Western Region FL - Division One

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any new reecruits or losses?
Is Mcgee gona be around more regularly this year?

My mail is that Lucas was going to play at Spotty this year, but due to his current responsibility at work will be dedicating more time to that.

By the way Typewriter, congrats on the safe arrival of your new little label maker!

So the Montabruno's and Butty has clearances knocked back a second time to go to APW
obviously they don't want to play at Hoppers

Other way around rogers, they want to stay at Hoppers but APW are trying to put the clearence through.
Danny O, I dont think you understand the complexed situation these guys have created They have signed at 2 clubs obviously resigning at Hoppers after signing at APW for what ever reason.
The 3 players are on the verge of distroying any contract between any club and a player in any league, surely you must understand that this will be the biggest test case Football Victoria will be tested with in a long time.
If this not sorted out it will mean that not one player is legally bound to any club throughout the state of Victoria.
Can you imagine the ramifications of such an action.:eek:

If the players were still under contract at Hoppers, then I dont think APW have a case. If they were out of contract at Hoppers and then signed at APW, APW would have the upper hand I reckon. Obviously contract specifics come into it, but in general a club can choose to hold a player if there is a contract in place. The question here is who had the contract in place, Hoppers or APW. I'd prefer a handshake deal anyway but that does not suit everyone.

If the players were still under contract at Hoppers, then I dont think APW have a case. If they were out of contract at Hoppers and then signed at APW, APW would have the upper hand I reckon. Obviously contract specifics come into it, but in general a club can choose to hold a player if there is a contract in place. The question here is who had the contract in place, Hoppers or APW. I'd prefer a handshake deal anyway but that does not suit everyone.

Contracts are not binding till clearance is finalised - APW has no claim
Is contenscious in that this allows players to shop themselves around and deceive Clubs - pity any Club who hand over sign on fee before clearance is finalised

APW have no claim under the current contracts (which is really a joke). Contract says

"The parties acknowledge that this contract will not be valid and effective until the player has received the required transfer/clearance authoriasation from his former club."

Until the players are cleared the contract means nothing. This does need to be looked at.

The clause is fair enough as it allows the club that the player is leaving to have a way to get back any money or property that the player may owe. As I posted earlier the easiest way around this would be for all leagues to open up a window of 4 -6 weeks in OCT - NOV to process clearances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

APW have no claim under the current contracts (which is really a joke). Contract says

"The parties acknowledge that this contract will not be valid and effective until the player has received the required transfer/clearance authoriasation from his former club."

Until the players are cleared the contract means nothing. This does need to be looked at.

The clause is fair enough as it allows the club that the player is leaving to have a way to get back any money or property that the player may owe. As I posted earlier the easiest way around this would be for all leagues to open up a window of 4 -6 weeks in OCT - NOV to process clearances.

Is this quote from a WRFL contract? are all contracts the same across all leagues? would it state the same thing on an AW contract? not sure, could be a loophole. Surely if that line was on the AW contract they wouldnt bother with all this???? it is just too clear cut otherwise.

Is this quote from a WRFL contract? are all contracts the same across all leagues? would it state the same thing on an AW contract? not sure, could be a loophole. Surely if that line was on the AW contract they wouldnt bother with all this???? it is just too clear cut otherwise.

Very clear cut, all playres in question had a contract in place at the time of them signing another one at APW. If APW knew that these players were contracted they can be done for poaching, i think they will not persue this any further would be a waist of people time and efforts. As GB50 said the contract is not binding in any case unless the players are cleared and they don't want to be cleared so they wont be cleared. let's bury this and move on they will be playing round 1 at Hoppers.

Very clear cut, all playres in question had a contract in place at the time of them signing another one at APW. If APW knew that these players were contracted they can be done for poaching, i think they will not persue this any further would be a waist of people time and efforts. As GB50 said the contract is not binding in any case unless the players are cleared and they don't want to be cleared so they wont be cleared. let's bury this and move on they will be playing round 1 at Hoppers.
Great conversation point Danny Ocean
I put it to you, that these guys knew what they signed over a 6 week period including a number of face to face meetings. I have it on good authority that they signed documents stating they have no contractual obligations or owe their previous club money or are holding club merchandise - Fact , the club they signed with has every right to claim them and thats is why that club can persue this. No case of Poaching Fact is these guys can't reneger and hide the truth nor can that journey man recycled little red head coach keep them there even if they want too. Can you imagine any player leaving a club to any other club at any time they feel like. just stop and put the emotions behind you and think what can happen here. Sometimes players must be accountable for their actions and negotiating with big dollar values just hightlights that their actions are not to be accepted by any club. Spare me the corrodile tears Danny dont tell me the 3 players in question didnt know they had a contract in place before they dicided to sign elsewhere, please I know people can be stupid in Hoppers but not that stupid and back dating a contract to cover some ones mistake is the oldest trick in the book, no one falls for that one any more.
They can't be held by their existing club just because they just changed their minds. Standard AFL victoria contracts are common place at every club, someone at Hoppers needs to switch on the lights
my suggestion--- a 12 month suspenion will fix this problem from occuring again anywhere in Victoria.

Great conversation point Danny Ocean
I put it to you, that these guys knew what they signed over a 6 week period including a number of face to face meetings. I have it on good authority that they signed documents stating they have no contractual obligations or owe their previous club money or are holding club merchandise - Fact , the club they signed with has every right to claim them and thats is why that club can persue this. No case of Poaching Fact is these guys can't reneger and hide the truth nor can that journey man recycled little red head coach keep them there even if they want too. Can you imagine any player leaving a club to any other club at any time they feel like. just stop and put the emotions behind you and think what can happen here. Sometimes players must be accountable for their actions and negotiating with big dollar values just hightlights that their actions are not to be accepted by any club. Spare me the corrodile tears Danny dont tell me the 3 players in question didnt know they had a contract in place before they dicided to sign elsewhere, please I know people can be stupid in Hoppers but not that stupid and back dating a contract to cover some ones mistake is the oldest trick in the book, no one falls for that one any more.
They can't be held by their existing club just because they just changed their minds. Standard AFL victoria contracts are common place at every club, someone at Hoppers needs to switch on the lights
my suggestion--- a 12 month suspenion will fix this problem from occuring again anywhere in Victoria.

Yeah good idea, suspend every player who goes to another club and signs after they have already signed at their current club, you would be suspending allot of players at local level. This happened last year at Spotty with mcghie and Patak and they both played in a flag at the club that did not clear them.

so your telling me in the contract at APW they stipulate that the player is not holding onto any of the clubs property and does not owe any money, that is a load of croc shit buddy.

The fact that they signed at hoppers first really doesn't matter, they have to be cleared to the other club before being contracted and this is not going to happen. Think about it say this goes further and the tribunal asks the player "do you want to go to the club that is persuing your clearance" and the player says "absolutely not" then when is any tribunal going to grant a player must play at the club that he has signed for secondly and is not a regestered player and does not want to be at. Put a little more thought into it. Clean cut case, this will not go any further:thumbsu:

Yeah good idea, suspend every player who goes to another club and signs after they have already signed at their current club, you would be suspending allot of players at local level. This happened last year at Spotty with mcghie and Patak and they both played in a flag at the club that did not clear them.

so your telling me in the contract at APW they stipulate that the player is not holding onto any of the clubs property and does not owe any money, that is a load of croc shit buddy.

The fact that they signed at hoppers first really doesn't matter, they have to be cleared to the other club before being contracted and this is not going to happen. Think about it say this goes further and the tribunal asks the player "do you want to go to the club that is persuing your clearance" and the player says "absolutely not" then when is any tribunal going to grant a player must play at the club that he has signed for secondly and is not a regestered player and does not want to be at. Put a little more thought into it. Clean cut case, this will not go any further:thumbsu:

does this mean Doug Thomas will be running out 4 hoppers in round 1

does this mean Doug Thomas will be running out 4 hoppers in round 1

If not with hoppers then I don't think he will be playing at all, he signed a contract at the end of last year. i believe it is alot harder to get out of contract now days, so yeah i think he will be playing at Hoppers.

On some actual footy talk and not contracts, Hoppers played an intra club last night was a very solid hit out with plenty of numbers, both sides had 4 on each bench which was great to see.

The new game plan was unvield and some old habbits ironed out and it looked a very nice brand of football, with Brad Murphy on the comeback trail and a few new faces playing last night who have signed with us we will only be stronger.

pretty sure these guys didnt sign with the other club, so differant situation

On some actual footy talk and not contracts, Hoppers played an intra club last night was a very solid hit out with plenty of numbers, both sides had 4 on each bench which was great to see.

The new game plan was unvield and some old habbits ironed out and it looked a very nice brand of football, with Brad Murphy on the comeback trail and a few new faces playing last night who have signed with us we will only be stronger.
Great to hear Danny, its nice of your club to warm up 3 new recruits in the EDFL
love your work:D
On a serious note- I was there and it was a good hit out for the team very virgous in the packs early but mellowed in the second half
It appear the honey moon period with Ezard has begun, just waiting for the 7 game itch to kick in - good to see footies back in the West
Oh by the way its the same game plan used at Pascoe Vale StAlbans
Blackburn for 1/2 a year, Gumbayah Park in Gippsland and Luna Park in St Kilda
failed recycled coaches just love the merry go round

Good positive spin there:thumbsu:

Roosters. I noticed a clearance for Alec Young. Disapointing to see your best player leave the club when you are trying to rebuild.

I think it's time some people give the pot shots at Ezard a rest. Knowing the bloke and the success he had at St.Albans I think you should give him a decent crack before you start bagging the bloke. It's easy to look at the Noble Park situation in a negative light but sometimes when you go to a place and try and change the culture you and what you get are sooks and older players who can sabotage your work. Ezard can be an arrogant bloke and can tend to rub people up the wrong way at times.

The proof will be in the pudding i guess...

Roosters. I noticed a clearance for Alec Young. Disapointing to see your best player leave the club when you are trying to rebuild.

But I did hear that Wests have at least 10 new faces on the track this week...what's the go Roosters? Any new talent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back