West Coast Offseason 2013 - We Want Yeo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Got a theory for you guys. Simpson has seen the success of the hawks possession retention game plan at Hawthorn. And as Ash Smith and Sheppard haven't kicked on yet, Waters and Butler are constantly injured and Morton and Bennell still have plenty of Melbourne in them he knows he needs fresh talent from half back.

So he goes after Yeo and Ellis who both offer run and speed. Less convinced on Bootsma but he'd be suited to the bigger ground and playing in space.

If you nailed all 3 you could use Shannon Hurn in a Mundy style role. Considering the rest of the Eagles mids aren't overly tall he would be worth a shot. West Coast can't be overly focussed on Freo but to finish top 8 and top 4 you have to be at least competitive with Freo and at the moment Mundy, Fyfe and Barlow have a size advantage just by turning up.

If I was Adam Simpson and I got in some new blood for half back I'd be trying Hurn in the midfield for up to half a season. I'm not sure anyone would've predicted Mundy to be a gun in the midfield until it happened.

Got a theory for you guys. Simpson has seen the success of the hawks possession retention game plan at Hawthorn. And as Ash Smith and Sheppard haven't kicked on yet, Waters and Butler are constantly injured and Morton and Bennell still have plenty of Melbourne in them he knows he needs fresh talent from half back.

So he goes after Yeo and Ellis who both offer run and speed. Less convinced on Bootsma but he'd be suited to the bigger ground and playing in space.

If you nailed all 3 you could use Shannon Hurn in a Mundy style role. Considering the rest of the Eagles mids aren't overly tall he would be worth a shot. West Coast can't be overly focussed on Freo but to finish top 8 and top 4 you have to be at least competitive with Freo and at the moment Mundy, Fyfe and Barlow have a size advantage just by turning up.

If I was Adam Simpson and I got in some new blood for half back I'd be trying Hurn in the midfield for up to half a season. I'm not sure anyone would've predicted Mundy to be a gun in the midfield until it happened.

Hurn has been trying to get a gig in the midfield for a long time but injury has held him back. First it was groin related and last season he did his achiles.

Eagles need a big mid and Hurn would be great but can his body take it?

Hurn has been trying to get a gig in the midfield for a long time but injury has held him back. First it was groin related and last season he did his achiles.

Eagles need a big mid and Hurn would be great but can his body take it?
I think when Hurn put on a lot of size a couple of seasons ago, it was to help with his strength in marking contests and 1v1 battles with larger forwards. That for me pretty much put to bed any chance of him being developed for a midfield role.

Throw in Yarran plus your first and second rounders and we'll consider it.:D

Bootsma > Yarran.;)

master bate
Thought similar things myseld when they said we where in line for a shot at Ellis. Except i don't see Hurn moving up the ground and think Yeo would be more likely to move onto a wing and potentially into the center if he develops well.

Bootsma is a good kick and athletic, which means he's got more potential than Brennan and Wilson in such medium tall role.

Like your theory but I think we were after Yeo before Simpson was appointed. Would love to see Hurn further up the field but I don't think we can rely on Ellis (too many injuries) and Yeo (played 14 games) to play that rebounding role like hurn does so well on a consistent basis...

Not fair at all.

Brisbane are happy to trade Docherty a pick 12 for pick 28 but want the Eagles pick 24 for Yeo who went at pick 30?

Eagles got shafted with Ebert for pick 28 when he cost us 12ish and is now dominating.

This is what happens with out of contract players. We all cop a raw deal at some stage.:(

Like your theory but I think we were after Yeo before Simpson was appointed. Would love to see Hurn further up the field but I don't think we can rely on Ellis (too many injuries) and Yeo (played 14 games) to play that rebounding role like hurn does so well on a consistent basis...

I don't think Hurn finds enough of the ball to be a midfielder. When he has had brief stints in there he hasn't gone too well. Half back is his spot, but we need another decent rebounding defender (besides Waters whose days are most likely numbered) so opposition can't just sit on him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane are happy to trade Docherty a pick 12 for pick 28 but want the Eagles pick 24 for Yeo who went at pick 30?

Eagles got shafted with Ebert for pick 28 when he cost us 12ish and is now dominating.

This is what happens with out of contract players. We all cop a raw deal at some stage.:(

They're getting gypped by Carlton so they're probably trying to make up for it by squeezing everything out of us.

Exactly this. We should hold firm and take him in the PSD if necessary. Carlton get a great deal and we are meant to pay overs?

How long after the draft do the numbers not mean anything anymore? Obviously they think Yeo has developed more or on par with Doherty.

Because Yeo is better than Docherty. Not really hard to work out.

Just like Tambling was better than Franklin or Pavlich;)

How long did it take to work that out BTW? One year, two years.....three maybe???:D

Lol good post. Where'd WC finish this year? ;) By the way on your theory that Docherty is worth more than Yeo means Tambling is worth more than Buddy.

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Offseason 2013 - We Want Yeo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back