Western Region FL - Division One

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave Stanley must be back down at the Panthers based on recent signings and coin being mentioned. Jenkins makes sense with his good mate already signing there. tyquin a real concern though.
On Jenkins heard he was across the line at Altona

Good point past panther, I heard they might not have the money to pay as sponsors might not b putting as much. Is thomas from Hoppers under contract for another year and is hoppers enforcing it.

Jenkins is def playing with the Saints next year.

This Dave Stanley bloke must have $ to blow paying Spooner $700 a game and paying another dud Tyquin big bucks!

I think Jenkins is signed already but the saints could be in big trouble: no young blokes coming through, losing some handy players and no big recruits on the horizon.

Definitely need a couple of big blokes and a quality forward!!

is set to sign from all reports,

sides like colts, st albans and albion need to start recruiting some good new players as side like sunshine and SFC keep improving there list's

Agree about the recruiting side of things for the Colts,after watching some home and away games and finals l think the ship has sailed for them to grab the premiership cup.Should of had one possibly two of the last three cups. The playing list has stood up well over the last couple of years, but from the gossip going around l think it has come to a end.(or has it?) Maybe if Clarke had coached from the side lines instead of playing (injured so l was told..bad back?) they mite of been rewarded for all there hard work. Six straight grand finals is a great effort,but a 2/4 result not so great. If they do not recruit well,they may start to slide. You can't keep relying on the same players year after year.Having said that, l hope they do improve as they do get the best out of what list they have and are good to watch. Good luck to all teams in 2010. SFC.. 4in a row?..

Caddy definetly at Heidelberg:thumbsu:

Whisper has it Yarrawonga were happy to let Keenan:D

That will make the transition very easy for Spotswood then if he had signed a 2 year deal. He is a 100 goal player in the WRFL so any club would love to have him in this league

With him re-joining Spotty they would definately be red hot favourites for 4 in a row and will be hard to beat

Agree about the recruiting side of things for the Colts,after watching some home and away games and finals l think the ship has sailed for them to grab the premiership cup.Should of had one possibly two of the last three cups. The playing list has stood up well over the last couple of years, but from the gossip going around l think it has come to a end.(or has it?) Maybe if Clarke had coached from the side lines instead of playing (injured so l was told..bad back?) they mite of been rewarded for all there hard work. Six straight grand finals is a great effort,but a 2/4 result not so great. If they do not recruit well,they may start to slide. You can't keep relying on the same players year after year.Having said that, l hope they do improve as they do get the best out of what list they have and are good to watch. Good luck to all teams in 2010. SFC.. 4in a row?..

Lol nice post, trying to put the blame on me for playing on our loss.
Your correct the 2/4 does not reflect a great return, but certainly look at the big picture and not just throw your own little view and your obvious dislike of me. The first loss against spotty was a classic gf and the result could have went either way, after them being the dominant side all year a greatveffort by the colts boys, the next year their list improved alot more than ours and if people remember we were on the wrong end of some shocking decisions, another great game how ever. This year we were the most dominant team but gf day we were terrible, our start was yuk but we come back and obviously two sent off didn't help.
So it's not the best gf records but over the 6 years I'm very proud of the clubs effort and my own. Let's just see how the next 6 years unfold and judge my record then.
Your obviously a colts person so hopefully you go put the time and effort I did over the last 7 years and help the club stay at the top.

Your correct the 2/4 does not reflect a great return, but certainly look at the big picture and not just throw your own little view and your obvious dislike of me. The first loss against spotty was a classic gf and the result could have went either way, after them being the dominant side all year a greatveffort by the colts boys, the next year their list improved alot more than ours and if people remember we were on the wrong end of some shocking decisions, another great game how ever. This year we were the most dominant team but gf day we were terrible, our start was yuk but we come back and obviously two sent off didn't help.
So it's not the best gf records but over the 6 years I'm very proud of the clubs effort and my own. Let's just see how the next 6 years unfold and judge my record then.
Your obviously a colts person so hopefully you go put the time and effort I did over the last 7 years and help the club stay at the top.

2 flags in the last 6 years is 2 more flags than 95% of the other sides.

Seems like your time at colts is done rock, all the ferals are starting to turn. Time for you to head to sunshine with your old mate, we would be happy for you to still have a kick also...I also agree with rooster all other clubs would love to be in colts position even spotty would up to the end of this season.

Does anyone at hoppers know of a so called club champion that has decided to head down the road to Geelong West to join a former werribee team mate. Very interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like your time at colts is done rock, all the ferals are starting to turn. Time for you to head to sunshine with your old mate, we would be happy for you to still have a kick also...I also agree with rooster all other clubs would love to be in colts position even spotty would up to the end of this season.

I learnt along time ago no matter what or how you do things not everyone will be happy, so i just try and do what i thinks best....it works for me and at the end of the day i couldn't care what people think of me or the way i do things.
I'm hurt by the gf losses more than anyone but over the last 7 years we have had a ball winning approx 80% of our games but like anything it has to come end sooner or later.

2/4 could easily have been 4/2 and probably should have been then Rock would have been the best WRFL coach of all time and labelled a mastermind. 2007 especially should have been a Colts win but thats football. In 2008 after playing one game in 28 days Colts were never going to win as they had no momentum etc ala Essendon in 1990 after the Eagles/Pies replaid final. As i have posted before the way the grand finals were played and how they unfolded is the reason we all love football.

If you are from Colts pretty poor post having a crack at a club legend like that.

A bit of a turnover in players wont hurt either and after making 6 grand finals in a row fair chance Colts will still be top 3.

2/4 could easily have been 4/2 and probably should have been then Rock would have been the best WRFL coach of all time and labelled a mastermind. 2007 especially should have been a Colts win but thats football. In 2008 after playing one game in 28 days Colts were never going to win as they had no momentum etc ala Essendon in 1990 after the Eagles/Pies replaid final. As i have posted before the way the grand finals were played and how they unfolded is the reason we all love football.

If you are from Colts pretty poor post having a crack at a club legend like that.

A bit of a turnover in players wont hurt either and after making 6 grand finals in a row fair chance Colts will still be top 3.
from an old time supporter and I don't get to many games anymore, but have a very strong interest I have to say that Clarke has done a fantastic job at the club, to participate in all those GF's is a great effort, many clubs would be very envious and from a supporters point of view it's a fantastic to attend these last years, couple of results could have gone either way, however most people know that clubs are bigger than individuals and from what I hear majority of the players are sticking together in 2010 and with quite a few quality youngsters coming thru the Colts will be up there again, underestimate them at your own peril. Good Luck to the boys for 2010, one game I will be attending is Colts v Sunshine....be very interesting indeed! I'm sure it will add a bit to the rivalry that these clubs have had over the years, which is what the league needs.

clubs are bigger than individuals

Thanks for the kind words and i agree 100% any club is bigger than any individual, this is the reason the colts will still be strong.....as said earlier all things come to an end, hopefully the successful era goes on for many more years.
However i hope your not implying i thought i was bigger than the club, coz it's certaily not the case, i have sacraficed for my club and gone beyond my call of duty, for nothing else but success.

Firstly,sorry you took this as a personal attack on your good self,and where did l blame you for the losses? All l said was maybe the team might have been better served by you coaching from the sidelines.If you were injured or not,was only gossip. True, not true,half truths or just plain bullshit. Most posts on here would be of that nature.As for the win loss ratio,l was saying that the window of opportunity may have past(maybe not) to make it more wins than losses.And as for, as you put it,my obvious dislike of you,l have never even met you and no,l am not a disgruntled Colts person,l just go and watch the top 5 or 6 teams play. As they say,you have to be in it to win it, and at least the Colts were in it.And yes the post was my own little view,isn't this what this forum is for? As l said,good luck to all clubs in 2010.;)

Firstly,sorry you took this as a personal attack on your good self,and where did l blame you for the losses? All l said was maybe the team might have been better served by you coaching from the sidelines.If you were injured or not,was only gossip. True, not true,half truths or just plain bullshit. Most posts on here would be of that nature.As for the win loss ratio,l was saying that the window of opportunity may have past(maybe not) to make it more wins than losses.And as for, as you put it,my obvious dislike of you,l have never even met you and no,l am not a disgruntled Colts person,l just go and watch the top 5 or 6 teams play. As they say,you have to be in it to win it, and at least the Colts were in it.And yes the post was my own little view,isn't this what this forum is for? As l said,good luck to all clubs in 2010.;)

Sorry if i read it wrong, that's the thing when we read it.
Anyway if i play i'm fit, so no excuse there.
I spent majority of the game on the bench so i did more or less coach from there.
Most people don't need to meet me to not like me....
Old timers should be in bed at this time, unless your working night shift also.

clubs are bigger than individuals

Thanks for the kind words and i agree 100% any club is bigger than any individual, this is the reason the colts will still be strong.....as said earlier all things come to an end, hopefully the successful era goes on for many more years.
However i hope your not implying i thought i was bigger than the club, coz it's certaily not the case, i have sacraficed for my club and gone beyond my call of duty, for nothing else but success.
No def not implying that, just interested in reading a few posts where people saying the colts are going to implode etc, potting the club due to the change in coach, as we well all know there are 2 types of coaches, those that have been sacked and those that are going to be!! Many a great coach has been sacked! Good Luck with whatever u decide to do, hopefully stay at the colts.

Sorry if i read it wrong, that's the thing when we read it.
Anyway if i play i'm fit, so no excuse there.
I spent majority of the game on the bench so i did more or less coach from there.
Most people don't need to meet me to not like me....
Old timers should be in bed at this time, unless your working night shift also.
But you had a very good assistant on the bench when you were on the field, he would be a waste not to be coaching in the future.

No def not implying that, just interested in reading a few posts where people saying the colts are going to implode etc, potting the club due to the change in coach, as we well all know there are 2 types of coaches, those that have been sacked and those that are going to be!! Many a great coach has been sacked! Good Luck with whatever u decide to do, hopefully stay at the colts.

I think people are thinking more that the club mite slide after losing it's best 3 players.....coaches are over rated anyway in my opinion, get a decent list and manage that list in the right manner will get the best results at our level. At the end of the day no matter how good the coach if he hasn't got the cattle he will not succeed.

But you had a very good assistant on the bench when you were on the field, he would be a waste not to be coaching in the future.

Lunt coached my cousin at willie, he goes ok, but struggles a little when the pressure is on in my opinion, heard from a few people he is more suited to coaching younger players..u/16 or u/18 or an assistant role.
So i agree he would be a waste not to be coaching in some capacity but for me not at senior level. No disrespect intended. I think this is what you were also meaning as a club like colts could attract alot more higher profile coaching candidates than a former junior coach.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I think people are thinking more that the club mite slide after losing it's best 3 players.....coaches are over rated anyway in my opinion, get a decent list and manage that list in the right manner will get the best results at our level. At the end of the day no matter how good the coach if he hasn't got the cattle he will not succeed.

Sorry for being a bit confused Rock07,who are the three best players the Port Colts are losing.

1 D.jacobs for very big money i hear elsewhere

2. ??????

3.??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back