Western Border Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
can confirm west, drive past regularly myself as i live rather close and last week was the highest with no more than 15 on the tack, most week/nights there would have been no more than half a dozen - eight on the track, tough gig for browny, in fact i think that there are more numbers at the female soccer trainings, perhaps they could merge, definetely would save some money on transporting players

What's the word on East. The base must have been there last year to make the Grand Final. Can they achieve that level again.

Dont think Matty Kluzek is back, little piece with the new president( Steve van Schaik) in the Border watch today says they've got some good new players, no names mentioned though, maybe i should ask Scooter,he'll know!!:D

east signed Jason Dawe, he told north that he wouldn't play for east, but money is multi lingual, apparently they have a few new talls but hasn't been much more news on them, would think they will be around the mark but losing Kluzek places a increased emphasis on larcombe, lost a quality junior in sutherland, good move by him as he is too good a kid to get mixed up with the crap that has historically been associated with east

wade ryan would be a good smokie

Yeah I agree mate. Larcombe is a gun, but he's somewhat inconsistent and Capewell, well, I don't even know if he's definitely playing or not this season, then Ryan looks the good.

A lot depends on Abrahamson at Casterton and Grant Ewing at Imps. If Ewing plays in the midfield then no, but if he's a deadset centre half-forward then look out.

east signed Jason Dawe, he told north that he wouldn't play for east, but money is multi lingual, apparently they have a few new talls but hasn't been much more news on them, would think they will be around the mark but losing Kluzek places a increased emphasis on larcombe, lost a quality junior in sutherland, good move by him as he is too good a kid to get mixed up with the crap that has historically been associated with east

Reportedly Matt Ellis is back at East. He's a pretty handy CHF. Star in 2005.

well to be honest we are getting around 35 at training mondays and wednesday are alot quieter to about 25 because of touch football and cricket commitments - that takes probably 10-15 players out.
matty ellis is still carrying a bit of beef he could be a gun but he needs to get fit and i dont see him doing that.
Wado Ryan is an absolute gun and i could see him blitzing it this year...and remember he's still 20-very casual
north are looking much more youthful this year with half a dozen under19's a good chance to play seniors and have an impact.
i work with a westie and he reports that if they get 15 they are happy but its usually just 10 at training....dissapointing. but they are flying in 3-4 from melbourne each week who know the assistant coach.
portland will win again, but i think it'll be very close from then on between north, east, casterton, hamilton and maybe south.

jazzman, are u a player in the wbfl? or just a supporter? are there any other players here posting?
lollipop i think i know who you are

well to be honest we are getting around 35 at training mondays and wednesday are alot quieter to about 25 because of touch football and cricket commitments - that takes probably 10-15 players out.
matty ellis is still carrying a bit of beef he could be a gun but he needs to get fit and i dont see him doing that.
Wado Ryan is an absolute gun and i could see him blitzing it this year...and remember he's still 20-very casual
north are looking much more youthful this year with half a dozen under19's a good chance to play seniors and have an impact.
i work with a westie and he reports that if they get 15 they are happy but its usually just 10 at training....dissapointing. but they are flying in 3-4 from melbourne each week who know the assistant coach.
portland will win again, but i think it'll be very close from then on between north, east, casterton, hamilton and maybe south.
Correct me if i'm wrong but when they (West) signed Steve ELLIS as the assistant coach was'nt he going to live in the mount !? maybe they might have to fork out another 800 bucks a game to fly Joey Cotton over from the island, in another twist i hear they fell through on a getting some players over from tassie...

Correct me if i'm wrong but when they (West) signed Steve ELLIS as the assistant coach was'nt he going to live in the mount !? maybe they might have to fork out another 800 bucks a game to fly Joey Cotton over from the island, in another twist i hear they fell through on a getting some players over from tassie...

Gday people am new to this forum have been reading some interesting comments and opinions and have generally enjoyed the banter !!!
Just to clear a minor matter I think there are 2 chances of Joey suiting up for west and they are none & f@#k all !! He is having a crack with the Tassie Devils in the VFL this year and if not playing with them is suiting up with Penguin he laughed pretty hard when quizzed on the West connection !! He and a mate from Norwood are heading to South America at seasons end.
I agree with Northguns on Ellis is good when fit but that is pretty rare I think Portland will be pretty hard to toss ;)

Gday people am new to this forum have been reading some interesting comments and opinions and have generally enjoyed the banter !!!
Just to clear a minor matter I think there are 2 chances of Joey suiting up for west and they are none & f@#k all !! He is having a crack with the Tassie Devils in the VFL this year and if not playing with them is suiting up with Penguin he laughed pretty hard when quizzed on the West connection !! He and a mate from Norwood are heading to South America at seasons end.
I agree with Northguns on Ellis is good when fit but that is pretty rare I think Portland will be pretty hard to toss ;)
I knew Joey was heading overseas, had plans fa the world cup in the West Indies...must be better surf in South America.
Most that were close to him knew he would'nt come back here even if Brown coached in the WB again, hope he knuckles down with the Devils and has a fair dinkem crack joey...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rowe from South Gambier has signed with Tantanoola in Mid South East League, presumably he'd be a bit loss to South G, i've heard hes been one of the best midfielders in WBL in last few years.

Rowe from South Gambier has signed with Tantanoola in Mid South East League, presumably he'd be a bit loss to South G, i've heard hes been one of the best midfielders in WBL in last few years.

My oath. Losing Rowe and Howard in the one season is not good news for South.

heard west had a trial game on the weekend how did they go? were they playing tanta

heard west had a trial game on the weekend how did they go? were they playing tanta

They played mid south east club Tantanoola and got thumped by about 12 g, talking to a fella today that played for tant and he said they were ordinary !! He actually felt sorry for Browny...struggling big time they are.

Is anyone heading to Portland to watch their team in the pre-season cup? I hope for the sake of the competition West can find some solutions soon.

Hamilton could still be a team to watch apperantly Daniel Gunn is returning from Lake Wendoree and Simon Hatherell from Shepparton United. Its pretty late in the year but has anyone else heard this? Both solid proven players in major leagues?

Word is Peter Shepherd will have a run in this weekend's Elastoplast Cup for Heywood.
There are mixed messages on this though, as a couple of Heywood boys I know were unaware of the supposed Shep's Second Coming.
He would be very handy though, as the boys certainly knows how to find the ball and the goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back