Club Focus West Coast Eagles 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Tom Barrass is contracted until 2027.
So with 3 full years remaining, the contract takes him through to 31yo.
With the Eagles in full rebuild, would Barrass consider a trade to a club in a premiership window and would the Eagles be open to trade to assist their rebuild.
The Blues could really use Barrass to partner Weitering with McGovern as the third allowing Kemp to be redeployed elsewhere further afield …

One aspect of all this is

If you are Eagles what are you going to do

Trade Barass for a mid teens pick OR, ask AFL for 2 priority picks instead. People seem to think Eagles should trade away experienced players to get assets the AFL will simply give us for free

I think if Eagles end up with pick 3 they should look at the suns picks 6 11 20. Say 3, 59, F3 for 6 11 20.

Trade that pick 20 for Baker and get whatever they can for Barrass from Hawks. Likely first round and a future pick.

Eagles have then 6, 9, 11 to get 3 draftees in the first round. Keeping 3 will not be wise to keep when you can potentially get two top 10 draftees.

Ignore this if Eagles end up in 17th place though because pick 2 is 0'Sullivan.

One aspect of all this is

If you are Eagles what are you going to do

Trade Barass for a mid teens pick OR, ask AFL for 2 priority picks instead. People seem to think Eagles should trade away experienced players to get assets the AFL will simply give us for free
The AFL should tell West Coast to forget about a priority pick when they've had a Premiership in the past decade.

It probably wouldn't help them.

The AFL isn't going to start handing out priority picks to clubs after 60 bad games and one spoon.
I think they will if we ask cos AFL wont want to see us trade away too many experienced players and subsequently get worse.

Any help would be similar to what North got to bring in Logue/Tucker. Picks that must be traded. We then trade for Liam Baker with these picks

I think they will if we ask cos AFL wont want to see us trade away too many experienced players and subsequently get worse.

Any help would be similar to what North got to bring in Logue/Tucker. Picks that must be traded. We then trade for Liam Baker with these picks
I don't think they'll see it as an issue. You're not bleeding members

We are bleeding attendance and ratings though.... which matters just as much.

You think Channel 7/Foxtel would be thrilled with one of the most supported clubs having games over at half time for example?
You're not borderline unviable like North or the Suns. You win a premiership like 5 years ago and last I heard you still had a waiting list for memberships.

Like Geelong, the afl will not give you a priority pick, probably ever

You're not borderline unviable like North or the Suns. You win a premiership like 5 years ago and last I heard you still had a waiting list for memberships.

Like Geelong, the afl will not give you a priority pick, probably ever
It depends who you believe makes the decisions

I think sponsors and those piling money into the game make the decisioms. Dont like Lauren Kane is anything but a messenger service to them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus West Coast Eagles 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back