West Coast Eagles Priority Pick (2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats a very weird comment.

Eagles narrative for two years has been "we are unlucky because of injuries" and we will bounce back fast/

Their performance on field has been absolutely disgraceful and undermined the integrity of the whole comp.

Can you explain what you are "admiring"?

That narrative is perfectly logical from them. To be honest, I’m surprised they’re playing as well as they are despite the horror injury list.

The admiration comes from the attitude it seems the entire club has to try to build themselves up from their bootstraps and not ask for handouts, like other clubs.

In the scenario that West Coast finish with pick 1 & it turns out Harley Reid holds them at gun point and tells straight out "don't draft me, I want to stay in Victoria", then they should be screaming bloody murder to AFL house (internally, not publicly) requesting some additional compensation. Be it additional access to NGA prospects outside of the current requirements for the 2023 draft or a compensation pick of some sort in 2024.

In the scenario that West Coast finish with pick 1 & it turns out Harley Reid holds them at gun point and tells straight out "don't draft me, I want to stay in Victoria", then they should be screaming bloody murder to AFL house (internally, not publicly) requesting some additional compensation. Be it additional access to NGA prospects outside of the current requirements for the 2023 draft or a compensation pick of some sort in 2024.
The kids/players have too much power in general now days.

Yeah tell us about it

That's almost what happened with North and JH-F, who lied to NMFC just so he could have the prestige of going number 1 in his draft year.

That narrative is perfectly logical from them. To be honest, I’m surprised they’re playing as well as they are despite the horror injury list.

The admiration comes from the attitude it seems the entire club has to try to build themselves up from their bootstraps and not ask for handouts, like other clubs.
Playing as well? Are you Adam Simpson's mum?

They have a % of 48.

And the so called "horror injury list" is a total public relations myth. Its BS. Have you actually looked at their injury list? Mostly unknown WAFL players who arent afl standard.

Who are they missing?? Nicnat?

Almost a full side last week.

West Coast Eagles v Richmond

[25] Shannon Hurn, [37] Tom Barrass, [23] Alex Witherden
[14] Liam Duggan, [20] Jeremy McGovern, [5] Jayden Hunt
[7] Reuben Ginbey, [11] Tim Kelly, [19] Brady Hough
[8] Elijah Hewett, [27] Jack Darling, [15] Jamie Cripps
[10] Sam Petrevski-Seton, [12] Oscar Allen, [34] Jack Williams
[32] Bailey J. Williams, [4] Dom Sheed, [13] Luke Shuey
[18] Campbell Chesser, [44] Noah Long, [41] Ryan Maric, [28] Tom Cole

Pretty sure you will find there are very few WCE supporters, players, staff who believe we deserve or require a Priority pick.
At least not ATM.

A wretched run of injuries and declining form from some of the experienced players that are actually available is the main culprit for why they are where they are.

With a decent draft hand last year and this year plus getting many more games into 1st and 2nd year players than expected, the Eagles should be more competitive sooner rather than later.

If they are one win to this point next year then maybe a few will change their tune, but personally I like to be optimistic and hope we will be a bit further up the ladder than bottom.

Pretty sure you will find there are very few WCE supporters, players, staff who believe we deserve or require a Priority pick.
At least not ATM.

A wretched run of injuries and declining form from some of the experienced players that are actually available is the main culprit for why they are where they are.

With a decent draft hand last year and this year plus getting many more games into 1st and 2nd year players than expected, the Eagles should be more competitive sooner rather than later.

If they are one win to this point next year then maybe a few will change their tune, but personally I like to be optimistic and hope we will be a bit further up the ladder than bottom.
Baloney.
My pride will happily move to the side if we get a priority pick. They don't call it a competition for nothing ... take every leverage you can get.

They have a % of 48.

And the horror injury list is a total public relations myth. Its BS. Have you looked at their injury list? Mostly unknown WAFL players who arent afl standard.

Last week was the first time I can remember since round 3 where we could field anything close to a best 22. The weekend prior we literally had 2 cat b rookies available for our reserves side and that was it.

So weird how this thread isn't full of Hawthorn supporters crying about priority picks.

Almost as if their real issue isn't anything to do with priority picks...
Because West Coast, and their supporters, aren't crying that they want a PP. That's why.

Thread should've been locked when Nisbett said WCE wouldn't ask.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have a % of 48.

And the so called "horror injury list" is a total public relations myth. Its BS. Have you actually looked at their injury list? Mostly unknown WAFL players who arent afl standard.

Can't count NictNat - he has been cooked for a few years. He's played one decent year in the past 8. The fact that they have never replaced Dean Cox is an indication of the list management and why that club needs a total cleanout of the board and football department.

For the first time in their clubs history they have endured a few seasons of heart break. The same group of supporters that used to gloat about how powerful they were and never needed any help as they have only had to stay down a few seasons before bouncing back up.

Club has had it good for 30 plus years and there's talk of a priority pick too just because of the North talk? LOL let them rot for another year or 2. I'm sure their flagless little brother down the road would be all for giving them a leg up too.

You cant make this s**t up LMAO
Make what up?

Eddie McGuire's the one who suggested a PP for WCE, not the club or supporters.

Can you even read(you go for Richmond, so I'm presuming not very well...)?

Nah, I'd do it publicly.

The compensation I'd be demanding is Kane Cornes loaded into a cannon and fired into the sun.

Win/win for everyone.

They have a % of 48.

A whole bunch of those players have only returned within the last 3 weeks.

You know we've only had 2x NGA and one or 2 kids on the senior list playing in our WAFL side for the majority of the year, right?

Nah, I'd do it publicly.

The compensation I'd be demanding is Kane Cornes loaded into a cannon and fired into the sun.

Win/win for everyone.

If you promise to send Gerard Wheatley to Uranus, you have a deal !!

Can't count NictNat - he has been cooked for a few years. He's played one decent year in the past 8. The fact that they have never replaced Dean Cox is an indication of the list management and why that club needs a total cleanout of the board and football department.
If you call getting named in the AA side a couple of times in the past few years being cooked, sure.

They have a % of 48.

Nice work cherry picking one week - what was their list like the previous week? Or the weeks previous? It was horrific.

In the spirit of 'fix your own problems', I will say that the one absolute blight on the Eagles is how poor their relationship with their WAFL club is. For a club of their size, stature and money - that's an absolute joke. How much of that is structural problems with the WAFL vs the Eagles not investing enough time and money, I don't know ...

In the spirit of 'fix your own problems', I will say that the one absolute blight on the Eagles is how poor their relationship with their WAFL club is. For a club of their size, stature and money - that's an absolute joke. How much of that is structural problems with the WAFL vs the Eagles not investing enough time and money, I don't know ...
Not allowed to recruit WAFL players, so it's full of ammos.

The problems wouldn't be anywhere near as severe with a reasonable injury list though.

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Eagles Priority Pick (2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back