Western Region FL - Division One

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
paul harrison has hung the boots up & will coach, steve zavalas & justin dorwood two that joined 2 years ago as playing coachs have both left. no big names signed yet but 5 or 6 on the cards.

Believe or know???? You obviously haven't spoke to nathan about the situation. I think from memory he only played 3 senior games so he was never going earn to much from playing wrfl.
If he does play footy next year i'm confident of keeping him at colts.

I know Rock, but must say sorry after reading my post. I didn't word it properly. He wasn't happy with everything he was billed for i.e membership, fines for not training while he was training with werribee, shorts, socks etc. Which a club has a right to do. So 3 games would leave him a bit short after that.

Believe or know???? You obviously haven't spoke to nathan about the situation. I think from memory he only played 3 senior games so he was never going earn to much from playing wrfl.
If he does play footy next year i'm confident of keeping him at colts.

Memory must be pretty short, 3 Reserves games (probably just signed the sheet to ensure finals eligibility, a lot of good that did) and 7 Senior games for the year.
Not playing Nathan in the Grand Final would probably push him to leave, let alone not being paid correctly?
Heard that there are a few more players not too happy at Colts ATM and also considering leaving, could this be a monetary issue

with Glenorden losing a lot of top players, will put them just about out after next year. Point Cook not wanting to put a team into the WRFL. Talk of Spotty and Colts losing many, Albion losing a couple of key players, Beazer wanting to move on after winning Club B&F and probably other clubs also missing some keys players. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THIS LEAGUE? Seems to be going down hill at a rapid pace similarly to the way the league is being run.

Div 2 winner goes up, Div 1 loser goes down - that's the way it should stay. Should be a non-issue. Deer Park wouldn't be any less competitive than West Footscray were in Div 1 this year.

If sides don't wanna do it then they can throw the Div 2 Grand Final! Alright I said that tongue in cheek but when it starts becoming discretionary then the league have problems. It needs to be non-negotiable.

The other alternative is for the league to totally restructure the competition - would a 9 team Div 1 and an 11 team Div 2 work? No, because it would create a bye on each side of the draw. Would an 8 team Div 1 and a 12 team Div 2 work? Possibly, but they'd have to ditch the Final 5 in Div 1 and have a Final 4 which I doubt they would want. And it would create an uneven draw.

The current system is ideal - barring Div 2 being one round too short.

Div 2 winner goes up, Div 1 loser goes down - that's the way it should stay. Should be a non-issue. Deer Park wouldn't be any less competitive than West Footscray were in Div 1 this year.

If sides don't wanna do it then they can throw the Div 2 Grand Final! Alright I said that tongue in cheek but when it starts becoming discretionary then the league have problems. It needs to be non-negotiable.

The other alternative is for the league to totally restructure the competition - would a 9 team Div 1 and an 11 team Div 2 work? No, because it would create a bye on each side of the draw. Would an 8 team Div 1 and a 12 team Div 2 work? Possibly, but they'd have to ditch the Final 5 in Div 1 and have a Final 4 which I doubt they would want. And it would create an uneven draw.

The current system is ideal - barring Div 2 being one round too short.

i agree with beazer........;)

I know Rock, but must say sorry after reading my post. I didn't word it properly. He wasn't happy with everything he was billed for i.e membership, fines for not training while he was training with werribee, shorts, socks etc. Which a club has a right to do. So 3 games would leave him a bit short after that.

Secure38 is close to nathan so obvious he has spoken to him. I have nothing to do with player payments anymore but do find it very strange he was fined for training attendances when no other players are.

I think you will colts will have just about the same list this year as last.
Perkins will go to v.f.l and we may have a coaching change.
Colts will be strong again, on field but more importantly off field.

with Glenorden losing a lot of top players, will put them just about out after next year. Point Cook not wanting to put a team into the WRFL. Talk of Spotty and Colts losing many, Albion losing a couple of key players, Beazer wanting to move on after winning Club B&F and probably other clubs also missing some keys players. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THIS LEAGUE? Seems to be going down hill at a rapid pace similarly to the way the league is being run.

I think you will find it is a thing called October (start of silly season) Each year players will come and go, that is the nature of park footy. Some clubs will be able to secure a couple of ex AFL players, and everyone will forget about who left, and all the talk will be about who has been recruited.
As for Albion losing key players, you may find they were at the end of their careers and would not have gone on much longer. Beazer may have got a good offer to go elsewhere, and in todays climate, you would be mad not to consider it. Spotty and Colts are the 2 best teams of the last few years, so if i was recruiting from another league, their players would be high on my list to go after.
Sorry for trying to speak common sense, i will try not to do it again

I think you will find it is a thing called October (start of silly season) Each year players will come and go, that is the nature of park footy. Some clubs will be able to secure a couple of ex AFL players, and everyone will forget about who left, and all the talk will be about who has been recruited.
As for Albion losing key players, you may find they were at the end of their careers and would not have gone on much longer. Beazer may have got a good offer to go elsewhere, and in todays climate, you would be mad not to consider it. Spotty and Colts are the 2 best teams of the last few years, so if i was recruiting from another league, their players would be high on my list to go after.
Sorry for trying to speak common sense, i will try not to do it again

If I leave it wont be for a better offer. I thought I mentioned why Id leave if i did in a previous post. Agree though, its amazing what sh#t gets thrown around this time of the year. Some of it is actually quite amusing actually.

With the administration of the league being such a mess - has anyone heard on the grapevine whats happening... it is all rather quiet from the top.
I had heard John Batty was moving on to the Riddle Comp. Not sure how true it is.
What are peoples thoughts on what should happen??

If I leave it wont be for a better offer.

If thats the case Sunny Heights will offer up 2 Hot Dogs, 6 steamed Dim Sims and a 6 pack every Sat as well as dinner on a Thursday (with seconds)??? I'm pretty sure thats not a better offer. Let me know if that will get you across the line :D:D

*Just so you are aware we did win Canteen of the year in 2008 so the Hot Dogs are Top Shelf:thumbsu:

If thats the case Sunny Heights will offer up 2 Hot Dogs, 6 steamed Dim Sims and a 6 pack every Sat as well as dinner on a Thursday (with seconds)??? I'm pretty sure thats not a better offer. Let me know if that will get you across the line :D:D

*Just so you are aware we did win Canteen of the year in 2008 so the Hot Dogs are Top Shelf:thumbsu:

Was that an extra award next to club of the year?
Because that is a joke as well!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got any info on the new Coach of Parkside:thumbsu: Is he a succesful coach, has been around for a while and would he bring players with him to the club!!

With the administration of the league being such a mess - has anyone heard on the grapevine whats happening... it is all rather quiet from the top.
I had heard John Batty was moving on to the Riddle Comp. Not sure how true it is.
What are peoples thoughts on what should happen??

Maybe Mr Batty is ahead of his time. The way he has run the W.R.F.L nearly in to the ground, and his impending appointment of the R.D.F.L will in 5 years see him once again in charge. This time it will be the merged 2 and called N.W.F.L (North Western Football League).:eek:

Throw in a box of jam donuts and and a slab of pure blondes for a sign on and Im there ;)

Sh#t, thats a good selling point for the club to possible recruits, we won the canteen of the year in 2008 :D

Bit of news out of West tonight. I beleive that they have voted to go to Div 2. This puts the WRFL in a bad position. I posted the league rules regarding this earlier. After reading that in my opinion the only option the league has is to make Deer Park come up and take their medicine!!

A 9 team Division 1 is just no good. You cant have 2 divisions both with uneven numbers.

Bit of news out of West tonight. I beleive that they have voted to go to Div 2. This puts the WRFL in a bad position. I posted the league rules regarding this earlier. After reading that in my opinion the only option the league has is to make Deer Park come up and take their medicine!!

A 9 team Division 1 is just no good. You cant have 2 divisions both with uneven numbers.

Thought the rules stated that the league could only make the divvy2 side go up if they won 2 flags in a row. Think the league's first step would be to ask parkside if they were interested if deer park say no. What about coaching GB50. Did that come out of west;s agm as well?

Anyone got any info on the new Coach of Parkside:thumbsu: Is he a succesful coach, has been around for a while and would he bring players with him to the club!!

He has been around footy for a long time. Coached Spotty U/18 for a few years for finals appearances. Coached Spotty two's in 2009 to a prelim. By all reports he knows what he is on about so it's a good appointment. Don't know if he will bring players with him but he is a Parkside man so that has to be a plus.

Thought the rules stated that the league could only make the divvy2 side go up if they won 2 flags in a row. Think the league's first step would be to ask parkside if they were interested if deer park say no. What about coaching GB50. Did that come out of west;s agm as well?

If you're good enough to win a flag, you're good enough to have a crack in D1. The league should show some flexibility and offer cash strapped Divy2 premiers a concession or ten for their first year in the in Divy1. Would act as a good incentive.
If clubs are going to refuse promotion when they win flags, scrap the idea and promote the so-called 'minor' premiers who are the best performed side all year. Parkside were best on and off the field and in better position to challenge in D1 in 2010.
Here's a scenario for you.
The D2 clubs meet with the WRFL during pre-season. They are told that a flag means promotion and that's final. What do the clubs do? They TANK! There's that word again. aha.

So what the deal Rooster? I hear Bones has stood down as pres because he was the only one who voted to stay in Divvy1. Is this true and was your coach announced last night?

If you're good enough to win a flag, you're good enough to have a crack in D1. The league should show some flexibility and offer cash strapped Divy2 premiers a concession or ten for their first year in the in Divy1. Would act as a good incentive.
If clubs are going to refuse promotion when they win flags, scrap the idea and promote the so-called 'minor' premiers who are the best performed side all year. Parkside were best on and off the field and in better position to challenge in D1 in 2010.
Here's a scenario for you.
The D2 clubs meet with the WRFL during pre-season. They are told that a flag means promotion and that's final. What do the clubs do? They TANK! There's that word again. aha.

something along these lines has to happen.......im from d/p and would love to see my club back where it belongs in div 1 but if the finances arnt there i can see from a commitee perspective why they have chosen not to.......people say heights didnt have money maybe they didnt i dont know but they were in a much better possie(in terms of player list) than d/p are at the minuite........west well i dont know why they even went up......this(them getting relegated) was always on the cards.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back