West Coast Offseason 2013 - We Want Yeo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Good move by West Coast if they trade picks with Pies. They'd be eyeing off Sheed or Acres and at least one, probably both will still be avail at pick 11. Then they use 27 on Yeo effectively getting him for free seeing as they get their preferred player with their first selection even after the downgraded pick.

Good move by West Coast if they trade picks with Pies. They'd be eyeing off Sheed or Acres and at least one, probably both will still be avail at pick 11. Then they use 27 on Yeo effectively getting him for free seeing as they get their preferred player with their first selection even after the downgraded pick.
Not a good move until we know Freos position, I say we trade pick 6 for 10,27. Then we wait on Freo to see if they trade pick 33, last minute if nothing's happened we trade pick 27 for Yeo.

But If Freo have no draft picks for Yeo we dont trade and pick him up in the PSD or pick 41.

We then have pick 10,24,27 aswell as Yeo.

Not a good move until we know Freos position, I say we trade pick 6 for 10,27. Then we wait on Freo to see if they trade pick 33, last minute if nothing's happened we trade pick 27 for Yeo.

But If Freo have no draft picks for Yeo we dont trade and pick him up in the PSD or pick 41.

yep if we don't absolutely have to use a pick in the 20s for yeo we shouldn't.would love to use that extra pick ourselves

If we get 27, I'd be happy to give it to Brissy. It will end up being pick 30 which is still a great deal for us. I think giving them pick 30 we can do well for the club, whilst keeping our trade good guy reputation. We'll be dealing with Brissy again, and by not (completely) shafting them it may help in the future.

Lol good post. Where'd WC finish this year? ;) By the way on your theory that Docherty is worth more than Yeo means Tambling is worth more than Buddy.

Eagles finished where they deserved to finish.

Tigers made the finals for the first time this century instead of finishing 9th but for the first time in AFL history an AFL team was knocked out week 1 of the finals by the team who finished ninth.

What a crazy season.:D

Eagles finished where they deserved to finish.

Tigers made the finals for the first time this century instead of finishing 9th but for the first time in AFL history an AFL team was knocked out week 1 of the finals by the team who finished ninth.

What a crazy season.:D

Cool story. Want a medal?

West Coast will most probably be dealing with Brisbane in the future. It is very important to send Brisbane a message. Take the deal or he goes through PSD. If West Coast folds, future WA boy trades will go down the same way. Unfortunately for Brisbane, they're dealing with the big boys now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast will most probably be dealing with Brisbane in the future. It is very important to send Brisbane a message. Take the deal or he goes through PSD. If West Coast folds, future WA boy trades will go down the same way. Unfortunately for Brisbane, they're dealing with the big boys now.

Yep, after the way we put Port in their place they must be shaking in their boots!

Who would we delist to fit those players and picks in?

I don't think we are planning to use that third pick, unless we delist two more players, which I can't see happening (although there are a couple of players who I'd be happy to cull)

Who would we delist to fit those players and picks in?
The timing of the rookie upgrades was strange. We made the call pre-draft and before we had confirmed our new senior coach.

Our drafting, trading and overall list management strategies, bar talent retention are starting to look decidedly average.

I suspect we will only use the two live picks, which still means we have to de-list two more players, if we pick up Yeo.

3AW just reported WC will sign Everitt from Sydney.

Interesting. If they do then I wouldn't be surprised to see Mitch Brown go to the Saints for one of those later 2nd round picks.

Both the Saints and Brown wanted a trade last season but with no ready replacement for Glass the Eagles said no. With Everitt the Eagles would have MacKenzie, Schofield and Everitt as KP backs with bigger HBFers in Wilson, Hurn and Waters.

Interesting. If they do then I wouldn't be surprised to see Mitch Brown go to the Saints for one of those later 2nd round picks.

Both the Saints and Brown wanted a trade last season but with no ready replacement for Glass the Eagles said no. With Everitt the Eagles would have MacKenzie, Schofield and Everitt as KP backs with bigger HBFers in Wilson, Hurn and Waters.
Everitt isn't strong enough to play key back. And has no experience there. That would be a bad idea imo

With the addition of Yeo and Ellis, we will still need to de-list two more players right?

Yeah - as far as I understand it...

Retired: Embley, Nicoski, A.Selwood, Hams, Dick, Kerr
Upgraded rookies: Tunbridge, McGovern, Bennell
Traded in: X.Ellis, maybe Yeo

(I think) 4/5 in, 6 out - so we need to cut as many as we want to Draft in.
Not sure the status of the contract for Newman.

Everitt isn't strong enough to play key back. And has no experience there. That would be a bad idea imo

And would require another cut to the list if Everitt & Yeo are traded in.

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Offseason 2013 - We Want Yeo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back