Club Focus West Coast Eagles 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Eagles board is on fire, no support for this trade whatsoever. One of the worst moves in club history. I hated barrass for 14 and a F2 but would have much rather given that up for owies and Baker (who I didn't want anyway)
Have they mentioned Matty Clarke is a secret agent working for Richmond ?
They should not have him involved in any trades that involve Richmond players ?
Eagles considering offering Richmond pick #12 for Jayden Short ?

Too much under rating of Blair Hartley in these threads
he is looking like a super star getting everything he wants so far with Rioli & Baker looking done

Baker went for Market Value ( Richmond Market )

You did well.

Carlton however have made such a killing - I hear Netflix are thinking of making a mini-series on it.

I think if Eagles end up with pick 3 they should look at the suns picks 6 11 20. Say 3, 59, F3 for 6 11 20.

Trade that pick 20 for Baker and get whatever they can for Barrass from Hawks. Likely first round and a future pick.

Eagles have then 6, 9, 11 to get 3 draftees in the first round. Keeping 3 will not be wise to keep when you can potentially get two top 10 draftees
Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

Tigers are full of 2024 picks. If they start swapping for 2025 picks be afraid.
thats what I am thinking.

pick 1
pick 6 (for dan rioli)
picks 10 and either 11 or 18 (for shai Bolton)
Pick 14 (for liam baker)

I can see the tigers offer up pick 14 for a future 2025 1st rounder.

Hell, I won't be shocked If pick 10 or 11 was offered for a teams 2025 1st and 2nd

A quick calculation shows in last 6 years ie. trying to include COVID years Gold Coast received a extra 138 million dollars than West Coast from the AFL

If the choice is a first round compensation pick or 138 million dollars into the club's coffers give me the 138 million please
what would you do with 138 million in Cash?

I would buy a house in Peppermint grove and another one in Mirrabooka to be honest. lol

Eagles board is on fire, no support for this trade whatsoever. One of the worst moves in club history. I hated barrass for 14 and a F2 but would have much rather given that up for owies and Baker (who I didn't want anyway)
If your side can nail picks 12 and 72, I don't think the trade isn't as bad if you nail those 2 picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't a successful decision with hindsight
Define "success" .

Pick 8 ended up as Griffin Logue. Pick 32 ended up chosen as Brennan cox or Sean Darcy. But I think it was cox. Pick 72 ended up as Luke Ryan.

I don't care how you spin it. Pick 3 or a top 5 pick to get 3 or 4 solid blokes is a good trade .

Beats using a top 5 pick on a talented kid that ends up having 3 knee recos in a row

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus West Coast Eagles 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back