News West Coast calls on fans to start new game-day tradition at Perth Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

The huddle simply doesnt do anything for atmosphere.

Reckon with 55k biased fans we should have a 30 second countdown timer linked to a noise meter on the bigscreens. Dont need any announcer over the speakers to say anything. No music. Just let the fans generate the amount of noise they want. Often you see a few scuffles break out around the ground just before the 1st bounce and any crowd noise is muted by the bloody music which seems to be played right up to the second the siren goes off.

True enough - but the nbl fell off a cliff

It could have lasted well into the first decade this century

But 10 had never held meaningful sports rights and butchered it

10 only paid attention to the Sydney market. Because the Kings never rated well they put their coverage from prime time back to late night delayed games as a result. Never mind in other markets like Perth, Adelaide etc the games drew great ratings.

The Wildcats were bigger than the Eagles in the early 90's to the point where if an Eagles game and a Wildcats game was on at the same time it was the Eagles game that would get delayed and the Cats game would be shown live.

I hate everything about our pre-game. Laughably cringeworthy smoke looking like white bird shit spraying forth from the beak of an eagle-head-shaped inflatable bouncy castle, Langdon in a state of psychosis having screamed about prizes for 20minutes, overplayed Wolfmother song, PC cheerleaders out there for all of 45s, people awkwardly standing up for a minute before the game for our 'huddle'.

When does it end?

I hate everything about our pre-game. Laughably cringeworthy smoke looking like white bird shit spraying forth from the beak of an eagle-head-shaped inflatable bouncy castle, Langdon in a state of psychosis having screamed about prizes for 20minutes, overplayed Wolfmother song, PC cheerleaders out there for all of 45s, people awkwardly standing up for a minute before the game for our 'huddle'.

When does it end?
Don’t forget the Eagle Rock belting out post game!

I've never liked banners for H&A matches so have no issue with us doing away with that

The inflatable eagle head is a point of difference amongst AFL clubs even if it seems a direct ripoff from the Philadelphia eagles

And I like the wolf mother riff blaring as the players run out. Tonight more so than the previous two games it seemed to create some real energy through the crowd. Team song can be played when/if we win

Standing for the huddle is slowly catching on to an extent but it seems kinda pointless without a chant to go with it

I've never liked banners for H&A matches so have no issue with us doing away with that

The inflatable eagle head is a point of difference amongst AFL clubs even if it seems a direct ripoff from the Philadelphia eagles

And I like the wolf mother riff blaring as the players run out. Tonight more so than the previous two games it seemed to create some real energy through the crowd. Team song can be played when/if we win

Standing for the huddle is slowly catching on to an extent but it seems kinda pointless without a chant to go with it

Go Eagles Go, SGIO, Go Eagles Go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fairly certain Brisbane do a lion head. They were even looking at bringing a live Lion down at one stage.

Ok, so next home game we stand awkardly then chant the slow EEEEEEeaaaaaaaggggllllleeeesssss...

Fair enough, was a couple of Little Doves deep at that point and a little harsh.

The entrance seems all over the place though; perhaps they should play the riff but transition into the team song as the team appears from the head, to keep the energy going? As it is, we cheer for a few seconds but it fades before the team song even starts.

Is Auzzie the Eagle on holidays? Geez she's been pretty slack the last two games, barely did a quarter of the oval. Was amazing the first game, practically clipping her wings along the boundary area and over the first level. Maybe it was a bit of a fluke the first time and still getting used to the ground.

The Huddle is a bit cringeworthy tbh. I like the idea of everyone standing up but people don't really know what do afterwards. Sing? Clap? Hold hands?

I reckon HJ's should do a promotion and give a free whopper to everyone if the crowd reaches a certain amount of decibels chanting 'Eagleeesssss' right before the bounce.

Imagine a
barometer being displayed on the big screen rising until everyone is up and about being as loud as hell? Would be so intimidating especially when people see a FREE target up for grabs.

How do we get in contact with those guys?? Someone contact them and tell them to suggest the bloody god damn Viking Clap!!!

They have an Instagram account, DM them.

Not sure the Viking clap works for us though. Makes sense for the Scandinavian countries or the Canberra Raiders but what relevance does it have to an Eagle?

I was at the GC game and the crowd got into the huddle thing, (without chanting) lots of clapping and encouragement being thrown out there

How do we get in contact with those guys?? Someone contact them and tell them to suggest the bloody god damn Viking Clap!!!
I don't think the Viking clap is relevant, joining the huddle is a pretty good original idea, just give it time I think and it will evolve, if the crowd makes a bit more noise and keeps it going til the first bounce the players would surely be pumped up

Remove this Banner Ad

News West Coast calls on fans to start new game-day tradition at Perth Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back