Western Region FL - Division Two - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mo had to much space to lead into and the support wasn't there something for us to work on as a team

You want to be having a good look at you match ups pal when you say a bloke who is 20 kgs overweight had too much space. No offence to the player mo as i know he can play the game but he is slow.

You want to be having a good look at you match ups pal when you say a bloke who is 20 kgs overweight had too much space. No offence to the player mo as i know he can play the game but he is slow.

Mo is actually very quick over the first 15 meteres, he doesnt look it but he is...

easyily put no pressure from the mids/half backs to put pressure on the kicker delivering it to him.......:footy:

Cal played a great game and was also in Albanvale's best. Must say the bloke has earned alot of respect amongst the playing group after his efforts on the weekend playing after quarter time with a broken hand and finger. The guy has a massive ticker !
How did Cal break his hand ? :thumbsdown:

Support for Cain

HI Guys and thought I would post to show some support for my old friend Cain.

Having played in this league for over ten yeas I think I have the wisdom??? (I think at least) to have a say on the finals coming up....

I believe having played all the teams at least once that the finals will be made up like so..
Nth Foots (Red devil correct me if I am wrong but is that you Gary and how are you)
Albanvale
Parkside on % from Yarra
Yarraville
Deer Park

Unfortunately Districts will miss out and but in a few years (1 or 2) clubs like Lavo (with a good coach in Justin Moran) and Wynhamvale will be extremely competitive if not pushing for div 1.

After having played all clubs I think there are some major issues with Nth Sunshine and Braybrook.

They seem to be not improving at all and maybe a merger in 2011 is on the cards (hope the WRFL execs read this).

Not sure what people think about the five but from looking at the draw and ladder this may be how it will end up........

Cheers
ZD

Re: Support for Cain

Im disappointed that since an article in the local rag was talking up Airbags Thompson from Wyndhamvale, he hasn't had a kick..... Has all that hot air gone to his bags?

Hey all

For those that may be interested, this Saturday has seen a change in game location for Werribee Tigers, with there game now being played at Chirnside Park instead of Casey.

There will be some good local talent running around in both the Seniors and Reserves.

The games will commence as follows : Seniors 2:45pm and Reserves 5:30pm.

The Social Room will be open from 2:15pm

The Geelong Falcons vs Western Jets game will be played as a Curtain Raiser, beginning at noon

How is everythin traveling down at Parkside?

Wouldnt mind knowin what the Vibe is like down at Yarra either Cain inform us please and inform us on how u are travelling while ur at it everyone would love to know?

Also nothing goin right down at Laverton talkin to a mate down there Wells in from a long spell but Bell & Whitling Out both with broken bones i believe so looks like those boys year is close enough to finished!

Tips for tommorow boys?:)

Wouldnt mind knowin what the Vibe is like down at Yarra either Cain inform us please and inform us on how u are travelling while ur at it everyone would love to know?

Also nothing goin right down at Laverton talkin to a mate down there Wells in from a long spell but Bell & Whitling Out both with broken bones i believe so looks like those boys year is close enough to finished!

Parkside to beat Nth Footscray,have heard the G.F.C has taken
its toll on Nth,Albanvale (again) with players told they will be playing
for nothing .
With Juegan back in (leadership) and on a small ground the bigger
bodies of Parks to strong.
Wyndamvale to cause a upset at home :thumbsu:

Yarra is going to have a difficult month as we are travelling well but have quite a few injuries(not making any exscuses). We played very average match last week and would need to improve and play much better today against the vales.

I am not travelling too well atm mate i have a groin strain which is pretty bad and is going to keep me out for 3-4 weeks.

I am confidnet the boys can get the job done as we have Vales, Albanvale, Nth Sunshine over the next 3 weeks.

I am off to watch and support my teammates good luck to all.:thumbsu:

a reasonable game of footy played yesterday between vales and yarraville in soggy conditions. Yarra came away with a twenty odd point win but the score didn't reflect the match played. Yarra kicked away to lead by around 40 at half time and should have really put the game to bed but did not apply themselves after the brealk, and a combination of hard running and excellent zone defence brought vales to within 10 at the 3rd break.

As mentioned by Cain injuries are starting to mount up for yarra but was no excuse for yesterdays fade out.

Was VERY impressed with the vales. Well coached young side who manitained their game plan of attacking via the clubroom side all day. Well drilled in their full ground zone which they used to great effect for the game. Just let themselves down with disposal. ll credit to them and their staff.

Was not impressed with the away rooms...........a chainlink fence with a tarp covering it seperating the away team from the home team. Didn't see in there but was told that the old away rooms from last year (portables) had been converted into a gym? If so that would have to be one of the worst away set-ups in the league. Please tell me this is short term Evo??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a reasonable game of footy played yesterday between vales and yarraville in soggy conditions. Yarra came away with a twenty odd point win but the score didn't reflect the match played. Yarra kicked away to lead by around 40 at half time and should have really put the game to bed but did not apply themselves after the brealk, and a combination of hard running and excellent zone defence brought vales to within 10 at the 3rd break.

As mentioned by Cain injuries are starting to mount up for yarra but was no excuse for yesterdays fade out.

Was VERY impressed with the vales. Well coached young side who manitained their game plan of attacking via the clubroom side all day. Well drilled in their full ground zone which they used to great effect for the game. Just let themselves down with disposal. ll credit to them and their staff.

Was not impressed with the away rooms...........a chainlink fence with a tarp covering it seperating the away team from the home team. Didn't see in there but was told that the old away rooms from last year (portables) had been converted into a gym? If so that would have to be one of the worst away set-ups in the league. Please tell me this is short term Evo??

same in cricket season last year silky.....terrible......

As for this post i would like to know Bell played for Laverton on saturday I was at the game and i sore him go down with the foot again? is it another break i was near the laverton bench when he got carried off and i heard it was his other foot?
As for the game Laverton were very good for the 1st half they dont have enough targets up forward Bell was up there but wasnt movin all to well but the danger man was Paone out the midfield he was streaming forward havin shots on goal!
As for Albanvale they are a neat outfit Atik ran absolutely silly in the midfield Borg was very solid in defence as usual & also Portelli very good!
I think they could go far this year Albanvale!

How about some updates on some oother games?

As for this post i would like to know Bell played for Laverton on saturday I was at the game and i sore him go down with the foot again? is it another break i was near the laverton bench when he got carried off and i heard it was his other foot?
As for the game Laverton were very good for the 1st half they dont have enough targets up forward Bell was up there but wasnt movin all to well but the danger man was Paone out the midfield he was streaming forward havin shots on goal!
As for Albanvale they are a neat outfit Atik ran absolutely silly in the midfield Borg was very solid in defence as usual & also Portelli very good!
I think they could go far this year Albanvale!

How about some updates on some oother games?

deer park just won against nth sunshine........about time they kicked a massive score.......

next 3 at home will be crucial in the lead up to finals......nth foots yarra(i think) and lavo......

deer park just won against nth sunshine........about time they kicked a massive score.......

next 3 at home will be crucial in the lead up to finals......nth foots yarra(i think) and lavo......

his foot isn't broken im pretty sure its just a fracture i dont know why he even played they were never going to win that game but put up a good fight for the first half paone had the first 3 shots of the game and couldn't convert, he just knows how to find the footy could of put them a couple infront played his usaual game. agree they dont have enough up foward coach dosnt do much dosnt move all that swiftly. but there a young side only going to get better. albanvale were inpressive when in possestion setting them selfs up for a big finals burst atik was just unstoppable in the midfield would of been good to see paone and atik go head to head but he played on barry for most of it.

his foot isn't broken im pretty sure its just a fracture

For your information a break and a fracture are the same.
From the Oxford Concise Medical Dictionary: - fracture (n) breakage of a bone, either complete or incomplete. A simple fracture involves a clean break with little damage to surrounding tissues and no break in the overlying skin. If the overlying skin is perforated and there is a wound extending to the fracture site, the fracture is open and there is a risk of infection.

his foot isn't broken im pretty sure its just a fracture

For your information a break and a fracture are the same.
From the Oxford Concise Medical Dictionary: - fracture (n) breakage of a bone, either complete or incomplete. A simple fracture involves a clean break with little damage to surrounding tissues and no break in the overlying skin. If the overlying skin is perforated and there is a wound extending to the fracture site, the fracture is open and there is a risk of infection.

thanks doctor jeckyl

Checking out the WRFL site and i noticed Caroline Springs advertising for seniors for the 2011 season. I heard this the other week (as a rumour) but it has been confirmed that they will give it a go. Does this mean divi 2 or will the league introduce divi 3 as also heard.
Anyone know anything.

Checking out the WRFL site and i noticed Caroline Springs advertising for seniors for the 2011 season. I heard this the other week (as a rumour) but it has been confirmed that they will give it a go. Does this mean divi 2 or will the league introduce divi 3 as also heard.
Anyone know anything.

hope to god they change their jumper.....its awful

rd1 just wondering how the reunion went last week end...was the old man there???......apparently i was there to witness the 1980 g'f win down at skinners.......with red and white streamers and beanie to boot and photo's to prove it......pppfffftttt

30 years gee whizz long time in footy

Anyone on here here about two people from parkside BC & MS had a punch up late sat night over MS's son getting dropped from the seniors is it fact or fiction.

Anyone on here here about two people from parkside BC & MS had a punch up late sat night over MS's son getting dropped from the seniors is it fact or fiction.

That story is fact MS king hit BC and then started stomping on his head until it got broken up. Theres more to the story than just his son getting dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back