Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

If the kid is good enough the coach would have had him on the ground for longer.
If he's better than he showed in his limited time on the ground then thats his fault for not taking the opportunity he had.
We won so I think well done Bruce he got it right.

watch both games on Saturday and was disappointed in the under 18 to see that the bench players did not get much of a run for the SA side, was that due to rotation or the clubs they played for???
I am a bit disappointed in your comments about the SA coach and bench players, may I point out a few facts that you may have missed. 1. If you were watching all 4 players got runs at time during the game. 2. The Vics also limited the use of the bench and no comment about that. 3 The game was of a high standard I thought and both sides wanted to win "NOT JUST SA" 4. It is a higher level game than club footy and if you ask any of those boys that played if they wanted to be nice or to win the game I think I know what the answer would be ???
I also know both coaches well and there commitment to this league and their clubs is unquestioned so I think it is in poor taste to critise people who work hard for their clubs and the league.
But you are entitled to your opinion which I respect so respect the efforts of others

Whilst talking about interleague, was a bit dissapointed to hear that the players weren't looked after all that well. As everyone knows football is a buisness, and should be run profesionally as you can, espescially from the head people of the league. To hear that there was no valuables bags for the boys, the jumper number and sizes were messed up, and to only put on a few jugs, powerades etc for the boys is crap. The league has plenty of money, look at the Geelong and Districts league, everything was put on a tab for them and put on. If you want the best players out there each year representing the league you have to look after them, and i definately think there could be improvements. Look at Marc Turri, he did a great job and had ambitions of making the afl and got there. David Heard pull your finger out, you get paid to much!!!!!

Whilst talking about interleague, was a bit dissapointed to hear that the players weren't looked after all that well. As everyone knows football is a buisness, and should be run profesionally as you can, espescially from the head people of the league. To hear that there was no valuables bags for the boys, the jumper number and sizes were messed up, and to only put on a few jugs, powerades etc for the boys is crap. The league has plenty of money, look at the Geelong and Districts league, everything was put on a tab for them and put on. If you want the best players out there each year representing the league you have to look after them, and i definately think there could be improvements. Look at Marc Turri, he did a great job and had ambitions of making the afl and got there. David Heard pull your finger out, you get paid to much!!!!!
hit the nail on the head!

Reading the borderwatch today I see rod morris has called imps, casterton and heywood minnows. This guy seems to be heavily opinionated on some clubs - what is his background? Does he have some credibility? Did he even play the game

Reading the borderwatch today I see rod morris has called imps, casterton and heywood minnows. This guy seems to be heavily opinionated on some clubs - what is his background? Does he have some credibility? Did he even play the game

His background is that he is a complete and utter knob jockey.

His background is that he is a complete and utter knob jockey.

Did hear some speculation that he got caught stealing an amount of money from a club in tassie, a pretty substantial amount and that is the main reason he ended up over here. Think everyone thinks of him the same way. He gets all of his info of the net. He doesn't do the hard work and report properly.

You guys want to get that rubbish off of here - its no wonder no-one uses this forum any more. Personal attacks on players isnt on. These comments are nothing more than gutless

WhatTheFunkRe: Western Border Football League - 2011
Gascoyne and murray are the most useless heaps of shit in this league - you idiots don't pay them do you? If I was millicent id sack your a grade and play your netballers or better yet **** off back to the mid se. I cant wait to play u losers again

you are right millicent there so good when there no you just hit that on the head whatthefunk

Blokes like you that bring this forum down..As for you Timmsy 12, you struggle to put a sentence together.. and you have the nerve to lash out at these players?..

Did hear some speculation that he got caught stealing an amount of money from a club in tassie, a pretty substantial amount and that is the main reason he ended up over here. Think everyone thinks of him the same way. He gets all of his info of the net. He doesn't do the hard work and report properly.

Bring back J. Shirley! ;)

Back to footy talk. How much will Hamilton beat Portland? After the performance they put in against east I think Hamilton are the better team.
How can you say Hamilton to beat Portland? Portland won away from home against East and Hamilton lost to North in Hamilton. Portland undefeated and were not at full strength against East-no Imbi's, Stiles. Portland should only get better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can you say Hamilton to beat Portland? Portland won away from home against East and Hamilton lost to North in Hamilton. Portland undefeated and were not at full strength against East-no Imbi's, Stiles. Portland should only get better.

You guys must have massive numbers at the portland footy club - 10000+ people + 1 club. How many guys are missing out on a game each week?

You guys must have massive numbers at the portland footy club - 10000+ people + 1 club. How many guys are missing out on a game each week?

agree with u there bulldogs, a town the size of portland could probably support 2 sides but in there defence they feed westerns, tyrendarra and heathmere in the south west along with players from heywood living in portland...

So far Portland is the side to beat, though they have played North, South and West at home. West is in exactly the same position as last year, with dropping 2 games, think North will only get better with getting a few of there better players on the park together, East could beat anyone on the day and South have done well with everyone riding them off early in the year. Think this will be the top 5 going into finals!!

So far Marcus England is favourite for the medal followed very closely by Josh Ransom.

in response to what was said.... yes player insults are not good....but.............when youre talking about how those two boys have played (gascoyne and murray) then its aloud.....and i think it is ok becaust they are payed players. if they dont like it then dont get payed. i think if ur talking about kids or match payment players fair enough its not on but if u r a player that puts ur hands out for money than you cop watever you deserve. and they havent exactly had one ot two bad games., they have been terrible all year. couldnt happen to a better side really...maybe millicent can now stop being so full of ya selves now.. also nearly agree with ya top5 prediction except i think hamilton will get in ahead of east. so itll be portland,west,north,south, hamilton. great effort from south and hamilton, both teams copt a fair bit of punishment on hear and would be happy if they could get themselves in finals this year. And if east didnt make finals would you think theyd be dissapointed, you couldnt say that they have improved since last year. i personally think east are underachieving big time. but get to use the "young" tag to get away with their performance. Lastly, yes marcus england for medal and i dont think josh ransom has had as good a year as last year, id say brad wilson or tom holmesor simon berfield. and roughies to be Pat perry from north who has had a huge year and jon agnew from millicent.... any responses??????

in response to what was said.... yes player insults are not good....but.............when youre talking about how those two boys have played (gascoyne and murray) then its aloud.....and i think it is ok becaust they are payed players. if they dont like it then dont get payed. i think if ur talking about kids or match payment players fair enough its not on but if u r a player that puts ur hands out for money than you cop watever you deserve. and they havent exactly had one ot two bad games., they have been terrible all year. couldnt happen to a better side really...maybe millicent can now stop being so full of ya selves now.. also nearly agree with ya top5 prediction except i think hamilton will get in ahead of east. so itll be portland,west,north,south, hamilton. great effort from south and hamilton, both teams copt a fair bit of punishment on hear and would be happy if they could get themselves in finals this year. And if east didnt make finals would you think theyd be dissapointed, you couldnt say that they have improved since last year. i personally think east are underachieving big time. but get to use the "young" tag to get away with their performance. Lastly, yes marcus england for medal and i dont think josh ransom has had as good a year as last year, id say brad wilson or tom holmesor simon berfield. and roughies to be Pat perry from north who has had a huge year and jon agnew from millicent.... any responses??????

Millicent arrogant and full of themselves....sounds like your typical A grade side to me. Stringer and berkfield both in good form - might steal votes from one another, brad vassal casterton has been in the best I think nearly every game. Marcus england best player in the league will probably win it, berkfield runner up

Millicent arrogant and full of themselves....sounds like your typical A grade side to me. Stringer and berkfield both in good form - might steal votes from one another, brad vassal casterton has been in the best I think nearly every game. Marcus england best player in the league will probably win it, berkfield runner up

Just checked that stat about being in the best every game and found only two others. Correct me if im wrong someone. Agree with England prediction though. Other noteables.

S. Berkfield - South
B. Vassal - Casterton
H. Brown - Portland

3 haven't dropped a game in the best year. Would be expecting Wilson and Davey from West to do exceptionally well along with Stringer and Agnew so far to date

firstly lets get it right, with the peanuts in orange doing the voting, any one could win it due to the fact the best on ground can come from a side that gets beaten by 30 goals, which is redonkulus.

whats up with west magoos, performing well this year, rig what going on there

firstly lets get it right, with the peanuts in orange doing the voting, any one could win it due to the fact the best on ground can come from a side that gets beaten by 30 goals, which is redonkulus.

whats up with west magoos, performing well this year, rig what going on there

They've been getting it right so far - so you really do know stuff all!!! And to get a best on ground performance while getting beaten by 30 goals would require a fair effort and full credit to someone who can do it.

Do you Know they are getting paid?
If so how much are they being paid? May be able to get them for a discounted price at East next year?
If you have a bad week at work do you give your pay back?
East are underachieving? We werent far off the Top side last week!

Do you Know they are getting paid?
If so how much are they being paid? May be able to get them for a discounted price at East next year?
If you have a bad week at work do you give your pay back?
East are underachieving? We werent far off the Top side last week!

So Akers 29....you play for east and used to play for millicent? Any news on our boys up at kyby

east may have went well last week but still sitting outside 5,,, im just saying if at the end of the year if they dont make finals they have underachieved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back