Western Border Football League - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sorry for the new bloke in charge of the umpires as not only is he struggling for good quality umpires but he is also battling internal politics with a certain person. I still have contacts within the umpiring body having retired 9 years ago and I have asked the question is the past president of Millicent and also the A grade runner club umpires or official umpires and the reply is they are official umpires not club but can only do Millicent games. Which is a bit strange to then call them official umps I would have thought that makes them club umpires but I suppose they would`nt get paid if they were club umpires and it was interesting to see them both do a game together and of course you know who won. And on the Millicent crowd I from first hand experience how abusive they can get and I also know that there are a number of current umpires who refuse to go and umpire at Millicent

Of course Millicent reserves didnt win those games ,the two guys in question where umpriring cos their reserves team was better than the opposition... god no.

Did you happen to see the Reserves at South, where at least one maybe both (cant remember) where umpiring, where Millicent got smashed by a far better team?

Do agree that there are certain individuals that give Millicent supporters a bad name. But dont paint all of us with the same brush. Having been to most of the grounds this year there really isnt a lot of difference with some teams supporters.

Off to Blue Lake Sports Park tomorrow, hopefully Heywood can change their form around this side of the border. looking forward to a cracking contest :thumbsu:

Hi fellas, I was just having a look on the sportingpulse website at the results from last round.... I can't believe how old the side North is fielding is. Most of the blokes running round (and obviously still playing well) are my vintage or older and I'm 33. Don't get me wrong, I think guys like Fletty, Jamie O'Neill, Brooka etc are all quality players but surely they must be slowing up a bit? Looking through that side, there is at least 10-11 players well into their 30s. :eek: Hell, I was never much chop, but I play old boys footy up here (over 30s) and even that is a stretch for me so I can't imagine how those fellas are pulling up each week after playing at the top level (for the district). Is anyone on here a Northie, are those guys on modified/restricted training programmes or are they all just machines?

Of course Millicent reserves didnt win those games ,the two guys in question where umpriring cos their reserves team was better than the opposition... god no.

Did you happen to see the Reserves at South, where at least one maybe both (cant remember) where umpiring, where Millicent got smashed by a far better team?

Do agree that there are certain individuals that give Millicent supporters a bad name. But dont paint all of us with the same brush. Having been to most of the grounds this year there really isnt a lot of difference with some teams supporters.
My appoligies if you miss understood my comments I was not painting all Millicent supporters with the same brush, all I was saying is that there are a number of umpires who have had enough of the abuse they get from as you say certain over the top supporters and refuse to umpire there. My other point is that the two people from Millicent are either official umpires ( and that means they will go and umpire where they are appointed ) or club umpires and only do Millicent games, and yes I did see the South v Millicent reserves and you are right the better and more skillful side did win on the day dispite the club umpire.

I feel sorry for the new bloke in charge of the umpires as not only is he struggling for good quality umpires but he is also battling internal politics with a certain person. I still have contacts within the umpiring body having retired 9 years ago and I have asked the question is the past president of Millicent and also the A grade runner club umpires or official umpires and the reply is they are official umpires not club but can only do Millicent games. Which is a bit strange to then call them official umps I would have thought that makes them club umpires but I suppose they would`nt get paid if they were club umpires and it was interesting to see them both do a game together and of course you know who won. And on the Millicent crowd I from first hand experience how abusive they can get and I also know that there are a number of current umpires who refuse to go and umpire at Millicent
I think you will find that these so called Millicent umpires only umpire Millicent games because they have put their hand up when the umpire fraternity are short, otherwise they would not umpire as they follow the Millicent games and have kids involved. Are there any club umpires?? Why would you drag umpires to Millicent and pay them petrol money if you had umpires on the door step? From what i have seen these blokes Umpire a hell of a lot better than others. At least they have actually played a few games and know a bit about it!

Off to Blue Lake Sports Park tomorrow, hopefully Heywood can change their form around this side of the border. looking forward to a cracking contest :thumbsu:

Heywood are way off the mark. They would be carrying 12 guys in that team who are either not good enough or scared to put the body on the line.
The same guys that look like superstars against lesser opposition and become invisible against the better teams. I didn't think I would pot Heywood this year but seriously, the coach must be pulling his hair out. Too much is asked of by a few.
And to top things off we have Portland this week.
There is a very strong possibility that we could miss finals all together. :thumbsdown:

Three players in the sunraysia league were suspended for 1 game for inadequate excuses for missing the recent interleague game has this happened any where else?

yep nathan bennett from portland got suspended for it in the past. surprise surprise
Don`t get on the Poor Portland being picked on again you needed to add to your statement that Wade Ryan and Steve Hunter were also suspended for not playing Interleague a few years back and in the same year a couple of Portland players missed being suspended for non appearance at interleague, but of recent times no one has been put in that position of being suspended for lack of interest in interleague including a couple of Portland players.

I think you will find that these so called Millicent umpires only umpire Millicent games because they have put their hand up when the umpire fraternity are short, otherwise they would not umpire as they follow the Millicent games and have kids involved. Are there any club umpires?? Why would you drag umpires to Millicent and pay them petrol money if you had umpires on the door step? From what i have seen these blokes Umpire a hell of a lot better than others. At least they have actually played a few games and know a bit about it!
You have missed my point, and that is they are being paid by the SEFUL to umpire so that makes them official umpires of the league so they should then be able to be sent to any game not just Millicent games the same as any umpire is. The second point is if they are club, yes there is such a thing as club umpires and they are used by the home club when the umpires panel are short of umpires.Then they should not be paid by the SEFUL and the opposition side should be informed of such as is done by the Victorian Panel. That is my point I am not against them umpiring but at least be up front of what they are official or club umpires. And one last point it is interesting to see you say you are happy to have them every week doing the reserves as they are helping the league, but I did note that your club was on it`s high horse when a umpire did your senior games for three weeks in a row and stating that they should not being more the two in a row. What has changed your mine now

What is everyones opinions on the Heywood V Portland this weekend? The stage is set for one of the biggest crowds the Western Border Football League has ever seen! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is everyones opinions on the Heywood V Portland this weekend? The stage is set for one of the biggest crowds the Western Border Football League has ever seen! :)
I hope it will be a great crowd. Poor planning by the WBFL playing it June long weekend. I'm going to miss it and I know quite a lot of others will be heading away too. Portland by 10 goals.

You have missed my point, and that is they are being paid by the SEFUL to umpire so that makes them official umpires of the league so they should then be able to be sent to any game not just Millicent games the same as any umpire is. The second point is if they are club, yes there is such a thing as club umpires and they are used by the home club when the umpires panel are short of umpires.Then they should not be paid by the SEFUL and the opposition side should be informed of such as is done by the Victorian Panel. That is my point I am not against them umpiring but at least be up front of what they are official or club umpires. And one last point it is interesting to see you say you are happy to have them every week doing the reserves as they are helping the league, but I did note that your club was on it`s high horse when a umpire did your senior games for three weeks in a row and stating that they should not being more the two in a row. What has changed your mine now
Dont recall saying anything about Umpires doing 3 seniors in a row?? Whats the big deal about them being club or official umpires?? Who gives a toss? Millicent is not my club?? You must have me confused?? Dont give a stuff who umpires as long as they do the job properly! Do you know that these umpires are being paid? What about local lads doing the boundary, is that ok? So what your saying is these Millicent Umpires should be sent to Mt Gambier to umpire and Mt Gambier umpire's come to Millicent to umpire? Thats a bit Irish isnt it? Stuff everyone around to please a few whingers mmmmm

It looks more like a south V north grand final this year with south winning it again :mad:

Well I must admit South are the best team that I have seen thus far this season.

However I will reserve my judgement on North. Saw them the first round and I though they were pretty ordinary and lucky not to get beaten by 10 goals +. Perhaps they have improved a lot since then and I guess I will see in a couple of weeks. But not sure why you have said a couple of times that they will be in the GF. Only just made it in the 5 this week.

Its such an even year.. one game between top and sixth... it can really depend on what happens on the day and how teams matchup on each other.

Question for Heywood fans.. where did Mal Michael play last weekend?

Question for Heywood fans.. where did Mal Michael play last weekend?[/quote]

As the coach said at the quarter time huddle. " It's liking moving deck chairs on the titanic".
He played CHF, FF, on ball, CHB, anywhere to plug the holes on a very leaky ship due to Souths dominance.

I think it would have crossed the coaches mind to play him at FB and Johns at CHB. But then, who do you kick the ball to???????????????????????.

Question for Heywood fans.. where did Mal Michael play last weekend?
As the coach said at the quarter time huddle. " It's liking moving deck chairs on the titanic".
He played CHF, FF, on ball, CHB, anywhere to plug the holes on a very leaky ship due to Souths dominance.
I think it would have crossed the coaches mind to play him at FB and Johns at CHB. But then, who do you kick the ball to???????????????????????.
So after two convincing losses, will Sinclair change where his twin towers play? You'd think maybe in the backline against Portland, after what happened last week?

I think Mal should play CHB, FB and leave Johns up forward. Of course it will depend what happens around the ground.

I think Mal should play CHB, FB and leave Johns up forward. Of course it will depend what happens around the ground.
Surely Heywood must have other decent players. Haven't seen them play. Maybe Mal will have to play on England..joke. Its a big year for Heywood so some other players need to suck it up because missing the finals would be a very very bad result for Heywood after there big recruitment drive.

Surely Heywood must have other decent players. Haven't seen them play. Maybe Mal will have to play on England..joke. Its a big year for Heywood so some other players need to suck it up because missing the finals would be a very very bad result for Heywood after there big recruitment drive.

If heywood dont make finals, will johns and big mal stick around next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back