News West Coast calls on fans to start new game-day tradition at Perth Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong Neil Diamond song but he has some absolute classics. Solitary Man and Girl, You'll be a woman soon are some of the greatest ever written.
That's your cup of tea, not mine...(prefer Urge Overkill version)..and I was talking about Crunchy Granola Suite, not the other song..look, he was okay, he dominated the airwaves and appealed to lots of people, but for mine he was lame, as in an Elvis sequinned jumpsuit Las Vegas kind of way. personal taste ok.

Last edited:
That's your cup of tea, not mine...(prefer Urge Overkill version)..and I was talking about Crunchy Granola Suite, not the other song..look, he was okay, he dominated the airwaves and appealed to lots of people, but for mine he was lame, as in an Elvis sequinned jumpsuit Las Vegas kind of way. personal taste ok.
Are you just talking about ND's dress sense or his music? None better musically in my opinions - could listen to him all day and his numbers on "Hot August Night" are just classics - particularly "Sweet Caroline". Perhaps you are from a different generation which is why it will always be difficult to please all in the Club when it comes to choosing what music to play!

yeah people stood up and then that was it, kind of just looked around for a bit then sat down again.

crowd was definitely at its most vocal towards the end of the 3rd

I thought the tunnel was fine, my issue was lack of real utilisation of the biggest screens in souther hemisphere.
the lack of info on scoreboards no stats on players ficking for goals etc in favour of SGIO adds was annyoing,,
Also again at the MCG when bombers or Tigers kick a goal its brilliant you either hear a Tiger Roar or a jet engine flying above,
again we have the best sound system and we flash up GOAL and thats it

I know our club song is not that great but it is still our club song and it should be played as we run out on the ground. Was actually disappointed when they chose not to play it yesterday as we ran out.

Then play it in the background of Karl Langdon announcing things. The club obviously doesn’t rate the song, so get a new one

Huddle was a predictable flop. Surely they couldn't have thought that through. Tunnel was a joke, expect to see it advertised on Gumtree later this year. Public address system was shocking from where I was, on the wing by the fence, the bass was so strong you could barely make out what anyone was saying. Why we have to put up with Karl Langdon shrieking like a banshee God only knows.

Eagles since day 1 back in '87 seem obsessed with providing an entertainment experience, as if the footy by itself in insufficient. For every extra person you drag in for the "show" you probably lose one who is put off by all the malarkey. If some theatregoer gets a free ticket and the footy isn't enough to keep them occupied that's no real loss, a few kicking comps and choc milk carton stacking events (remember those) are unlikely to win them over.

I wonder if maybe the club asked the players their thoughts on pre game rituals? Maybe it's the players that requested to run out to a more upbeat song and no banner?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's so many Rage songs that would work, but I'd only play the intro's up to the lyrics then blast the team song.
Testify
Bulls on Parade
Sleep Now in the Fire

If they want to do that, they have to sprint out as well like the NFL players. They can't just jog out. We also can't lose our song either and be some background noise to Karl Langdon. It is more important than a pump up song.

Know Your Enemy by Rage would be cool. Once the boys have run out, throw the camera on the opposition to show the ‘enemy’. Or the media team (if it’s not too much hassle) could put together a short clip of some highlights from previous games against the opposition we’re playing that round. Couple of good goals, crunching tackles, Jacko being a campaigner etc....

‘The Huddle’ is pure crap.

Why can’t we just all do the ‘EEEEEEEEAGLES’ slow chant until the ball is bounced?

That’d be great, would really build the crowd noise, be audible and actually be something the players could be aware of.

‘The Huddle’ is pure crap.

Why can’t we just all do the ‘EEEEEEEEAGLES’ slow chant until the ball is bounced?

That’d be great, would really build the crowd noise, be audible and actually be something the players could be aware of.
Maybe it will evolve in to us doing that whilst standing. Maybe you could start chanting it.

Remove this Banner Ad

News West Coast calls on fans to start new game-day tradition at Perth Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back