Western Region FL - Division One

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for being a bit confused Rock07,who are the three best players the Port Colts are losing.

1 D.jacobs for very big money i hear elsewhere

2. ?????? Captain and 2nd in the bnf...Brett Jacobs

3.??????
The best fwd in the comp Jase Perkins

Obviously julier, twomey macanulty, bonnett and massis are rated in the top echelon .
Just for the record i don't think the colts will slide at all, i was making a point on why others may think the colts and not just because the coach has changed. They new coach comes from afl/vfl back ground so he is the better option.
With Newman coming in for Perkins along with massis, twomey and macanulty stepping up in the midfield to cover the jacobs brothers the colts will be fighting it out for another gf.

But you had a very good assistant on the bench when you were on the field, he would be a waste not to be coaching in the future.

Oh yes he is a super coach....only thing he has a few down falls...
Number 1 is like your good your good self he is a swans supporter, number 2 is he can talk under water...but that mite be a useful tool as coach!!

Lol nice post, trying to put the blame on me for playing on our loss.
Your correct the 2/4 does not reflect a great return, but certainly look at the big picture and not just throw your own little view and your obvious dislike of me. The first loss against spotty was a classic gf and the result could have went either way, after them being the dominant side all year a greatveffort by the colts boys, the next year their list improved alot more than ours and if people remember we were on the wrong end of some shocking decisions, another great game how ever. This year we were the most dominant team but gf day we were terrible, our start was yuk but we come back and obviously two sent off didn't help.
So it's not the best gf records but over the 6 years I'm very proud of the clubs effort and my own. Let's just see how the next 6 years unfold and judge my record then.
Your obviously a colts person so hopefully you go put the time and effort I did over the last 7 years and help the club stay at the top.

Very well sid Jason - I love your passion you have been fantastic for the PMCFC. I must say you have had some great assistant COACHES over the years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best fwd in the comp Jase Perkins

Obviously julier, twomey macanulty, bonnett and massis are rated in the top echelon .
Just for the record i don't think the colts will slide at all, i was making a point on why others may think the colts and not just because the coach has changed. They new coach comes from afl/vfl back ground so he is the better option.
With Newman coming in for Perkins along with massis, twomey and macanulty stepping up in the midfield to cover the jacobs brothers the colts will be fighting it out for another gf.
so where is jacobs of to rock st kilda city or balwyn and newman will be a great get easy 60-80 goals for the club and id say you will kick the same in the 2nds

Lunt coached my cousin at willie, he goes ok, but struggles a little when the pressure is on in my opinion, heard from a few people he is more suited to coaching younger players..u/16 or u/18 or an assistant role.
So i agree he would be a waste not to be coaching in some capacity but for me not at senior level. No disrespect intended. I think this is what you were also meaning as a club like colts could attract alot more higher profile coaching candidates than a former junior coach.:thumbsu::thumbsu:
As Rock has said on here many times,You cant please everyone so your entitled to your opinion on my coaching credentials but it always bothers me when people use phrases such as " heard from a few people " or
" they said this or they said that " because a " a few people " very rarely exist and really who are " They " anyway ? So sorry but faceless peoples opinions dont count with me.In regards to any future coaching aspirations i may have, maybe you can enlighten me as to what pressure of coaching i struggle with ? At this stage i am an assistant senior coach who has no
illusions that he is going to become a senior coach and have the record of
a Jason Clarke or Ben Kelly but i am more than confident that if i have the desire to or the opportunity arose i would more than hold my own and would have a few referees to say just that.I have a few more strings to my bow than the intense in your face exterior that " a few people " percieve.
A good coach will always tell his players Perceptions from the Periphery mean bugger all and i am happy to take that line when being judged on coaching credentials as well.:thumbsu:

As Rock has said on here many times,You cant please everyone so your entitled to your opinion on my coaching credentials but it always bothers me when people use phrases such as " heard from a few people " or
" they said this or they said that " because a " a few people " very rarely exist and really who are " They " anyway ? So sorry but faceless peoples opinions dont count with me.In regards to any future coaching aspirations i may have, maybe you can enlighten me as to what pressure of coaching i struggle with ? At this stage i am an assistant senior coach who has no
a Jason Clarke or Ben Kelly but i am more than confident that if i have the desire to or the opportunity arose i would more than hold my own and would have a few referees to say just that.I have a few more strings to my bow than the intense in your face exterior that " a few people " percieve.
A good coach will always tell his players Perceptions from the Periphery mean bugger all and i am happy to take that line when being judged on coaching credentials as well.:thumbsu:

Nice response buddy, it does make me laugh when people write , they heard this or they said this, to make their own opinion 100% right.
Can't worry about what people think and that's something i've always tried to stick by....although i let myself down this year!!

Nice response buddy, it does make me laugh when people write , they heard this or they said this, to make their own opinion 100% right.
Can't worry about what people think and that's something i've always tried to stick by....although i let myself down this year!!

Just curious Rock,what do you mean by letting yourself down this year,was it not picking your best side in a grand final once again,the WRFL drums have been beating to this tune for some time now.

Anyway good luck next year and i for one will be very surprised if you ever pull on a colts jumper again,Sunshine maybe ?????.

Don't fall in to fools WW.

Just curious Rock,what do you mean by letting yourself down this year,was it not picking your best side in a grand final once again,the WRFL drums have been beating to this tune for some time now.

Anyway good luck next year and i for one will be very surprised if you ever pull on a colts jumper again,Sunshine maybe ?????.

I let myself down by listening to gossip instead of focusing all my energy on footy....live and learn though i say.
I definately picked the best side in my opinion every single game, other mite have a different view and different criteria they pick a side on but for me i have no regrets.
Even Jackel though was in our best team with all thing being equal, but with his commitment to werribee, he only trained twice during the year along with only 3 senior games. So for me it was not viable to play him ahead of other that were 100% committed. Match commitee and senior players agreed on this also.
As for you even having an idea to what i'm thinking of, on where i will be playing, or saying i won't pull a colts jumper on again is laughable.
At this stage i will be at colts 99% but i have had a few offers and although i want to be involved in coaching it's very difficult to walk away from my mates and a club i have been at since 1985..
Next year is 25yrs other than probably 2 or 3 older guys i have been around the most so the bond is very hard to break.

First of all, well done on a career that may not be over yet. The other thing is that you can't say for sure that what has been heard isn't true or didn't come from someone who matters. So I guess we pick and chose what we pay attention to pretty carefully.

Oh yeah, IMO Jackel wouldn't be in your best side. Pretty honest, improved footballer but not part of Port's best regardless of playing at Werribee. Just an opinion.

Headed down to the colts last night to meet the new coaching panel.
Must say there was a real positive feel around especially amongst the players, with Jack Love coming on board.
Heard some talk a few were dissapointed Clarky wouldn't be coach but surely after last night that can be put to bed.
Highlight of the nite for me though was that Clarky was in attendance.
Great effort, I'm not sure what rock07 has in his plans but as the new coach said it would be dissapointing to not have him around.
Would be able to give the new coaches plenty of help on the opposition and even the colts players.
Lots of new sponsors coming on board plenty of people helping the commitee set the club up for the future.
Webby and newman will be playing everyone else other than the jacobs boys and perkins on board.
Colts will be there again in 2010.

Headed down to the colts last night to meet the new coaching panel.
Must say there was a real positive feel around especially amongst the players, with Jack Love coming on board.
Heard some talk a few were dissapointed Clarky wouldn't be coach but surely after last night that can be put to bed.
Highlight of the nite for me though was that Clarky was in attendance.
Great effort, I'm not sure what rock07 has in his plans but as the new coach said it would be dissapointing to not have him around.
Would be able to give the new coaches plenty of help on the opposition and even the colts players.
Lots of new sponsors coming on board plenty of people helping the commitee set the club up for the future.
Webby and newman will be playing everyone else other than the jacobs boys and perkins on board.
Colts will be there again in 2010.

I hope your right because the league would struggle if Colt's fell away, although i'm not sure webb & newman are the answer from what i hear along with there age and history etc.

What is happeing with the other clubs in the comp, from what i hear Sunshine have plenty numbers but no real recruits (Other than Brett) although there is alot of energy around the place but this has happened before.

Hoppers heard nothing other than what's been posted with beaza and downey leaving. Ezard had terrible reports from St Albans and got the flick mid year at Noble so maybe the commitee people could be busy mid year???

Spotty lost a couple in patak & Isbister but gaining Keenan back along with a BnF winner from cobden although this could be wrong as i heard it from a not so great source. They look a little dangerous IMO.

Albion made a great move last year by getting a coach from outside the comp, along with some fierce recruiting in a couple of brothers from greenvale (Although they've been around) only concern. Big watch on the cats in 10.....

Then the saints could really battle in 2010 which is a massive worry for the comp

The rest will make up the numbers with no real influence.

What does the league need? to get the lesser lights up?

Just my take and they've made me sign up now to keep upto date.

So keep up the good work all

Albion will be strong with the recruiting the've done. Knowing the Edfl a bit. If the rumours are true that the Pekes boys from (Greenvale) have signed at Albion They will be awesome pick ups. Both talented and can kick goals. I think a couple years back Rama won the EDFL 'A' grade B&F in the comp, but wasn't awarded the award due to suspension. With Philphott in the ruck and Bonnicci still there along with the Pekes brothers, That's looking like a very strong midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Albion will be strong with the recruiting the've done. Knowing the Edfl a bit. If the rumours are true that the Pekes boys from (Greenvale) have signed at Albion They will be awesome pick ups. Both talented and can kick goals. I think a couple years back Rama won the EDFL 'A' grade B&F in the comp, but wasn't awarded the award due to suspension. With Philphott in the ruck and Bonnicci still there along with the Pekes brothers, That's looking like a very strong midfield.

Toatally agree with the cats being one of the most improved. Speaking to a Hoppers person this week who tells me they're very low key on signings. He also told me that Matt Bellingham from P.C has signed at Sunshine. Not sure how true that is though. In reading the past posts, i've noticed St.Albans and Altona are very quiet. Anyone got any news on them?

Throw in Johnny Bell ( ex Strathmore / Marby Park ) tough as nails, brother of boxer Tim Bell. Will rip WRFL apart i think he came third in the comp at Strathmore a few years back. Been playing up bush with Cohuna last couple of years.

Also young Marcus Smith from Tullamarine. Has the potential to be anything, 23 or 24 midfeilder who is very smart around goals.

I think Albion will be right up there.

Your right there Pieeater12. I've seen Johnny Bell play. Quality player for Marby when he played there. I think played in the Grand final team when they won 'B' grade a couple of years back before heading up to the country. Don't no whose supplying the funds at Albion, but with the players the'rve recruited so far they will be up there. Be surprised if not. Coach 'Harro' is recruiting some guns.

Throw in Johnny Bell ( ex Strathmore / Marby Park ) tough as nails, brother of boxer Tim Bell. Will rip WRFL apart i think he came third in the comp at Strathmore a few years back. Been playing up bush with Cohuna last couple of years.

Also young Marcus Smith from Tullamarine. Has the potential to be anything, 23 or 24 midfeilder who is very smart around goals.

I think Albion will be right up there.

Until payday atleast. Alot of signings over a few years with the rumored big $$ being promised, they will need to be successful to get people at the games to generate the income to pay the cattle!
icon10.gif

But they are rumors of course.

Until payday atleast. Alot of signings over a few years with the rumored big $$ being promised, they will need to be successful to get people at the games to generate the income to pay the cattle!
icon10.gif

But they are rumors of course.

50th Anniversary apparently for Albion so financially they are having a crack, but lost a few players as well.

Kanga's have a few more recruits coming on board, plus a couple of players back from overseas will have them set:thumbsu:

Your right there Pieeater12. I've seen Johnny Bell play. Quality player for Marby when he played there. I think played in the Grand final team when they won 'B' grade a couple of years back before heading up to the country. Don't no whose supplying the funds at Albion, but with the players the'rve recruited so far they will be up there. Be surprised if not. Coach 'Harro' is recruiting some guns.

Are they recruiting the players they need though? Every team can do with gun midfielders if they can get them but I reckon they need some decent talls to seriously contend for the flag. I dont think its coincidence that Spotty and Port have had the best talls in the comp. Spotty have had McGhie, Crackers, Montebello, Molan and Mangan and Port have had Julier, Bonnett, Clarke, Perkins and Cox. (Im sure Clarkey will point out Ive missed somebody. Lol). Off the top of my head Albion havent had any real guns of the comp who are tall. All their better players have been midfielders. Apart from Philpott they have Buttina, who although he is a good player isnt a key forward imo. He would be a much better player not taking the best backman. Johnny Haldane, Foreman, Joey Thompson and Dicko have been goers and have been good players but they arent in the same league as they guys mentioned above I dont think.

In saying all this big guys who can play dont grow on trees so maybe they just cant find them. Or maybe they arent the right money to the right people. I dont know. Thats just my opinion from an outsider looking in. I hope they do challenge this year, along with Sunshine and obviously Hoppers bcos its been a little predictable of late.

Are they recruiting the players they need though? Every team can do with gun midfielders if they can get them but I reckon they need some decent talls to seriously contend for the flag. I dont think its coincidence that Spotty and Port have had the best talls in the comp. Spotty have had McGhie, Crackers, Montebello, Molan and Mangan and Port have had Julier, Bonnett, Clarke, Perkins and Cox. (Im sure Clarkey will point out Ive missed somebody. Lol). Off the top of my head Albion havent had any real guns of the comp who are tall. All their better players have been midfielders. Apart from Philpott they have Buttina, who although he is a good player isnt a key forward imo. He would be a much better player not taking the best backman. Johnny Haldane, Foreman, Joey Thompson and Dicko have been goers and have been good players but they arent in the same league as they guys mentioned above I dont think.

In saying all this big guys who can play dont grow on trees so maybe they just cant find them. Or maybe they arent the right money to the right people. I dont know. Thats just my opinion from an outsider looking in. I hope they do challenge this year, along with Sunshine and obviously Hoppers bcos its been a little predictable of late.
You know your footy pretty well Beazer, u ever entertained coaching? if not now then when youve finished playing? Also just wondering how you think Jacobs will go coaching/playing against his old team mates, u would have done the same thing at spotty/hoppers - what's your take on it?

You know your footy pretty well Beazer, u ever entertained coaching? if not now then when youve finished playing? Also just wondering how you think Jacobs will go coaching/playing against his old team mates, u would have done the same thing at spotty/hoppers - what's your take on it?

Yeah I have thought about it and been offered a few positions and Im sure I will get into it soon enough. I just have to find the right fit for me and a club and be ready to commit a lot more of my time which Im not ready to do atm.

As for playing/coaching against your old team, I dont think its that hard. Its more mental than anything. You think about it much more and people talk about it and hype it up but at the end of the day we have all done competitive work against our mates so this is no different. Your 1st contest is a weird feeling but when you are f#cked and gasping for air, you really are not worried about who you are playing against. In saying that, my position is a little different to Bretts. I had a point to prove after leaving Hoppers and Spotty, he doesnt. It would be a challenge as coach though to try and pick apart your old team with a strategy to knock them off. Im sure after a couple of tackles Brett wont care too much who he is playing against.

Yeah I have thought about it and been offered a few positions and Im sure I will get into it soon enough. I just have to find the right fit for me and a club and be ready to commit a lot more of my time which Im not ready to do atm.

As for playing/coaching against your old team, I dont think its that hard. Its more mental than anything. You think about it much more and people talk about it and hype it up but at the end of the day we have all done competitive work against our mates so this is no different. Your 1st contest is a weird feeling but when you are f#cked and gasping for air, you really are not worried about who you are playing against. In saying that, my position is a little different to Bretts. I had a point to prove after leaving Hoppers and Spotty, he doesnt. It would be a challenge as coach though to try and pick apart your old team with a strategy to knock them off. Im sure after a couple of tackles Brett wont care too much who he is playing against.

Point to prove......

My arse you coudn't handle not getting a game with a broken limb ( I Know sorry u'v played with pain killers in previous finals and it just worked before ). But i'll be honest your display at Spotty in the home & Away was 2nd only to a Mitch Bettie's performance in his prime, I must admit I heard the old boys saying how did we let this bloke go!! Although you did a fine job when filling the water bottles on the pine.....

The day you left Spotty will be the thing you'll regret for a while, just imature.

Congrat's on the Hoppers Best & Fairest though sterling effort.

Next Club at the ready......................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back