Western Region FL - Division One

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
noticed today that koutzamanis and doug thomas put in clearence request's to south melton. as did tyquin from glenordan. thomas and tyq's refused while koutz' is still pending. Any news from hoppers?

Seriously what the **** is going on down there

You have blokes going to Altona blokes signing with other clubs then getting talked into staying at Hoppers

The place sounds like its falling apart

Is Beazer playing at Hoppers this year???
As there is no clearance put in for him or the other players that were going with him to Undera?????
If he isnt there will be alot of pis*ed off player that left undera this year and will not return!!!!!!

Sadly Sheilds will miss this season with a Knee, Freeland should be back mid year.

All the best for a quick and strong recovery to both players. Guess we will find out how hoppers are going after their praccy at whitten oval tomorrow against Bell Park, who will have Matty Stokes running around as well.

All the best for a quick and strong recovery to both players. Guess we will find out how hoppers are going after their praccy at whitten oval tomorrow against Bell Park, who will have Matty Stokes running around as well.

Hoppers went ok, lost by 4 goals, they had a crack and that's all you can ask from the boys. Was told Bell Park were missing 10 of there starting 18, in saying that the side they put out anyhow was quite polished. Dont think Hoppers have to many to come back in the side, maybe a few but thats a question probably better answered from the mysterious DannyOcean?

Hoppers went ok, lost by 4 goals, they had a crack and that's all you can ask from the boys. Was told Bell Park were missing 10 of there starting 18, in saying that the side they put out anyhow was quite polished. Dont think Hoppers have to many to come back in the side, maybe a few but thats a question probably better answered from the mysterious DannyOcean?

Hoppers did do ok mate. Bell park had 4 out of their side (spoke to coach) and if they hadn't of got those early ones it may have gone the other way. Hoppers don't seem to be as bad as people thought. Must say though, having Montebruno, Walsh, and Mitchell in the fwd line at the start was a little worrying leg speed wise. And the flood that has obviously been practiced to choke sides this year seemed to work. Depth may be a worry if injuries hit but did show a good account and may be there abouts. Don't Know about you Tige, but i though number 16 for Bell Park (on baller) was a gun.

Hoppers did do ok mate. Bell park had 4 out of their side (spoke to coach) and if they hadn't of got those early ones it may have gone the other way. Hoppers don't seem to be as bad as people thought. Must say though, having Montebruno, Walsh, and Mitchell in the fwd line at the start was a little worrying leg speed wise. And the flood that has obviously been practiced to choke sides this year seemed to work. Depth may be a worry if injuries hit but did show a good account and may be there abouts. Don't Know about you Tige, but i though number 16 for Bell Park (on baller) was a gun.

I thought they were missing a few more than 4 but if that was the case then I would have no problems in taking our hoppers side from last year agaisnt bell park, I think we would probably have them covered! Umm they were very well drilled and you can tell how well coached they are, I only stayed to
half time as we had our own game to play but from I did see that red head who played on the ball was a cut above the standard, if he was 16 then yeah definitely was a gun.

Was a good result in the end we got to within 5 points in the 3rd and then with about 2 minutes left in the last Bell Park kicked 2 goals. Bell park finished 3rd last year in GFL so with the team we had on the park i would say we held our own. As for them missing 10 of there starting 18 i was speaking to one of there players out on the ground and he said they have about 3 players to come back in so a slight exageration on your behalf tige19. We had 5 players missing M.Smith, B.Murphy, B.Monty, C.Barry and O.Butene. was a very hot day and our fittness is something that ezard has really worked on this pre season so we kept going all day. Was a great hit out played in the right spirit. On Bell Park they are a very well drilled, well coached hard running team with awesome skills. So i think all are happy with our performance without getting too far ahead of ourselfs.

Was a good result in the end we got to within 5 points in the 3rd and then with about 2 minutes left in the last Bell Park kicked 2 goals. Bell park finished 3rd last year in GFL so with the team we had on the park i would say we held our own. As for them missing 10 of there starting 18 i was speaking to one of there players out on the ground and he said they have about 3 players to come back in so a slight exageration on your behalf tige19. We had 5 players missing M.Smith, B.Murphy, B.Monty, C.Barry and O.Butene. was a very hot day and our fittness is something that ezard has really worked on this pre season so we kept going all day. Was a great hit out played in the right spirit. On Bell Park they are a very well drilled, well coached hard running team with awesome skills. So i think all are happy with our performance without getting too far ahead of ourselfs.

How did the big beazer go?

How did the big beazer go?

I made my way down to have a look on Sat and was surprised by the standard these two teams displayed. thought Bell Park from the Geel league were a cut above but thought Hoppers played very well after the 1st qtr. I left half way through the last and at that stage I heard the scores were pretty level so a good effort for Hoppers. Noticed alot of new faces in the hoppers camp a very youngish looking team with some old wise heads.

not sure if Beazely has left Hoppers, I did see him on the sideline at one stage so might be injured and also saw one of the Carsons running water(not sure which one the taller One) is he back at Hoppers if so he is a massive gain?

have any teams got a praccy this week and where? wouldn't mind having a look while the wether is still good and can take the kids out for a run around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bell Park were a class above due to the skills... hit targets most of the game and ran hard from f/k's and marks... I spoke to the coach and he said there was about 10 missing... not sure who he's told porkies to, but if it's that many, they'll be a good side come season proper in GFL... Hoppers got out slowly but 2nd and 3rd were their best... Mitchell popped up during this time and did some good things including a few goals... hard to say at this time of year but Hoppers looked reasonable, just the skill level difference showed on the board

Was up in Yarrawonga on the weekend and to my surprise so were St Albans.

They were playing a practice match against Mulwala. I watched half of the game. It was a close game, not sure hwo won. The saints were really hard at it and their tackling was great.

The saints seem to have a new ruckman, not sure of his name and not big, but can jump! Jenkins dominated through the midefield, along with Dawson, Sims and Brown. There was this other bloke not sure of his name but he did ok.

The saints struggled across half forward, it looks like the saints are going to play the little bloke with the big shorts, not sure of his name but kicked lots of goals in the finals in 2008 deep in the forward line. In saying this he didn't do much but the entry into the forward line was pretty ordinary.

Damien Fitz didn't play but he was there.

In saying this the game wasn't that great as I headed back to the boat at half time.

I made my way down to have a look on Sat and was surprised by the standard these two teams displayed. thought Bell Park from the Geel league were a cut above but thought Hoppers played very well after the 1st qtr. I left half way through the last and at that stage I heard the scores were pretty level so a good effort for Hoppers. Noticed alot of new faces in the hoppers camp a very youngish looking team with some old wise heads.

not sure if Beazely has left Hoppers, I did see him on the sideline at one stage so might be injured and also saw one of the Carsons running water(not sure which one the taller One) is he back at Hoppers if so he is a massive gain?

have any teams got a praccy this week and where? wouldn't mind having a look while the wether is still good and can take the kids out for a run around.

Will be interesting to see how hoppers match up against Avondale heights in two weeks, i would say last years hoppers side would have been maybe on level terms with this years side, so we will get a rough idea of weather hoppers could again be a serious challenger.
Good to see the cats not talking themselves up this year, i how ever think they will be the team to beat, recruited some real hard nuts, along with some quality edfl A grade players, spotty again will be strong then sunshine colts and hoppers right there again also. I think it really could be the most open flag race for some time, depth will certainly play a part.

Will be interesting to see how hoppers match up against Avondale heights in two weeks, i would say last years hoppers side would have been maybe on level terms with this years side, so we will get a rough idea of weather hoppers could again be a serious challenger.
Good to see the cats not talking themselves up this year, i how ever think they will be the team to beat, recruited some real hard nuts, along with some quality edfl A grade players, spotty again will be strong then sunshine colts and hoppers right there again also. I think it really could be the most open flag race for some time, depth will certainly play a part.

good quality opposition in praccys is the way to go although might not be able to take too much out of this result because we will have about 14 players not available due to wedding and cricket finals.

Albion - Spending BIG$$$ but no doubt some quality recruits. (A real Contender)

Spotty - Keenan makes them a big contender again, but a couple of losses also brings them back a little.

Colts - Still have some quality players but question will be if they can kick enough goals without Perkins, Hoath, Clarke & the Jacobs brothers chipping in. Bellingham would have be an ideal replacement for one of them.

Hoppers - Hard to read but if my mail is right, they have a few departures yet to be registered on the WRFL web site.

Kangas - Will improve no doubt with tabled recruits, and a couple more names yet to be disclosed.

Agree with Rock depth is going to be important so think with that in mind;

Spotty - good depth always!
Cats - Reserve Premiers last year!
Kangas - Reserve Premiers 2008.

Colts & Hoppers with losses will really stretch there depth.

Depth questionable with other teams, but Altona seem to have plenty???

Hey guys, I am new to the BigFooty forums/blogs. Does anyone have any new news stories on players for example the Majak Daw story? I am assigned to the Sport portfolio of my Journalism story and looking for a new and interesting news story to research and report. If anyone does can you please reply to this.
Cheers

Hey guys, I am new to the BigFooty forums/blogs. Does anyone have any new news stories on players for example the Majak Daw story? I am assigned to the Sport portfolio of my Journalism story and looking for a new and interesting news story to research and report. If anyone does can you please reply to this.
Cheers

Answered your own question- new and interesting looks like you're on a winner there.

Was up in Yarrawonga on the weekend and to my surprise so were St Albans.

They were playing a practice match against Mulwala. I watched half of the game. It was a close game, not sure hwo won. The saints were really hard at it and their tackling was great.

The saints seem to have a new ruckman, not sure of his name and not big, but can jump! Jenkins dominated through the midefield, along with Dawson, Sims and Brown. There was this other bloke not sure of his name but he did ok.

The saints struggled across half forward, it looks like the saints are going to play the little bloke with the big shorts, not sure of his name but kicked lots of goals in the finals in 2008 deep in the forward line. In saying this he didn't do much but the entry into the forward line was pretty ordinary.

Damien Fitz didn't play but he was there.

In saying this the game wasn't that great as I headed back to the boat at half time.

so im guessing Jenkins is staying at the saints

Exageration?? come on pal, you know Bell Park had more than 3 out so stop talking rubbish, not sure about the figure being 10 as people tend to overstate figurs when discussing praccy matches but I am pretty certain the figure is more around 7-8 players. Anyway apart from that I thought Hoppers played a very good game of footy, some of the younger boys stepped up and proved they had the ability to play at that level. I think the team will need a little time to gel and the first round against Sunny Heights will be the perfect launching pad.

If I was a betting man I would have Hoppers in around the top 4 and come finals if things gel they could do some real damage.

Danny, how did Phipps go?? worked into the match well I thought...

:Da part.

Albion - Spending BIG$$$ but no doubt some quality recruits. (A real Contender)

Spotty - Keenan makes them a big contender again, but a couple of losses also brings them back a little.

Colts - Still have some quality players but question will be if they can kick enough goals without Perkins, Hoath, Clarke & the Jacobs brothers chipping in. Bellingham would have be an ideal replacement for one of them.

Hoppers - Hard to read but if my mail is right, they have a few departures yet to be registered on the WRFL web site.

Kangas - Will improve no doubt with tabled recruits, and a couple more names yet to be disclosed.

Agree with Rock depth is going to be important so think with that in mind;

Spotty - good depth always!
Cats - Reserve Premiers last year!
Kangas - Reserve Premiers 2008.

Colts & Hoppers with losses will really stretch there depth.

Depth questionable with other teams, but Altona seem to have plenty???[/quote]

is this wish full thinking,
believe Spotty's list at present is stronger then this time last year,
but they probably wanted that kept quiet

is this wish full thinking,
believe Spotty's list at present is stronger then this time last year,
but they probably wanted that kept quiet

I doubt this is true but hey i maybe should never doubt spotty....

GONE-from this time last year, wilson, sablich(yes i know both didn't play),
isbister, patak, waldron, montebello, theodore, ayton (will play at willie), believe sam wood and dumbleton at bendigo and maybe one or two others i have missed so quite a few missing.
GAINS-keenan and couch both quality inclusions/
I believe spotty will be up there again but also very vulnerable, like the colts have lost some quality and depth but both will be team to beat come finals time.
A very open season coming up easily any of the top 5 could win although maybe not hoppers....

I doubt this is true but hey i maybe should never doubt spotty....

GONE-from this time last year, wilson, sablich(yes i know both didn't play),
isbister, patak, waldron, montebello, theodore, ayton (will play at willie), believe sam wood and dumbleton at bendigo and maybe one or two others i have missed so quite a few missing.
GAINS-keenan and couch both quality inclusions/
I believe spotty will be up there again but also very vulnerable, like the colts have lost some quality and depth but both will be team to beat come finals time.
A very open season coming up easily any of the top 5 could win although maybe not hoppers....

Are Albion's and Sunshine's gains good enough to take them up a step or two? Both are always tipped to be the big improvers but somehow fall over. Just wonder whether their pre-season gains are talked up too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back