly attached.

Lighten up.

weagles_fan said:

1st qtr - WC by 10
2nd qtr - WC by 32
3rd qtr - WC by 34
4th qtr - WC by 51

Now that would be a boring grand final!

I hope everybody gives it their best and tries their hardest, thats all that counts and no body gets hurt, so everyones a winner

weagles_fan said:
WC will win by so much because
1. WC dominate ruck with no Jolly
2. WC dominate clearances
3. WC get on top early forcing Swans to attack
4. Lynch and Hunter to big, quick and strong for their opponents.

Year right - hunter is too quick for the magic man and Lynch too quick for leo. Moron

sackrash said:
Sure they had players out, but were those players worth 5 goals is the question?

Embley usually bobs up with 2 or 3. Kerr usually sinks a couple, and his gruntwork sets up numerous goals. The difference Hansen makes to our structure is huge. It's hard to judge how many goals that is worth, but we're a different side when he's playing. Plus he'll usually get a couple himself.

So in short, yes.

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast by 50+

Remove this Banner Ad

Back