Confirmed Liam Baker - Now a West Coast Eagle

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Hasn't it been confirmed that offer was never on the table from Hawthorn? I lose track with all the blatant incorrect reporting by the footy media.

Didn't we have 14 + Future 2nd and the sticking point was the Eagles didn't want to send a future 3rd back?

A pick in the late 30s to 40s next year caused your club to implode it's draft hand.

Hilarious.

Surely this means that Baker was seriously considering coming to Freo?

What a desperate move by the Eagles.
Apparently Pyke on radio said our offer for Bolten and baker “showed” WC just how valuable little Liam is….

Oh man it’s looking more and more our “offers” for baker sky rocketed his price for what WC had to pay ….

Just when I thought reading all the details of thid trade couldn’t get any better from a freo perspective… 1728957470957.gif

Dumb as shit when he got where he wanted to go a year early? Baker wouldn't have got us band 1 next year, at best would've been end of R1.

The only person that's come away from this deal looking 'dumb' it Matty Clarke for coughing up pick 3.
I should go back and find their posts about Clarke not being a dud and it's just Richmond fans being bitter.

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Honestly just feeling pity for WCE long suffering supporters

Sure I wanted to “win” the trade

But getting pick 14 when I thought he was worth 16-18 and WCE supporters thought he was worth 21-23 was enough for me

This feels devastating for WCE supporters on the back of a few very tough years

Doesn’t sit well
I mean, they won a flag less than 10 years ago.

Shit deal overall for Eagles but you've got a beauty in Baker. Has been harshly marked in here by most Freo and Eagles fans cos they were stressing about overpaying for him, but the guy is a jet and will become a fan favorite very quickly.
I think the issue he will have is they overpaid for him, so they expect too much from him.

Especially if pick 3 goes well, and pick 12 does not, then he will be in a non win situation.

I think the issue he will have is they overpaid for him, so they expect too much from him.

Especially if pick 3 goes well, and pick 12 does not, then he will be in a non win situation.
Barely.

The real issue is that he was not a good fit for them given the rebuild and the need to hit the draft. Baker always made much more sense for Freo, but Eagles couldn't resist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barely.

The real issue is that he was not a good fit for them given the rebuild and the need to hit the draft. Baker always made much more sense for Freo, but Eagles couldn't resist.
Seems to be talk that Baker wouldn’t go to Freo (maybe because $ were a lot lower)

If so he’s probably taken $ in return for being a whipping boy at WCE due to the way he joined the club

It does sound like it is possible in this draft that the player taken at 12 will be as good or better than the player taken at 3 . . .
It's always possible. The best players overall are rarely taken in the top five (Cripps, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Neale etc). But what you get with a top 3 pick is an almost guarantee of a quality, 200-game player. Picks in the teens are more gambles, with some excelling but just as many not making it.

It's always possible. The best players overall are rarely taken in the top five (Cripps, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Neale etc). But what you get with a top 3 pick is an almost guarantee of a quality, 200-game player. Picks in the teens are more gambles, with some excelling but just as many not making it.
If you were one pick in front of Freo rather than one pick behind and you scored Bo Allen that might go a fair way to easing the pain – the guy looks like a beast

But getting pick 14 when I thought he was worth 16-18 and WCE supporters thought he was worth 21-23 was enough for me

Doesn’t sit well

Are you sure BigFooty is the right place for you ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Or WCE could still score the best KPF in the draft at 12 so if they’d decided that’s what they wanted anyway . . .
Scoring the best KPF in this draft would cap off this trading period nicely. It's the last position we need players in.

Doesn’t sit well
There is no such thing as a long suffering Eagles supporter and there won't be for at least 10 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Liam Baker - Now a West Coast Eagle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back