Preview West Coast vs Essendon, Perth Stadium, Thursday 21/06/18 @ 8:10 PM AEDT

Who will score more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The general mood around here is that we have blown it and wont make the finals. The interesting thing is though that one half of a season doesn't necessarily tell you much about the other half. Form is a big factor of course so you sort of have to look at whether a teams form is representative of the teams ability from the available list. In our case i think we can all agree that we have under performed, particularly given that injury wise we are not too badly off. People also tend to think that we should win the easy games and lose the harder ones, but i don't think that rule applies very well to a good side. A good side can beat anyone on their day and yet the competition is even enough for a poor team to beat a good one if they don't turn up.
If you look at the season as starting again this week with those points in mind, i personally would expect us to do better than in the first half. That would get us at the very least, really close to playing finals. A win this week would be massive in that context.

Finals shouldn’t really be the target anymore, it’s mathematically possible, but it’s statistically close to impossible.

Our fixture is tougher second half too.

Just settling on a strong best 22 and playing the best footy we can should be the goal.

Folks, as much as I hate to say it, West Coast has a winning culture and plays with a lot of pride, particularly at home. They won’t lose two in a row, particularly at home against the 13th side. Our culture has become one of mediocrity and enthusiasm for telling stories about how we lost (versus just winning). We haven’t been in the winning culture punctuated by ferocity and pride (like WCE is now) since 2000. I’m not sure what our brand is now or for the last 18 years, but it feels more based on mediocrity and wishy washy future ‘hope’ versus getting hard-nosed results and getting the job done. WC will have banked these points already unfortunately :(
And against the cats? Explain that result. I bet you thought the exact same thing. If it's been so hard for you for 18 years then why are you here talking about the bombers? Geeze so negative

Last edited:
Good luck Bombers, you blokes are better than your win/loss suggests this season, I think we're in for a close game.

As long as its a good match. Big fan of Thursday footy so hopefully can enjoy us being on the big stage.

Goodluck to you guys too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finals shouldn’t really be the target anymore, it’s mathematically possible, but it’s statistically close to impossible.

Our fixture is tougher second half too.

Just settling on a strong best 22 and playing the best footy we can should be the goal.
Agreed. If it all works out and we make 8th that's a bonus

Welcome. But what's with the WC invasion?

We're just a friendly sorta bunch who like to have a bit of a chat with oppo fans before gameday. Maybe drop by a preview thread and let others know our projected ins and outs, maybe see if we can work out the same thing from other posters. Promotes discussion across both boards.

That's by Kim Hagdorn. Lets just say that he is less than accurate on West Coast injuries...

Oh well...Barrass out according to AFL.com. Kennedy very doubtful. We’re a slight chance now

Out: Dea, green, Brown
In: Clarke, Stewart, Francis

We were a couple of mods down against Brissy, luckily they didn’t bat too deep.

Will need to bring in one for this week!

Walls and Raz need to stay home more and apply some serious forward pressure. Sydney shown the blueprint. Forward pressure. They don’t like it, starve their defenders of time with the footy.
Stewart just attacked everything in the VFL could have kicked 4 but gave off 2 or 3 over the top.

FB : Francis hooker Saad
HB: McKenna Hurley Redman
C: McGrath Heppell guelfi
HF: Smith Stewart* Tipinguiti
FF: Stringer Mckernan Fantasia
Foll: Bellchambers Merrett Clarke*
Int: Myers Baguley Langford Goddard (just)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Out: Dea, green, Brown
In: Clarke, Stewart, Francis

We were a couple of mods down against Brissy, luckily they didn’t bat too deep.

Will need to bring in one for this week!

Walls and Raz need to stay home more and apply some serious forward pressure. Sydney shown the blueprint. Forward pressure. They don’t like it, starve their defenders of time with the footy.
Stewart just attacked everything in the VFL could have kicked 4 but gave off 2 or 3 over the top.

FB : Francis hooker Saad
HB: McKenna Hurley Redman
C: McGrath Heppell guelfi
HF: Smith Stewart* Tipinguiti
FF: Stringer Mckernan Fantasia
Foll: Bellchambers Merrett Clarke*
Int: Myers Baguley Langford Goddard (just)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was it Doss and Lore? Huge outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back