Western Region FL - Division One

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have a memory problem Rock. I recall a Sunday paper spread reporting how DJ was starting a new job on the wharves!

Another nice try but again he never has worked on the wharves, he tried to get on but couldn't.....as is have said many times people may think that the colts have got jobs for people on the wharves but it's 100% not true. All we can do is put in people's resume!!

Your are right Rock

The top 4 in Southern would beat Colts and Spotty.

Come on bedford. I can understand your deep seeded hatred of the SFL but that comment is laughable. Do yourself a favor and get down and watch a few games instead of relying on memories of what it was 5 years ago when it was tripe.

You are absolutely kidding yourself......Just because i state the league is better does not mean your top 4 would beat us and spotty.
Agree st.kilda city mite but none of the other teams would.

Time for my 2 bobs worth, if clubs are recruiting players with a promise of a job with a sponsor, that is no more than what 99% of other clubs do, or if they have a contact involved with the club that can get them a look in on the docks, then good on them. Don't put a club down for that, it makes good economic sense. Country clubs do it all the time. Did you ever wonder why so many ex VFL and AFL players end up in Ammos? No official match payments there! But plenty of players still go there, and it is a good standard.
Back on match payments, Hoppers and Spotty pay around the 100k mark (most likely a bit over + coach), but that is nothing to what clubs in other leagues pay so they must be doing something else to get decent players there.
Did anyone ever aske Crackers what he was offered to go play up bush? Or what the Spotty players are being offered to follow Harris down to Lara.
Be thankful clubs are doing their best to bring in quality players from AFL and VFL and stop b1tching about how much money they spend.

gee differant story to what i can remember his old man saying

Tell me what do you think i or the colts have to gain from me not telling the truth???
It is a fact boofa got the job on the wharf himself, his dad reads this so hopefully he can clear it up for you.
As an earlier post stated if any club can get players meanigful employment then it is a great way to go.

Clubs that can give players a job, I reckon good luck to them not stating Colts do or don't (It is irrelevant really)

Local Paper suggests McPherson very eager to keep the Pekes Brothers at Greenvale so if they have not signed at Albion, you would assume Greenvale could match $$$$

Very quiet out of Glenorden / Altona / Hoppers???

ROCK - Trying to think of ex B&F winner and gun forward, can't be Caddy as he signed with Heidelberg, thinking further back possibly Newman & Lindsay from Late 90's? (Just a guess)

Shane Carland has been appointed to the role of Manager - Umpiring Department for season 2010.
Shane comes to the role with a wealth of experience within umpiring, being involved for over 25 years in different positions.
He has most recently acted as Junior Umpiring Advisor for the Essendon District Football League playing a huge part in establishing successful recruitment and retention strategies.

Shane Carland has been appointed to the role of Manager - Umpiring Department for season 2010.
Shane comes to the role with a wealth of experience within umpiring, being involved for over 25 years in different positions.
He has most recently acted as Junior Umpiring Advisor for the Essendon District Football League playing a huge part in establishing successful recruitment and retention strategies.

God help us the bloke couldnt lay straight in bed he is a known liar and a dog the comp is doomed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played his role in the GF beautifully and contibuted to the TEAM success.
With a preseason under his belt you might have a different opinion in 2010. I'm looking forward to seeing him feed our onballers.

Please Splinter he would need 111 preseasons under his belt. Speaking of belts id hate to see what hole number he is on, it would be very close to the end.!!!!!!!

Can not RUN! Can not KICK ! Can not JUMP ! Can not MOVE !

The only ROLE he played would have been the DOZEN (ROLLS) he swollowed before the game.!!!!!

Please Splinter he would need 111 preseasons under his belt. Speaking of belts id hate to see what hole number he is on, it would be very close to the end.!!!!!!!

Can not RUN! Can not KICK ! Can not JUMP ! Can not MOVE !

The only ROLE he played would have been the DOZEN (ROLLS) he swollowed before the game.!!!!!

And CANNOT stop smiling with a Premiership Medal hanging around his neck.

Did throw his weight around in the Grand Final. Strange to see the Colts players looking over their shoulders wasn't it ? Normally the other way around !! Maybe all teams will be searching for a 6 foot 5 inch overweight player with limited ability to play a role ?

Only got a game because the squealing liar from Hoppers got the Spotty Captain a 4 week suspension but I am sure there are many, many "dud footballers" out there in Big Footy Cyberspace who would like an "A Grade" Senior Premiership Medallion !!

What was shane teaching the young umpires how to lie thru there teeth at the tribunal ? he reported me years ago i threw 1 punch he said i threw 7 unanswered blows im not that good bad move wrfl

Local Paper suggests McPherson very eager to keep the Pekes Brothers at Greenvale so if they have not signed at Albion, you would assume Greenvale could match $$$$

both brothers been down and trained both nights last week, seem to by good blokes easy to get along with.

any truth ex bulldog and brother of blue simon wiggins patrick wiggins has signed with sunshine??? heard he was at first training session??? how'd he go last year at taylors lakes?

Just a quick one west footscray people or anyone realy......

Want to know how west footscray are travelling? any news at all?

I played all my juniors there and a couple of years of seniors there about 7 years back, i live about an hour away and are thinking about heading back there to play but not to sure if its going to be worth the effort if the club isnt trying to go forward and just happy to go idle thru another year....

Just a quick one west footscray people or anyone realy......

Want to know how west footscray are travelling? any news at all?

I played all my juniors there and a couple of years of seniors there about 7 years back, i live about an hour away and are thinking about heading back there to play but not to sure if its going to be worth the effort if the club isnt trying to go forward and just happy to go idle thru another year....

normy heath has been appointed snr coach........

both brothers been down and trained both nights last week, seem to by good blokes easy to get along with.

any truth ex bulldog and brother of blue simon wiggins patrick wiggins has signed with sunshine??? heard he was at first training session??? how'd he go last year at taylors lakes?

Played well against the top 6 sides & finals, couldn't play against the poor sides. Also had no respect for the coach & V/Pres at Taylors Lakes (Seems to be a common problem down there from all reports on the other site). Will do very very well at Sunshine. The bonus is he will play with brother Simon next year when he is finished at Carlton. Huge loss for Taylorls Lakes.

Who's norm heath?

Norm Heath is an old West Footscray player and more recent times was a very sucessfull under 18's coach at Sunshine and i think he was an assitant to Ron Rooney in the seniors a few yars back and was very close to getting the job when Tockka was given it.

I am not sure what involvement Normy has had in a football sense over the last two or three years but he is a very good coach and will get the best out of what ever talent he has down West way.

Having played under Norm i am very happy for him and i think he is one of the better coaches that i have had coach me and i think he will do a great job but he is up against it down there at West but good on him for having a go.

Played well against the top 6 sides & finals, couldn't play against the poor sides. Also had no respect for the coach & V/Pres at Taylors Lakes (Seems to be a common problem down there from all reports on the other site). Will do very very well at Sunshine. The bonus is he will play with brother Simon next year when he is finished at Carlton. Huge loss for Taylorls Lakes.

The new coach down at sunshine is keeping his cards close to his chest but if true the kangas will improve alot on this year.
With jacobs, wiggins and foley, will definately see them finish top 3, i believe challenge for that elusive premiership.

And CANNOT stop smiling with a Premiership Medal hanging around his neck.

Did throw his weight around in the Grand Final. Strange to see the Colts players looking over their shoulders wasn't it ? Normally the other way around !! Maybe all teams will be searching for a 6 foot 5 inch overweight player with limited ability to play a role ?

Only got a game because the squealing liar from Hoppers got the Spotty Captain a 4 week suspension but I am sure there are many, many "dud footballers" out there in Big Footy Cyberspace who would like an "A Grade" Senior Premiership Medallion !!

What your captain did deserved 4-6 weeks get on with life you still won
without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back