Game Day West Coast Eagles vs. Sydney Swans - Round 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can blame the coach as much as you want guys, but when all of your players are 2nd to the football and can’t get it in their hands, you can’t blame the coach for that. Our guys are standing around, watching the opposition pick the ball up and are doing absolutely fu** all about it. When we’ve got the ball we are not leading hard and providing options, we’re all standing around waiting for someone else to do the work. We are a team of witches hats because we don’t give a fu**.

Absolutely spot on i dare say those watching only see the camera angles, I'm seeing the complete lack of effort without the ball.

We need Sam Mitchel to slap a few drinks out of the hand. Or slap a few faces at least.

You can blame the coach as much as you want guys, but when all of your players are 2nd to the football and can’t get it in their hands, you can’t blame the coach for that. Our guys are standing around, watching the opposition pick the ball up and are doing absolutely fu** all about it. When we’ve got the ball we are not leading hard and providing options, we’re all standing around waiting for someone else to do the work. We are a team of witches hats because we don’t give a fu**.

previous coaching sackings I've heard the terms "the coach has lost the players" which affects their performance. do you think this has happened here?

Simmo:
tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The friends, family, flags thing was a cute saying at the time… now it really is showing up because the players now have their flag they don’t need to care about the 3rd thing on the list even though thats what a footy club should be about…

The club is to soft to make tough calls on players instead wanting to play the good guys. Venables and rioli should have gone last year. Ah chee always on a one year deal, hutchings getting held onto. Assistant coaches that no one else would hire.. webster no good, heck anyone at east perth can tell you graham isnt a coaches backside no matter what his mate simmo says..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Where's my victory lap posting? It's tragic that we have fallen off a cliff.

When you are defending the indefensible expect to get the piss pulled out of you. I'm simply at whatever number stage "acceptance" is. We have lost our way massively and it's very easy to see that the spiral of the team into a totally uncontested game style is largely responsible. There are no non-negotiables for this playing group.

To have such a huge amount of raw talent in the side and not be able to play football is galling.
Which part of calling the game indefensible was me leaping to the aid of the boys?

this is a disgrace. An absolute clinic. They’re so far off the pace of being competitive today it’s a joke.

I don’t think days like this are representative of who the club or this group are, same as 20 goals wins usually aren’t. We’re a mile off it, Sydney have the bit between their teeth, and they’re likely going to go on with it cause that happens sometimes. You have days where you’re untouchable, and you have days where you’re dogshit.

for a team that is absolute garbage and lucky to be making finals, some of your are sure surprised that we’re playing poorly.

Which part of calling the game indefensible was me leaping to the aid of the boys?

this is a disgrace. An absolute clinic. They’re so far off the pace of being competitive today it’s a joke.

I don’t think days like this are representative of who the club or this group are, same as 20 goals wins usually aren’t. We’re a mile off it, Sydney have the bit between their teeth, and they’re likely going to go on with it cause that happens sometimes. You have days where you’re untouchable, and you have days where you’re dogshit.

for a team that is absolute garbage and lucky to be making finals, some of your are sure surprised that we’re playing poorly.
Yeah you do have days where you're dogshit, but when you have two in a row a pattern starts to emerge.
We're just nowhere near it at the moment and I think a large part of it is our coaching, a combination of poor selections and a game plan that's had it's day

it's not that people are surprised we are playing poorly, I think the surprise is there is no response after last week.

we are getting back to the ken judge and 2010 eras in our performances and it's a cold wind blowing through feeling like that again.

it's been a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back