Western Region FL - Division One

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Rod give us a spell. No team in wrfl has the money city has. I'm sure the top 5 or 6 in efl would spend more and the top 2 in edfl would spend more but the likes of keilor would spend the same. At the end of the day it's all based on guess work. In my opinion I'm not sure why the big spending clubs hide the fact the have the money to spend, it's very obvious that when other clubs hang sh it on them over the big$$ they pay that we are all envious. I know I wish port colts could have had the money to spend like city do. Could have made me look like a coaching genius.

As you say its all heresay, I would have thought Port,Spotty & Hoppers would be 85-100k including sponsors?, thats the area we are in all the other clubs I mentioned would be well in excess of that.
As for having Citys money remember you were red hot favourites in all of the GF's and in 07&08 you had the game shot to ribbons?
As for being a genius, Coaching can be cruel, plenty of blokes would like your record.

In all seriousness. i have been the biggest supportter of the wrfl but in my opinion it is sliding down every year. The sfl has gone past us.
The wrfl player depth is falling away big time and the way the comp has been run over the last few years, we are way behind other metro comps!!
There is no way the SFL has gone past any other suburban comp. in Melbourne. City would be strong in any league, but thats only money strength and when the money goes it will be back in survival mode.

As you say its all heresay, I would have thought Port,Spotty & Hoppers would be 85-100k including sponsors?, thats the area we are in all the other clubs I mentioned would be well in excess of that.
As for having Citys money remember you were red hot favourites in all of the GF's and in 07&08 you had the game shot to ribbons?
As for being a genius, Coaching can be cruel, plenty of blokes would like your record.

Well deifinatelt not favs in 07 spotty lost 1 game all year and from 07 to 08 their
list improved alot more than ours, i could go through both list if you like. Certainly this year we were favs and it was our worst performance.

I would have dreamed of a budget of 85k to 100k....try more like 55k

Hahaha Bredan Tyquin ******* football overrated uncommited low life plays good against crap sides cant get a touch against quality sides..Has the fitness of a 80yr old thats beeen chain smokin for 79 yrs of her life..Spooooner Qulality player quick atletic forward with lots of spring in his step with a good midfield will kick70+ Who did spoooner sign with?

spooner has signed with melton south

Assistant Coach

Top 5 "B" grade EDFL side seeks the services of a playing assistant coach. Anyone interested can private message me.

Well deifinatelt not favs in 07 spotty lost 1 game all year and from 07 to 08 their
list improved alot more than ours, i could go through both list if you like. Certainly this year we were favs and it was our worst performance.

I would have dreamed of a budget of 85k to 100k....try more like 55k

Fair enough , you would know a lot more than me,
As much as Id like to believe you, 55k? then again big footy
not meant to be serious or truthful

There is no way the SFL has gone past any other suburban comp. in Melbourne. City would be strong in any league, but thats only money strength and when the money goes it will be back in survival mode.
any team in any comp has to pay to be strong no cash no players....'money strength' lol bedford you are amusing

First time writer long time reader, been a big observer of the WRFL over the years… Cant help but to notice SFC dominance. 3flags! some would say they have lost as many as they have retained… Word on the vine is that they don’t pay to much..
I have watched many juniors come through the ranks. Certain people I know have played against/with them. Intersting enough that they loose guys like murray boyd/tom langlands/Kane Mckenzie to other big clubs but retain the services of other players who could easily get money at other clubs such as M.Knight, J.Bond W.Langlands and E.wood… how do clubs retain such guys and other clubs loose out….???

First time writer long time reader, been a big observer of the WRFL over the years… Cant help but to notice SFC dominance. 3flags! some would say they have lost as many as they have retained… Word on the vine is that they don’t pay to much..
I have watched many juniors come through the ranks. Certain people I know have played against/with them. Intersting enough that they loose guys like murray boyd/tom langlands/Kane Mckenzie to other big clubs but retain the services of other players who could easily get money at other clubs such as M.Knight, J.Bond W.Langlands and E.wood… how do clubs retain such guys and other clubs loose out….???

You should stay a long time reader.
J.Bond your kidding - Give me a Peter Bell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should stay a long time reader.
J.Bond your kidding - Give me a Peter Bell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Played his role in the GF beautifully and contibuted to the TEAM success.
With a preseason under his belt you might have a different opinion in 2010. I'm looking forward to seeing him feed our onballers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thats easy great club to be a part off

In all seriousness. i have been the biggest supportter of the wrfl but in my opinion it is sliding down every year. The sfl has gone past us.
The wrfl player depth is falling away big time and the way the comp has been run over the last few years, we are way behind other metro comps!!

Your are right Rock

With Pre Seasons being planned etc, why can't Football Vic or one of the comps organise a two week competition with the Premiers of the WRFL,Northern, Eastern and EDFL playing in a mini Champions League format.Random draw, winners go straight into the Grand Final and the winner gets the prestige of winning the tournament, a cup and some cash.It would be great for the game and I reckon it would pull a sizeable crowd.Any thoughts? P.S Southern league does not qualify as a legitimate competition hence no invite.

The top 4 in Southern would beat Colts and Spotty.

Come on bedford. I can understand your deep seeded hatred of the SFL but that comment is laughable. Do yourself a favor and get down and watch a few games instead of relying on memories of what it was 5 years ago when it was tripe.

With a preseason under his belt you might have a different opinion in 2010. I'm looking forward to seeing him feed our onballers.

Does this mean big Bondy will be putting on a spit roast for the midfield each Friday before a game lol.............sorry couldn't help myself :thumbsu:

What was his role in the GF? He spent the game trying to impose a physical presence on players after the fact, or technically behind play. He was a good umpire away from causing spotty to play one short. I also don't think i saw him actually get his hand on the ball in a ruck contest. Just my opinion from the other side of the fence.

Cougar - how did your first night at training go... and any news on players

Had a really good turn out at a guess i would say 35 - 40 players including under 18's so i was very happy in that regard.

Nothing to report on players at this stage we are keeping things in house but we are certainly aiming for a top 3 finish in 2010

Does that include so called "real jobs for the boys at $100K each".

Name one player that the Footy club got any job got a job for?? Let alone one that pays a 100k. I'll make it easy for you Kane Cooper was helped out getting a job he lasted 6 weeks coz he didn't like it. Just because alot of us work together or did has nothing to do with port colts.

Name one player that the Footy club got any job got a job for?? Let alone one that pays a 100k. I'll make it easy for you Kane Cooper was helped out getting a job he lasted 6 weeks coz he didn't like it. Just because alot of us work together or did has nothing to do with port colts.

Steve macanulty?? just to name one :thumbsu:

You must have a memory problem Rock. I recall a Sunday paper spread reporting how DJ was starting a new job on the wharves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back