Western Region FL - Division One

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Footscray are training Mondays and Wednesdays 6pm at wests ground i was there last night about 25 local kids just no expireance there plenty of fit kids the feeling there was pretty good few were telling best 1st night since premiership years i was expecting 10 players max if u r experianced and want to offer some of your talents to these kids get to west it would be most welcomed i reckon there was no Bones nor Lucas McGhie whats happened to Chickie:mad:

How are you lot looking for maintaining players from last year?
Have you re -signed or signed any players yet?
Will be a long year if not, and will surely be hard to keep players if the season looks as bleak as the last! Should have had the choice to drop back to Div 2.

First time I've been on here so don't know if I'm doing this right but just thought I'd jump on and throw a positive spin on things for a change. First of all to the blokes that wait for someone to say something constructive about their team or club and then shoot them down in flames why don't you stop wasting your time and ours and piss off to another forum.

To all the guys that give us updates and news on how their teams are travelling, keep up the good work. I'm certainly interested that Wests have had good numbers at training and that Sunshine have signed some quality players, etc.

I am involved at Albion and I'm amazed that every time something good about the club gets mentioned on here there's 4 or 5 ********s pissing all over it. Probably the same guys that go to the footy and bag everyone all day, their own players included, because it makes them feel better about their own inadequacies.

For the record, we have worked tirelessly through our President Terry Cooper and his committee to ensure the club retains all of our current list. Yes we've gone out and recruited because we realised that the team we had in 2009 was not quite good enough and yes we'll lose some players along the way that we might not want to but who doesn't?

In saying that our coach and recruiting staff have specifically targeted quality players that have a connection to the club in some way. All players are asked to sign 2 year contracts and all are signed with performance reviews in place.

As for our recruits, the list reads like this so far - John Bell (hard midfielder), Rama & Hana Pekes (goalkicking midfielders), Marcus Smith & Jamie Laverde (ex Tullamarine, quick forward & tough wingman), James Watts (quality tough on baller) & Jayson Watts (stong key position).

The club is still talking to a number of quality players and we will do everything we can to be successful in our 50th year in the competition. With players like Butina, Richards, Pearce & Middleton all expected to have full seasons and the continuing development of some excellent juniors the club can be very happy with where they are heading. All the old guard of Tymms (captain for 2010), Hewat, B & M Davis, Stephens, Haldane & Foreman are all staying as are recent recruits Bonnici, Philpot & Bloomfield (contrary to the dribble posted on here by uneducated delinquents).

So there you go, enough of the Albion hour. Good luck to all teams, this is my first and last post although I will continue to read on with interest. Try and stay positive and remember that the league will go backwards without the influx of new recruits from other comps so don't bag them and the clubs for having a go, embrace them for making the comp better.

Cheers

First time I've been on here so don't know if I'm doing this right but just thought I'd jump on and throw a positive spin on things for a change. First of all to the blokes that wait for someone to say something constructive about their team or club and then shoot them down in flames why don't you stop wasting your time and ours and piss off to another forum.

To all the guys that give us updates and news on how their teams are travelling, keep up the good work. I'm certainly interested that Wests have had good numbers at training and that Sunshine have signed some quality players, etc.

I am involved at Albion and I'm amazed that every time something good about the club gets mentioned on here there's 4 or 5 ********s pissing all over it. Probably the same guys that go to the footy and bag everyone all day, their own players included, because it makes them feel better about their own inadequacies.

For the record, we have worked tirelessly through our President Terry Cooper and his committee to ensure the club retains all of our current list. Yes we've gone out and recruited because we realised that the team we had in 2009 was not quite good enough and yes we'll lose some players along the way that we might not want to but who doesn't?

In saying that our coach and recruiting staff have specifically targeted quality players that have a connection to the club in some way. All players are asked to sign 2 year contracts and all are signed with performance reviews in place.

As for our recruits, the list reads like this so far - John Bell (hard midfielder), Rama & Hana Pekes (goalkicking midfielders), Marcus Smith & Jamie Laverde (ex Tullamarine, quick forward & tough wingman), James Watts (quality tough on baller) & Jayson Watts (stong key position).

The club is still talking to a number of quality players and we will do everything we can to be successful in our 50th year in the competition. With players like Butina, Richards, Pearce & Middleton all expected to have full seasons and the continuing development of some excellent juniors the club can be very happy with where they are heading. All the old guard of Tymms (captain for 2010), Hewat, B & M Davis, Stephens, Haldane & Foreman are all staying as are recent recruits Bonnici, Philpot & Bloomfield (contrary to the dribble posted on here by uneducated delinquents).

So there you go, enough of the Albion hour. Good luck to all teams, this is my first and last post although I will continue to read on with interest. Try and stay positive and remember that the league will go backwards without the influx of new recruits from other comps so don't bag them and the clubs for having a go, embrace them for making the comp better.

Cheers

Best post I have read on this thread. Surely you can't hang up the BF boots? Do you think Pearce can make an impact at a top 5 div1 club?

Cheers

Fair Post but it is a forum and people state things factoral or ill informed about opposition clubs so get use to it. Things that I have stated about Albion have come to fruition in most cases + everything you have stated is standing up for YOUR club which majority of people do anyway. As for recruits coming out of Sunshine expect something by next week:thumbsu:

and the continuing development of some excellent juniors the club can be very happy with where they are heading.

this is my first and last post although I will continue to read on with interest. Try and stay positive and remember that the league will go backwards without the influx of new recruits from other comps so don't bag them and the clubs for having a go, embrace them for making the comp better.

Mate, good post, should be more. For a one team junior club, you do have some quality there, so good that yous plan to have juniors coming through.
something me miss at colts thats why we throwthe cheque book around!!

EDFL clubs are spending mega cash next year so WRFL clubs need to also

Mate, good post, should be more. For a one team junior club, you do have some quality there, so good that yous plan to have juniors coming through.
something me miss at colts thats why we throwthe cheque book around!!

EDFL clubs are spending mega cash next year so WRFL clubs need to also
Surely you jest??? majority of colts seniors have come thru the ranks and others have affiliations with the club (family etc). I don't think the chq book has been thrown around in a long time. As for spending big money because the EDFL are, we are talking about park footballers, can't believe the amount of money people think they are worth & what they get offered, ridiculous - will ruin clubs.

Surely you jest??? majority of colts seniors have come thru the ranks and others have affiliations with the club (family etc). I don't think the chq book has been thrown around in a long time. As for spending big money because the EDFL are, we are talking about park footballers, can't believe the amount of money people think they are worth & what they get offered, ridiculous - will ruin clubs.

Good Point about the money - On another forum it is alleged ex - Heidelberg triple premiership player & 6-9 ruckman Mick Gay (Absolute Gun) has signed on for 45K to play for Mooroopna next season. Also have heard Tim Hargraves to captain/coach Mulwala FC for 60k. Not sure how many Metro Clubs will be able to keep guns at there clubs following some of the Country Leagues offerings going on. Bloody Global Economic crisis(Alleged of course);)

Good Point about the money - On another forum it is alleged ex - Heidelberg triple premiership player & 6-9 ruckman Mick Gay (Absolute Gun) has signed on for 45K to play for Mooroopna next season. Also have heard Tim Hargraves to captain/coach Mulwala FC for 60k. Not sure how many Metro Clubs will be able to keep guns at there clubs following some of the Country Leagues offerings going on. Bloody Global Economic crisis(Alleged of course);)

It is not just about money that will keep players at a club. But the prices you are quoting from other forums are not unusual for country (and some metro) clubs to pay. In any major league outside of melbourne, coaches usually get 30 to 40k, playing coaches up around the murray may get a bit more. Some clubs will pay a coach a certain amount and expect him to bring a couple of mates with him for that as well.
Some clubs up in the Wimmera league will throw in a car as a sign on for a good player they want to travel up there.
If they are an ex AFL player they will get considerably more $$, and it all helps bring other players to the club. Will be interesting to see how many more players the former Spotty player and Lara Coach signs to play in the GFL. I am pretty sure he has a handy budget to go out and buy what he thinks he needs.

It is not just about money that will keep players at a club. But the prices you are quoting from other forums are not unusual for country (and some metro) clubs to pay. In any major league outside of melbourne, coaches usually get 30 to 40k, playing coaches up around the murray may get a bit more. Some clubs will pay a coach a certain amount and expect him to bring a couple of mates with him for that as well.
Some clubs up in the Wimmera league will throw in a car as a sign on for a good player they want to travel up there.
If they are an ex AFL player they will get considerably more $$, and it all helps bring other players to the club. Will be interesting to see how many more players the former Spotty player and Lara Coach signs to play in the GFL. I am pretty sure he has a handy budget to go out and buy what he thinks he needs.

Those numbers are quite HUGE, lets be honest some of those figures would cover some wrfl clubs entire player payments for a season. Even the clubs that are cashed up in our comp can't compete with what clubs in other leagues pay and i think the top clubs in the wrfl have done well to have the good sides they have with what they actually spend. :thumbsu:

Sablich & Ibister will be it. Rumour has it all others have signed except patak.

Mr morris, surely you jest? D. Jacobs was not on alot of coin? Along with Julia, hoath, massis and twomey.
Colts have gone on to much about their non spending.
How is the club travelling for 2010.? Not to well i hear, finances are in trouble and alot of off field drama, from coaching appointments to the commitee positions.
You also say money will ruin clubs!! agree but with what you colts people say about your loyalty and unity now seems to be in question.
With the defection of your captain and the non re appointment/ sacking of the the loyal and so called non paid coach.
So tell me this if colts don't spend up and then show no loyalty to club ledgends what is your club built on?

heard a whisper that a bloke by the name of tim noakes was training at spotty and moved over from east perth, played in the wafl last year and won there b&f, heard he has signed as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as are recent recruits Bonnici, Philpot & Bloomfield (contrary to the dribble posted on here by uneducated delinquents).

i think you better talk to donny then cos he told me this week he not happy with albion or the coach and zavalis. he wants to go but they thretened him and his family if he leaves. he not happy. he said albion wer on phone to other club coachs tellin them to F#*k off away from donny. the club he wants to go to is workin very close with him to sort out. donny mate will be goin to who also is albion player.
so before you think you know evrythin get your storys rite.

as are recent recruits Bonnici, Philpot & Bloomfield (contrary to the dribble posted on here by uneducated delinquents).

i think you better talk to donny then cos he told me this week he not happy with albion or the coach and zavalis. he wants to go but they thretened him and his family if he leaves. he not happy. he said albion wer on phone to other club coachs tellin them to F#*k off away from donny. the club he wants to go to is workin very close with him to sort out. donny mate will be goin to who also is albion player.

That's very strange as I am sitting with Donny now and he is more than happy at Albion. He signed a two year contract and would pen another two years right away if given the chance. Best you stick to talking about things you know and stop the dribble.

That's very strange as I am sitting with Donny now and he is more than happy at Albion. He signed a two year contract and would pen another two years right away if given the chance. Best you stick to talking about things you know and stop the dribble.

I think you might be having us on here buddy, It's very well known he is on the move to another club.

I found that extremely hard to read pal, can you please write in English next post, thanks.

Ok, I know that this isn’t an appropriate forum for criticising people’s spelling, grammar, syntax and punctuation, but I happen to think that the English language should not be forgotten, despite the best efforts of tweeters, texters and bloggers the world over.

Rather than point out specific offenders, I shall merely offer everyone this short lesson, on a few of the more common language misuses, which are threatening to render a generation of English-speakers semi-illiterate:

A rite is a ritual act.
When I put pen to paper to express thoughts, I write.
Right can be the opposite of ‘wrong’ or ‘left’, or may be a fundamentally undeniable claim, such as your ‘right to freedom of speech’.

This brings me to my next point:

Your is the correct way to describe things possessed by ‘you’.
You’re is a shortened way to convey “you are”.
Yore is a long time ago.
Yaw is what happens to an airplane when it is blown around.

And this brings me to my next point:

To means “in the direction of”.
Too might mean “also” or “excessively”.
Two is a number.
2 is not a word.
Tu is French and has nothing to do with this English lesson.

And finally:

There is a place.
Their is the way to describe something which “they” own.
They’re is the abbreviated way to say “they are”.

This has been a community service announcement from the Apostrophe Police. I hope it alleviated more boredom than it elicited.
:cool:

Youse put a lotta effort into that, weather I remember all of its another think. I is gonna try anyway.

Mr morris, surely you jest? D. Jacobs was not on alot of coin? Along with Julia, hoath, massis and twomey.
How is the club travelling for 2010.? Not to well i hear, finances are in trouble and alot of off field drama, from coaching appointments to the commitee positions.
You also say money will ruin clubs!! agree but with what you colts people say about your loyalty and unity now seems to be in question.
With the defection of your captain and the non re appointment/ sacking of the the loyal and so called non paid coach.
So tell me this if colts don't spend up and then show no loyalty to club ledgends what is your club built on?

Firstly all clubs spend money but people would be more than surprised at what the clots actually spend. At the end of the day what any club does is their own business.
As for any drama the club is in, i think you will find as with most things there is always a certain amount of exaggeration involved.
Especially after the club is going through a fair bit of change.
Our captain has left on good terms and has an opportunity that he wanted so he could not pass on it.
As for me not getting the job again that's just footy. Although i was dissapointed not to be reappointed i'm not one to sulk over and if anything kind of agree that it could be a good move on the club's behalf.
As stated earlier i will be apart of the colts in 2010 and we will be a strong happy club.

I think it's common knowledge that D Jacobs came to the colts to play with his brother, he could have got prob 3 times the amount he was getting at the colts. Massis & Twomey are juniors from the club prob could also get way above what they've got at the colts, Julier has fam connections at the colts and would also have played for a lot less that what he could have got else where, Hoath was part of our 10 year premiership reunion this year, so obviously all these blokes enjoy playing for the Colts as it is a great club to be involved in. Apart from DJ who isn't sure what he's doing I wouldn't expect to see too many leaving the club.

[he wants to go but they thretened him and his family if he leaves. he not happy. he said albion wer on phone to other club coachs tellin them to F#*k off away from donny]

Doubt anyone of authority at Albion would stoop to this. I think it is make believe

I think it's common knowledge that D Jacobs came to the colts to play with his brother, he could have got prob 3 times the amount he was getting at the colts. Massis & Twomey are juniors from the club prob could also get way above what they've got at the colts, Julier has fam connections at the colts and would also have played for a lot less that what he could have got else where, so obviously all these blokes enjoy playing for the Colts as it is a great club to be involved in. Apart from DJ who isn't sure what he's doing I wouldn't expect to see too many leaving the club.

Our biggest concern is now 1 or 2 have gone that other clubs with bigger purses will come and pick at our list. So we have to work swiftly in getting players signed/commited. Heard tonite Keilor our into 3 senior players and to get them all as a package....Hopefully the loyalty factor wins out.
Keep posting daryl u have the insight of a female!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back